Market Questions

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.25K Views
How to make revenue and user acquisition projections for product which is not launched yet?

How can you make revenue and user acquisition projections before launching your product? And are they worth anything?

asked Aug 28 '11 at 12:11
Blank
Gagan
150 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.86K Views
What is the ideal niche market size for a one man startup to get started?

I have just read the book Start small, stay small by Rob Walling. In this book, he suggested a couple of method of find a niche market to develop products for. From that, I am currently researching...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 20:25
Blank
Tehnyit
144 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.07K Views
Where to find Market Data?

Is there a particular place with, or a particular technique to use for finding different kinds of market data? For instance, I want to look up what research has been done on internal...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 20:52
Blank
Roy Dictus
343 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
What is the canonical answer to "If we can get only x% of this y$ market" where x is a very small number and y a very big one?

One often sees business plans or pitches along the lines of "yeah we're going after a well-entrenched market, but it's a very big one and we need to get only x% of it to be profitable" where x is...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 05:27
Blank
Lindelof
126 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Calculating a company's market share without data?

I am working on a start-up, about a software programme, in the Augmented Reality industry and I have no clue about the number of sales of competitors or about their overall profit, so that I can...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 20:16
Blank
Nosuic
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
How to earn incentive on my website?

I have a website named Digital Flicks and its a website on most of the Web technology updates. Now the problem I have is that I want to monetize the website soon. I want to know some Ad Publishing...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 02:49
Blank
Shiv Kumar Ganesh
118 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
What are the major current trends in the traditional retailing industry?

Now after the internet has taken over a substantial part of shopping, I am interested to know the current trends in the traditional retailing industry. How is it adapting to compete with mature...

asked May 11 '11 at 07:46
Blank
David
1,567 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Which target market should I choose for my business simulation game?

I'm working on a startup idea that teaches individuals about entrepreneurship through video game simulation, kind of like The Sims open for business but for startups. I keep going back and forth...

asked May 7 '11 at 04:05
Blank
Pedro
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.38K Views
How can a startup market a product without own marketing team?

We have set up a start up. Its being surviving for last 10 months. We are planning to launch an mobile app soon. But our worry is that we don't have a marketing team. We cannot afford to have a...

asked Apr 28 '11 at 01:26
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Gambling vs. gaming?

I got interested in business models involving prediction markets and I am wondering at which point such a thing is considered gambling. Here are the cornerstones: it's a prediction market, i.e....

asked Apr 28 '11 at 21:56
Blank
Movingabout
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
Suggestions needed: techniques to reach out to target clients(businesses) in India for validating a business idea

I am looking to reach out to my prospective clients (mostly restaurants) in India, more fore evaluating the idea itself and getting answers to some questions. The clients are not very technology...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 10:30
Blank
Sarthak Dudhara
56 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
4.31K Views
How to write a program for Forex market?

My boss has a jewelry workshop and because of his job he must keep a large money in his account (as some kind of insurance and guarranty for other companies). Recently he heard of trading using...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 01:21
Blank
Isaac
109 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
What would you spend 15 minutes a day of "Social Media" on?

I work in the B2B market. Many of our clients are owned and managed by the entrepreneur or owner. These are not high-tech companies. They make things, they manufacture, they develop, they produce...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
what are the legal/tax issues for running a marketplace with split revenue with the sellers?

I'm working on an online store where sellers will be posting their digital content, and buyers will buy it. Right now I'm thinking of just doing a 50/50 split of the sell price. The store is no...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 04:58
Blank
Merk
108 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.5K Views
How much do market research firms charge?

We need to determine if there's a market for our new idea. Has anyone ever used a market research firm to determine that before? How much do they charge?

asked Jan 25 '11 at 11:55
Blank
Huisjames
26 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
Is there a company that you can turn over your web site and let it run the biz for you and split the profit?

We spent quite a bit of money and time building a great IT career Site. In the meantime, another opportunity that's more lucrative with less competition came up. So we are looking to have the...

asked Jan 11 '11 at 08:47
Blank
Donald
136 points

15 Votes
7 Answers
13.4K Views
How do you find a gap in the market?

I want to start a new business but I don't know what business to start. I know I have certain talents and aptitudes, but how do you find a gap in the market? I want to go where the money flow is...

asked Nov 29 '10 at 21:03
Blank
Claire
76 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
How many women purchase an item online every month by age group?

Hey everyone... i have been spending the past 30 minutes trying to find real statistics from any time in the past three years. I am simply trying to find a breakdown by age group of female...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 10:56
Blank
Bound008
113 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.63K Views
When to target a new platform?

I tend not to treat new platforms as serious or viable business opportunities. My reasoning goes like this... Selling $1 apps in the crowded IPhone app store - unlikely to be any ROI...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 03:12
Blank
Benjamin Wootton
1,667 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.6K Views
What's the value of duplicating other's ideas?

There are lots and lots of startups that succeeded. They prove that the idea behind them was good just as much as the implementation and marketing and all that stuff were good. Then sometimes a...

asked Oct 26 '09 at 16:56
Blank
Kender
166 points