Niche Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.32K Views
Do links from authority sites that don't relate to your niche count for SEO?

If I get several links from authority sites that aren't really related to my site's topic, would they count towards an SEO benefit? Or worse, could it have a negative affect on my rankings?

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:09
Blank
Sonja Smith
29 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
Focusing on a niche market rather than the broader market? A good idea?

We are a start up just building our website and are considering whether to focus on a niche market or to sell to the broader market. Does anybody have any experience of being in a similar dilemma...

asked Sep 22 '14 at 18:40
Blank
Garysvpa
53 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Tool to find influencers in a niche?

I am new to a niche and aren't aware of the taste-makers in this niche.What are some tools and processes to figure out the top 100 influencers I should focus on?Is there a way to rank influencers...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 22:08
Blank
Edward Johnson
5 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
The Necessity of a Niche?

I understand that it is accepted as dogma that a small business needs to have a niche to be successful (in my particular case, with respect to web design). However, I've only read...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 04:34
Blank
Mentok
8 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.72K Views
When is a niche too small?

I'm interested in developing a product for the sport of paintball. It has an estimated 10+ million participants (3rd largest extreme sport), though I'd be targeting the real enthusiasts of the...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 23:43
Blank
Tbowman
217 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
Options for targeting advertising on iOS devices

I'd like to put targeted ads in my free iOS application. My app serves a relatively niche group (say hobby fisherman). What's the best ad network to use? I've used Admob and Apple's iAds in other...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 03:59
Blank
Mr Database
129 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
Marketing to a Dispersed Niche?

This may be similar to a previously asked question ( What is standard marketing practice for a niche SAAS product? ) but I'm hoping that by providing a bit more detail, others will have additional...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 10:59
Blank
Shawn
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.18K Views
Viability of affiliate linking in iOS apps

I'm curious about affiliate linking from my iOS app to products in the iTunes store. This seems like a great idea: just downloading my app implies users have entered their credit card information...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 02:38
Blank
Mr Database
129 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.57K Views
What are the most profitable software niches?

I am looking to develop a software product as a side project, and I want to target a specific niche to lower the customer acquisition costs. I couldn't find relevant results on Google -does anyone...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 11:02
Blank
Bruno Ligutti
126 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Finding clients as a local niche?

I recently (read: last week) started the following business: [Business Name] is a small business IT consulting firm. We specialize in the use of Open Source Software by small businesses. Open...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 12:49
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
Strategy to raise money for smaller market size

We have a niche business for a particular industry but with very good domain expertise and traction. We have a few hundred enterprise customers and over 10 paying enterprise customers after just a...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 00:11
Blank
Kleine2
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
What are the optimal steps for pursuing development of a product innovation?

I have a great idea for a (tangible) product innovation in a very niche industry and would like to find out what the optimal steps are for pursuing this. Note: I have been reading a lot about the...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 23:20
Blank
Sam
509 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
How to Find a CMO for niche products

I currently run two 3rd-party poker related SaaS and will soon launch another. Both products are very specialized and niche but there is a large demand for both products within the community. My...

asked Sep 3 '11 at 01:47
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Choosing a niche you love vs Niche with potential

OK i understand that you should do something you love, but how far should that go? Meaning, for example I love gadgets and software ( usually game related and entertainment etc). But for my startup...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 18:44
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
How to get a foothold in a software market that needs many features to be built before making it 'sellable'?

I am planning to get into creating software for a niche industry. I see that there are some providers already in that space and has room for more. Looking at the quality of products in the market,...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 09:09
Blank
Sarthak Dudhara
56 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
The best place to start to manufacture a FMCG?

I think I may have found a niche in FMCG. If I am looking to manufacture something (not a food), where would be the best place to start in finding manufacturers? I am based in the UK. I believe I...

asked Dec 4 '10 at 22:46
Blank
Aluminari
6 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
2.4K Views
Are weak ideas worth executing?

Recently I put some effort into evaluating niches, but none of them captured me. However, I think I have some good ideas that in overall could form a usable software. The problems are: the target...

asked Nov 3 '10 at 07:45
Blank
Pestaa
143 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
What do you think about the document management niche?

Is that market worth entering, especially for selling to small companies? To build chipper document management systems?

asked Sep 13 '10 at 17:37
Blank
Meir
238 points

-2 Votes
6 Answers
5.13K Views
Is there a missing niche market in web hosting business?

I am thinking in web hosting as a new startup. Is there a niche market in this segment which is not properly served in your opinion? What do you think?

asked May 22 '10 at 02:22
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
How do I attract visitors to a niche content site?

I recently launched a niche content site. The niche is actually fairly popular, but I am not sure how to attract visitors or promote the site. I feel that my site offers value to people in this...

asked Jun 1 '10 at 15:21
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points