Content Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to write a ton of content on a limited budget?

We have a unique problem we're trying to solve: we need to write 15K pages of content on a specific niche and don't have enough of a budget to hire writers on sites like ODesk and TextBroker.The...

asked Jul 5 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Thomas Hunt
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Is this a good idea: a site that ousts bad business practices?

There are a lot of companies whose bad business practices get ousted but don't reach mainstream press. And consumers are the ones that get the short end of the stick.Would it be a good idea to...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:29
Blank
Fletcher Bolt
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to deal with user backlash when adding ads to your content site?

I have a private forum which has grown over the years to now have 10K registered members.I recently added Google AdSense ads to all the forum pages. The ad appears after the first post.How do you...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 17:14
Blank
Richard Baldwin
12 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.7K Views
Content marketing while still maintaining editorial quality: is it possible?

The web is full of blogs creating link bait articles (list posts, etc) that do get a lot of backlinks and mentions on social media.Unfortunately, most of these articles aren't Pulitzer material...

asked Jul 23 '14 at 13:28
Blank
Neil Fernandez
17 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Ways to get content marketing idea offline?

Apart from the web-based strategies to generate ideas for content pieces (Google Keyword Tool, etc.), what are some ways to do this offline?One potential way is by asking customers questions they...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 15:56
Blank
Richard Sadowski
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Does embedding relevant YouTube videos in content improve SEO?

Our site could possibly be classified as a thin affiliate by Google. Our business model primarily relies on affiliate marketing commissions.The problem is that the type of content our site provides...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Anna Robards
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.39K Views
Cost of creating a single content piece for a B2B blog?

I'm looking to hire writers to write blog posts on various topics for my app's blog (in the B2B space). How much can I expect to pay per blog post for quality content?

asked Sep 9 '14 at 18:58
Blank
Mable Guillory
2 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
How do classified ad sites get their initial content?

I've seen "new" classified ad sites have a bunch of listings when they launch. It looks like lots of ads has been posted already although the website was just launched.Same is true with dating...

asked Jun 2 '15 at 05:13
Blank
Michelle
16 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Why are mindless viral campaigns (Upworthy, ViralNova) having success on Facebook?

Why does mediocre content like that on ViralNova get so much success on Facebook? Or is there a bigger psychological play behind the scenes that these sites use?

asked May 16 '14 at 15:43
Blank
Sarah Belmont
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to make writing blog posts a consistent habit?

I have started a few blogs over the years and after a few weeks the posts frequency slows down... and eventually stops. How can one make consistent writing a regular habit? I have no shortage of...

asked May 15 '14 at 21:27
Blank
Albert Hennessey
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Tools to curate and share articles with your audience?

What's the best way to share a daily/weekly curated list of great content you've found with your audience?The only thing I currently do is create "Top posts this week" type of blog posts. Which...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Fran Baker
7 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
Creating a blog on dog walking. How do I make the content interesting?

I'm completely drawing a blank on what type of content to write for a blog on dog walking. It's a topic that is hard to make interesting. Any suggestions?

asked Mar 31 '14 at 00:25
Blank
Deon Griffie
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How many visitors to have before monetizing content site?

I have a large health related content site similar to Drugs.com (large as in the number of pages).How many visitors should I be getting each month before I should start monetizing the traffic?One...

asked Mar 9 '14 at 14:28
Blank
Ben Barnes
5 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Web versions of the movie theatre popcorn trick?

You know popcorn at the movies is priced absurdly high and yet we all still buy it because, well, we're there and there isn't another option.What are some online versions of this trick to use in...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 13:54
Blank
Diana Bryant
25 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Content Marketing tools for different languages?

Are there any content marketing tools like BuzzSumo languages other than English? I am a consultant and my clients' sites are usually either in Spanish, French or Russian.All current content...

asked Feb 25 '14 at 11:42
Blank
William Vancleave
45 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Best way to hire freelance journalists to write blog posts cost effectively?

Where is the best place to get freelance journalists to write high quality blog posts on my niche (mobile apps)? Some of the sites I looked at are either too expensive per post or it doesn't seem...

asked Feb 17 '14 at 21:34
Blank
Steven Cox
11 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
What are some LinkedIn content marketing strategies?

We're starting a blog that will appeal to small businesses. So LinkedIn as a marketing channel is a no brainer. The question is: How can we best promote our content on LinkedIn? What sort of...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 17:31
Blank
Tylar Michaelson
41 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What's a basic "I'm not responsible for anything" legal policy?

I'm beginning to put out lightweight online communities pretty quickly -- about 1 every week! Many of these communities are oriented toward social change, and aim to provide the necessary...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 06:42
Blank
Themirror
130 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.9K Views
A content website MVP?

I'm considering a startup which at its core is a content website; however I'd like to validate the idea before I invest too much of my time into it. That being said I'm not completely sure how I...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 12:43
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Does open content affect the licensing of closed software that uses it

Does content licensed under open licenses such as the Creative Commons Share-Alike or the GNU free documentation license affect in anyway software that uses such open content. The core issue is:...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 15:51
Blank
Basel Shishani
106 points