Content Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
How to write a ton of content on a limited budget?

We have a unique problem we're trying to solve: we need to write 15K pages of content on a specific niche and don't have enough of a budget to hire writers on sites like ODesk and TextBroker.The...

asked Jul 5 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Thomas Hunt
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Is this a good idea: a site that ousts bad business practices?

There are a lot of companies whose bad business practices get ousted but don't reach mainstream press. And consumers are the ones that get the short end of the stick.Would it be a good idea to...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 01:29
Blank
Fletcher Bolt
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
How to deal with user backlash when adding ads to your content site?

I have a private forum which has grown over the years to now have 10K registered members.I recently added Google AdSense ads to all the forum pages. The ad appears after the first post.How do you...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 17:14
Blank
Richard Baldwin
12 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.49K Views
Content marketing while still maintaining editorial quality: is it possible?

The web is full of blogs creating link bait articles (list posts, etc) that do get a lot of backlinks and mentions on social media.Unfortunately, most of these articles aren't Pulitzer material...

asked Jul 23 '14 at 13:28
Blank
Neil Fernandez
17 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.02K Views
How do classified ad sites get their initial content?

I've seen "new" classified ad sites have a bunch of listings when they launch. It looks like lots of ads has been posted already although the website was just launched.Same is true with dating...

asked Jun 2 '15 at 05:13
Blank
Michelle
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Tools to curate and share articles with your audience?

What's the best way to share a daily/weekly curated list of great content you've found with your audience?The only thing I currently do is create "Top posts this week" type of blog posts. Which...

asked Apr 19 '14 at 18:28
Blank
Fran Baker
7 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Creating a blog on dog walking. How do I make the content interesting?

I'm completely drawing a blank on what type of content to write for a blog on dog walking. It's a topic that is hard to make interesting. Any suggestions?

asked Mar 31 '14 at 00:25
Blank
Deon Griffie
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Best way to hire freelance journalists to write blog posts cost effectively?

Where is the best place to get freelance journalists to write high quality blog posts on my niche (mobile apps)? Some of the sites I looked at are either too expensive per post or it doesn't seem...

asked Feb 17 '14 at 21:34
Blank
Steven Cox
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.92K Views
What's a basic "I'm not responsible for anything" legal policy?

I'm beginning to put out lightweight online communities pretty quickly -- about 1 every week! Many of these communities are oriented toward social change, and aim to provide the necessary...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 06:42
Blank
Themirror
130 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.55K Views
A content website MVP?

I'm considering a startup which at its core is a content website; however I'd like to validate the idea before I invest too much of my time into it. That being said I'm not completely sure how I...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 12:43
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Does open content affect the licensing of closed software that uses it

Does content licensed under open licenses such as the Creative Commons Share-Alike or the GNU free documentation license affect in anyway software that uses such open content. The core issue is:...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 15:51
Blank
Basel Shishani
106 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Is this an ethical use of other peoples' content?

I am planning to create a website that will curate selected posts from around 30 blogs in a specific niche and organize them into a detailed hierarchy that makes it very easy for visitors to access...

asked Jun 26 '12 at 16:23
Blank
Tim Coulter
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
What ideas are better left for non-profit?

I have recently been working on a site which showcases open source projects. My partner and I have discussed business plans (with premium services and whatnot), but finally decided to keep the...

asked May 1 '12 at 06:11
Blank
Lance Lafontaine
190 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.44K Views
how/where to find a content writer for my article based website?

how/where to find a content writer for my article based website? I mean - is there any website which acts as a mediator between me and content writer - a group of them?

asked Oct 29 '11 at 02:48
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
What is the tipping point for user reviews

I have searched the site but did not see any answers addressing the following question on gathering user reviews: Specifically, I have read a number of accounts suggesting that there is some...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 06:25
Blank
D Moore
174 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Does anyone have experience with commissioning regular content?

We would like to produce a regular email newsletter but don't have the time to do all of the content creation ourselves, so we thought of commissioning regular content, and adding a few of our own...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 00:21
Blank
Lrussell
106 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.93K Views
Recruiting Unpaid Content Writers

My marketing team and I are working with a new local online newspaper to build a SEO campaign as well as a recruiting campaign to bring in writers. We are pretty well versed on SEO, but I was...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 08:55
Blank
Aac
85 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.34K Views
User generated site responsibility

Who is responsible for content posted by a user on the Web? The site owner or users themselves? For example, who is guilty if one person insults somebody else using his blog or talk-back? The...

asked May 12 '11 at 01:10
Blank
Alex R
111 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
How to pay content creators

I am developing an iOS app that provides educational content, created by professionals (teachers, professors, etc). New content will be added continuously. The number of content editors is limited...

asked Mar 14 '11 at 18:24
Blank
Drstupid
123 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.75K Views
Should I have my own content before opening content-repository website?

So I want to open my brand new dictionary site (for example, of course there is wiktionary), where words should be added by users. Should I fill my database a little before going public, even if it...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 17:52
Blank
Daniel Excinsky
148 points