Research Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
How to determine "market size" when researching ideas or creating a pitch deck?

How does one determine the "market size" for a business opportunity. Lets presume I'm selling mugs. How do I figure out what the market size for mugs is?

asked Jun 4 '14 at 15:55
Blank
Dolores Jensen
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
Who would I sell factoring (accounts receivable selling) leads to?

If business owners filled out a form on my website indicating they would like to talk to someone about factoring and they have given me the permission to relay this information to interested...

asked Feb 25 '10 at 03:49
Blank
Dog On
308 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Using Adwords for research

Sometimes, including on this forum, I read advice to use Adwords for market research. Looks simple: find a few terms that describe your product idea, see how many people are searching for it, put...

asked Nov 7 '12 at 19:35
Blank
Sergei Veinberg
429 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
Need a service but I don't know much about it

As a decision maker in my startup I want to be better informed when contracting someone for a service, especially. Years ago I was led to believe anyone with a computer and good eye could easily...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 09:05
Blank
Robert Carr
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Crowdsource Market Research

I have an idea for a business and would like to test the brand name. The business will be related to Crowdfunding and to that aim i would like crowd involvement in every aspect of the business...

asked Oct 23 '12 at 21:09
Blank
Mark Regan
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.71K Views
Where to find whole seller for main component of product?

I'm still at the idea stage. The product's main component is a towel. I imagine buying a bunch of towels at walmart or some other retail is not the way to go. Too expensive and probably will...

asked Jul 8 '12 at 05:44
Blank
4th Space
125 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
research resources for starting a sports team/franchise

I'm thinking of starting up a minor sports team in the world of e-sports and I'd like to model it after the more well-known models in hockey and football. I've tried going to the official websites...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 06:39
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
What do I need to know about storing people's money in accounts for my website

I am developing a website where users will be able to transfer money to their account on the website. They'll eventually be spending some money and withdrawing money back into their accounts...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 14:28
Blank
Jon F
144 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
How do you get data on prices and deal offers from local merchants?

What the best way and economical to get updates about the prices and offers from local dealers? I want to cover 58 areas local dealers/retailers from my city.

asked Sep 15 '11 at 02:11
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
How do you get immediate information about a product launch announcement?

How to be one of the first few to get the information of any product launch announcement? How does the release or launch of any upcoming product or service get into the news?

asked Sep 13 '11 at 22:43
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Calculating a company's market share without data?

I am working on a start-up, about a software programme, in the Augmented Reality industry and I have no clue about the number of sales of competitors or about their overall profit, so that I can...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 20:16
Blank
Nosuic
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
What are key difference in the way SMEs and big companies buy IT solutions?

I am looking for reports/articles/research on how SMEs and big companies differ in their approach for finding and buying IT solutions. I would expect that ROI and the cost of the ownership play...

asked Jul 3 '11 at 21:50
Blank
Skarab
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
What venture capital firms have a track record of backing law related websites?

My assumption, which I am perfectly willing to have challenged, is that these VC's would understand the industry and grasp pretty quickly the significance and value of what it is I'm trying to do....

asked Jun 27 '11 at 03:06
Blank
Nat Colley
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.83K Views

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Do research firms benefit startups?

If a startup sells into IT departments, is it beneficial for that startup to enter into a relationship with IT research and advisory firms like Forrester, Gartner, etc.? Do these firms bring...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 06:36
Blank
Matt
16 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
An idea to implement R&D in a software services startup

I have seen that working in a fledgling software services firm as a programmer entails a lot (in fact, all) of the time being spent working on meeting client specs and requirements on their...

asked Oct 21 '10 at 03:54
Blank
Fenderplayer
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
Sources of industry and benchmark information (free or inexpensive)

What are some of the best free (or almost free) sources of updated and historical industry data, analysis, and comparative benchmark information? For example: Restaruant industry average food and...

asked Aug 4 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Smart1 Cpa
171 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
In the beginning.. What tools and techniques did you use to identify the market you are targeting, estimated size and who is in it?

I’ve used the following tools to get an estimate but still feel like I’m just polishing instead of verifying. So would love to hear how others have done it. Google’s key word tool for traffic...

asked Jun 16 '10 at 01:45
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.5K Views
To Build or To Mockup?

I have a desire to build a software package in a niche area that already has some established competing products. I believe my Feature Set and ease of use could propel me well in the market. Most...

asked Feb 1 '10 at 16:15
Blank
Aaron
124 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.22K Views
Restaurant Market Sizes

I understand the restaurant market decently. $500 billion covers every food service location in the country, with about $180 billion of that covering full-service restaurants. Those full-service...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 07:49
Blank
Josh Sam Bob
1,578 points