Resellers Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Should we be turning down software resellers?

We get emailed nearly daily from various software reselling companies around the world. They generally enquire as to the cost of 1 - 5 units of our software, and we generally turn down these...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 22:31
Blank
Tom
480 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.71K Views
Where to find whole seller for main component of product?

I'm still at the idea stage. The product's main component is a towel. I imagine buying a bunch of towels at walmart or some other retail is not the way to go. Too expensive and probably will...

asked Jul 8 '12 at 05:44
Blank
4th Space
125 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
How can I find a company to promote and sell my web-app for a percentage?

Let's say I have a startup web-app (e.g. ticketing system) ready to go live. I am planning to sell a monthly membership. I don't want to market/promote it, so I'd like to find a company to do that...

asked May 30 '12 at 00:15
Blank
Tasmaniski
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Incorporate C corp in US for a purpose of distribution / reseller

My company in Hong Kong is selling handphone accessories. We also have an online store. Because we have increasing customers in US, we are thinking to incorporate a company in US. This is to...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 14:12
Blank
Paul12
18 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Reselling software products

I have a fairly new startup in the UK and have identified a need to resell certain commercial software products to my customers as part of bespoke solutions. Does anybody know if there's anything...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 17:19
Blank
Neil
125 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
What would be the drawbacks of this OEM model?

It is time for you to play the devils advocate. We have created some software, which is conceptually similar to Excel, in that it is multipurpose and useful in a multitude of domains. Let's say...

asked May 28 '11 at 20:49
Blank
David
1,567 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.79K Views
How should I price our SaaS for resellers?

Our product is a platform for organizing health related games. Our customers are corporate wellness coordinators, and the games are played in the context of their company. One of our strategies is...

asked May 8 '11 at 22:08
Blank
Ryan B
86 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.88K Views
What is the best way to approach a potential reseller?

I have a list of companies I want to approach, but I'm not sure what to say when I call them, or who I should be contacting within the company. Any ideas? I am in the software business.

asked Nov 25 '10 at 07:30
Blank
Stacey
484 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.38K Views
Where/How do I find resellers for my content writing services?

Amongst my many ventures I run a new, small and unregistered content writing company. I have developed a decent working model with 15 employees. I am inexperienced in "for-profit" field. I am...

asked Nov 9 '10 at 14:10
Blank
Prateek Mishra
137 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
Should startups have a channel?

I am running sales/marketing for a small software company (6 employees) and we are selling direct, for the most part. We now have been contacted by a few companies who want to distribute our...

asked Nov 3 '10 at 03:37
Blank
Danny
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
How do I structure a reseller program for my webapp?

I have been recently approached by someone, who wants to be a reseller for my webapp, blogVault. One of the things he mentioned was that, he wanted to co-brand it, so that he can mark up and charge...

asked Aug 28 '10 at 16:44
Blank
User3348
175 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
How can I make sure that my resellers don't chase after the same prospect

How can I ensure that my reseller and I are not talking or going after the same customer. This has already happened on a few occasions where we get to a meeting and they tell us that they are...

asked Sep 11 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Danny
113 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
3.4K Views
Are affiliate programs worth it?

I've heard both sides to this argument. Joel Spolsky said in another question that it was a complete waste of their time at FogCreek, but I've heard success stories as well. For example the Thesis...

asked Dec 6 '09 at 07:05
Blank
Jason
16,231 points