Leads Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.57K Views
Getting projects for a software development company

We have formed our company (that is, incorporation is in progress) this November (2012). Our company focuses on IT service management (ITSM) solutions and have very skilled professionals in the...

asked Nov 21 '12 at 00:19
Blank
Rajagopal S
11 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.71K Views
How to start getting B2B leads/clients?

What is a good way to start drumming up business for B2B? I've thought of a few ways such as joining the local chamber of commerce for the city i'm targeting (with the intent of getting to know the...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 08:04
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
How to deal with competitors who are constantly slashing their prices?

I recently noticed that one of our competitors has been very aggressive in slashing their product prices. Although our costs are relatively low I am not much of a fan in reducing our product prices...

asked Jan 29 '13 at 15:16
Blank
Bernie
23 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
10K Views
How to find leads for outsourced software development projects?

We are a team of Ruby on Rails professionals skilled to create good web applications. What we are lacking is the marketing side of the business and we are looking to talk to people/companies who...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 05:35
Blank
User
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
other modes of revenue to flourish

There are more than 30000 page views per month to this site. Does anyone know how to generate revenue from it other than the 3rd party ads? Please suggest other ways to generate revenue. My site...

asked Aug 13 '13 at 21:23
Blank
Masterbinoy
41 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
What to do with leads on Linked IN?

We generated several leads on Linked IN through the ad campaign of our API. Verified that those are not bots. What should be the next step?

asked Apr 30 '13 at 06:56
Blank
Max81
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Rules and laws on sharing/using customer emails

I'm wondering if there are any specific regulations and laws regarding the use of customer email addresses for companies (more specifically in my case, CA-based corporations). For example, say I...

asked Dec 13 '12 at 20:34
Blank
Glitch
156 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Telephone calls to leads outside of the US?

I recently began calling up people who fill out the lead capture form on my website (name, email, phone). I'm based in the US, and calling US numbers is no problem. But my product is available...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 04:59
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.89K Views
Why is it necessary for online marketing to be mobile-friendly?

Can online marketing still survive even if it isn't mobile-friendly? What advantages can it give to online marketing?

asked Oct 26 '12 at 17:04
Blank
Lorie Lewis
11 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.83K Views
How can I improve my enterprise sales?

I have a SaaS product that helps certain type of companies improve their sales leads. My target audience is VP or Director of Sales - anybody within the company whose job is to increase sales. So...

asked May 11 '12 at 02:28
Blank
Salmon
970 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Got a steady flow of Subscribers. Now how do I keep the ball rolling?

I've pre-launched my start-up two days ago. After being featured on a few sites, we now have a good influx of subscribers. Now I know an inevitable slow down subscribers will happen if I don't act...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 09:39
Blank
User744319
94 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
What info to collect from site visitors for lead generation?

My website provides a lot of educational material on accounting (for free) and attracts a fair amount of visitors. There is also a subscription which gives customers a more robust e-learning...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 10:16
Blank
Vasiliy
323 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Lead Generation as a Business partner.

A bit of background…. I have worked for IT consulting firms (B2B) for the past 8 years. More recently with Firms that are business a partners with major vendors. I have held just about every...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 22:51
Blank
Morons
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Nurturing new "almost" clients? How persistent to be? Sales / Account Management Course?

I've been working as a freelance developer for 10 years or so now, taking on projects and resourcing them with myself and other developers. All has been fine, but over the last 6 months I've been...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 19:58
Blank
Ludo
108 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Is looking for a leads person out of the blue really sensible?

I hear startup wannabees talk about how they want to find a leads generator who will find companies and set up meetings. To me that seems too good to be true, like trying to find an Angel/VC who...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 21:30
Blank
John
173 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Sales quoting - what tools do you use to generate and manage quotes, and how much time do you spend?

I am curious what tools people are using out there to generate and manage their sales quotes. I would like to better understand the market for our online quoting system. Where do most of your...

asked May 30 '11 at 11:26
Blank
Mike
252 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Business Mailing List Generation

We have been approached by a service offering to construct a mailing campaign. According to them they're able to find practically all relevant businesses in a given town, verify the addresses and...

asked May 6 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Garet Claborn
324 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5K Views
Is this teired commission schedule for referrals fair?

I'm an independent software consultant who is looking for referrals. I've paid for referrals before and have noticed that sometimes I was happy with the price and sometimes I was not. For example,...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 06:39
Blank
Timid Developer
30 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
What is a fair amount to pay for consulting referrals?

I'm an independent software consultant who is looking for referrals. I've come to the conclusion that perhaps I should pay for them and earlier today posted this question about a teired commision...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 13:46
Blank
Timid Developer
30 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
Doing demos for unqualified leads

I get a lot of leads and I only want to do demos for qualified people. By qualified, they have to have access to $100k or more in capital. Before, I was putting them in our sandbox (software),...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 06:47
Blank
Sparagi
346 points