Clients Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.38K Views
Dealing with clients that start consulting project later than scheduled?

I sometimes provide on-site ruby on rails consulting that clients book in advance.How do I deal with clients that commit to a time slot and when that time comes, they want to reschedule it for a...

asked Mar 12 '14 at 23:37
Blank
Marjorie Cowie
30 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.48K Views
Social media freelancers: how do you manage all your clients?

What tools do you use to manage multiple clients? At the moment, since I am just starting out, I either just store all credentials in an excel file and login to each social account manually... or...

asked Jun 11 '14 at 15:58
Blank
Owen Stowers
2 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to find enterprise clients for our product?

I am building a B2B SaaS application that I would like to primarily sell to enterprise clients. I'm primarily a "hacker" and very little knowledge of how the sales process works. How can I go about...

asked Jun 6 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Roberto Bunch
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to establish a network when just starting out in a service-based business?

I am venturing to start a consulting firm that does social media marketing and content creation. Starting with nothing except my knowledge about the field, how do I create a network and establish...

1 Votes
0 Answers
What is your retention strategy to keep existing customers and minimize churn?

What works best for you in order to minimize churn and keep existing clients from choosing another solution?We currently try to survey all customers once a month and then try to fix the problems...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 22:27
Blank
David Rodgers
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Outreach to potential customers in order to pitch consulting services?

I'm just getting started with a consulting business and don't have any clients or personal network I can tap into to get the ball rolling.Is it ok to cold-reach potential customers that fit my...

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.3K Views
How to approach potential clients?

Basically I’m looking to create a mobile app where people can book last minute spa treatments/breaks on their phone. What I want to know is how do I get the spa companies to be on board with this...

asked Nov 22 '14 at 09:21
Blank
Karen George
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.59K Views
Burnt-out startup founder: How can I find freelance clients?

I have been doing startups for the last 6 years and have had mostly failures, and a single success. I was able to sell the one startup that succeeded for about a year's salary that I would get...

asked Jun 15 '15 at 15:58
Blank
George Kopp
12 points

-1 Votes
0 Answers
1.13K Views
How to get projects for startup software company?

I am planning to start a software company. How do I get projects?

asked Jun 16 '15 at 10:28
Blank
Reddy
-4 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Using open source projects to get more clients?

We are a new development consulting shop and figuring out how to get new clients. There is a lot of blog posts and talk about contributing to open source and it attracts potential clients.Has...

asked Jun 1 '14 at 15:25
Blank
Bette Miller
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Consulting firms: should you NOT target startups as clients?

Should web development consulting firms try to avoid targeting startups as clients? One of the key issues with startups is funding (most don't have any) and the ones that have raised a small seed,...

asked May 30 '14 at 13:14
Blank
Arthur Baxter
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Sourcing clients for new consultancy?

From your personal experience, what has been the best way to get clients for your consulting business? Here is what I have brainstormed till now, but can't do everything: Sites like Freelancer and...

asked May 27 '14 at 18:29
Blank
Robert Mc Lain
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Strategies to "cold email" prospective clients?

I run a small mobile app consulting shop and filling the pipeline has become very hard. Even though the media talks about a shortage of good app developers and a high demand, I'm having a tough...

asked May 19 '14 at 20:26
Blank
Jonathan Pulley
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.09K Views
How to find your first consulting clients?

If you don't have a network which you can get referrals from, how do you find your first consulting clients for a one-person development firm?

asked May 12 '14 at 17:55
Blank
Robert Sheehan
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Best ways to create value in service based businesses?

I provide design and UX consulting for startups. What are some ways to provide value so that the clients keep coming back with more business?My work is of high quality -- I'm looking for secondary...

asked Apr 28 '14 at 14:27
Blank

-2 Votes
0 Answers
How can I find customer or clients?

How to find customer or clients. We are already doing SEO and Content Optimization. But wanted to know other ways to engage with businesses.

asked Apr 14 '14 at 09:42
Blank
Mitul Patel
-9 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Attracting non-profits to use our SaaS app?

We're planning to launch our app and want to give it away for free to non-profits so that: We're giving something back to the world. We could potentially get paid clients through them via word of...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 11:21
Blank
Claire Riggio
40 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How many clients have you gotten off social media for your consulting business?

I do social media consulting on the side and most of my clients come from networking face to face at events.I'm wondering how many people do other consultants get right off of the social networks...

asked Mar 11 '14 at 21:11
Blank
John Knipe
25 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Getting web design clients without prior experience or portfolio?

I just began consulting on the side as a UI/UX designer so don't have a portfolio of clients. The only thing I can put in there is work I've done while being employed for a company full time.How...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 23:32
Blank
Murray Favela
55 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
SaaS sales without sales people. How can just two hackers do it?

My co-founder and I are creating a SaaS product similar to Basecamp with our own funds. We don't have the resources to hire anyone to do sales right now. When we launch, what are some unique...

asked Feb 8 '14 at 21:00
Blank
Araki
6 points