Growth Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
Which CRM for a SAAS company?

We're struggling to find a CRM suitable for ourselves, a SAAS company. When customers sign up for trials, we want to be able to keep a record of their progress with prompts to call or email them...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Igor K
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.05K Views
Affiliate network for just SaaS applications?

Is there an affiliate network like CJ or LinkShare, but just for SaaS applications?There are only a handful of SaaS startups utilizing affiliate marketing as a way to grow their customer base.After...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:10
Blank
Robert Schaffer
21 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Do startups that are suddenly have massive growth try to recover equity given to employees?

Lets take Uber as an example. It's going gang-busters and most of the employees are likely holding onto equity worth millions.For employees that still have a cliff that isn't finished (they have...

asked Jul 21 '14 at 19:25
Blank
Ronald Solari
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.74K Views
How to grow a small IT company?

I have been running a small startup company for more than a year. I have a low budget and can't afford high end developers and a large team.The company has had both good and bad times. Our primary...

asked Jul 21 '14 at 23:22
Blank
Afnan Bashir
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
What growth hacks did Etsy use to get their initial sellers?

How does a listing site like Etsy get it's first sellers (the people who are selling their artisanal items)?I'm building a site that has a similar concept, but in a different niche. The hardest...

asked May 25 '15 at 14:57
Blank
Kimberly Slade
7 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
10.5K Views
Best way to use $5,000 budget to grow my startup?

With the $5K that I have to work with, what is the best way I can utilize it to grow my SaaS app? The items should be measurable (so... magazine ads it out :) My app is an email marketing...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 16:04
Blank
Leigh Geyer
38 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.6K Views
Bootstrapping: should you pay yourself a salary or reinvest all profits back into the business?

Lets say you are bootstrapping your startup and generating a little revenue. Should you use that revenue to first pay yourself a salary or should all of the profits be re-invested back to fuel growth?

asked May 21 '14 at 16:42
Blank
David Thornhill
17 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What is Amazon's strategy for continued growth?

With the size and market share that Amazon already size, their growth rate is getting smaller and smaller.What could Amazon.com's potential strategy be to continue growing their empire?

asked Apr 19 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Anh Martin
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.99K Views
What should a SaaS startup's target growth rate be for the first 2 years?

From researching tens of SaaS companies that have or are soon going public, it seems that the growth rate averages down to 100% YOY from the third year onwards. What should the target growth be...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Mildred Schell
65 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.24K Views
How does a social community like Instagram start from 0 to 1K to 10K to 100K users?

What are some strategies did apps like Instagram and SnapChat use when they were completely empty upon launch? How did they grow their initial communities?

asked Mar 20 '14 at 11:26
Blank
Orlando Osborne
30 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Twitter marketing tactics for mobile apps?

What are some strategies for promoting your mobile app using Twitter?We require new users sign up with either Facebook or Twitter. For users that signup with Twitter, we have access to their...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 00:07
Blank
Lauren Tharp
10 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
1.13K Views
My self-funded startup has nice cash flow... best way to put that money to work?

I have a small network of niche content sites and they are generate a good amount of revenue from Adsense. There is very little I can spend the money on grow the business because of the niche in...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 11:34
Blank
Ronald Kiser
60 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Web versions of the movie theatre popcorn trick?

You know popcorn at the movies is priced absurdly high and yet we all still buy it because, well, we're there and there isn't another option.What are some online versions of this trick to use in...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 13:54
Blank
Diana Bryant
25 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Which tasks should you begin to delegate as a founder when your startup starts growing?

When your startup begins to grow, what things should you start to delegate? And what things should I continue to do / monitor myself? We make mobile apps and some of them are starting to get a...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 01:03
Blank
Steven Cox
11 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to find a "Sean Parker" for your startup?

Sean Parker had a tremendous role in growing Facebook to what it is today. How can other startups hookup with an industry leader that could help them grow in exchange for equity?Are entrepreneurs...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 13:55
Blank
Grace Ivey
45 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Advantages of raising VC money for a company that doesn't need it?

Are there any benefit for a company to raise money from investors even if they're profitable and can sustain on their own?Growth could be one, but if you're profitable, can't you just use your cash...

asked Feb 13 '14 at 21:21
Blank
Shawnna
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Place to pick for my startup: San Francisco, New York, Austin, or Boston?

I'm a recent graduate with a startup that might be attending YCombinator. Where would you say is the best place to base your startup? If everything works out with YC, I'd likely move to one of...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 09:13
Blank
Tylar Michaelson
41 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
How to grow without dying?

Here is my dilemma. I have a company with a great reputation for specific dev work. This work is pretty much done by me, understood by me, and relies heavily on my skills and experience. We do...

asked Aug 15 '13 at 01:25
Blank
Daniel Williams
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.73K Views
How to convert weekly growth rate to annual growth rate

Our startup had projected a weekly growth rate of 10%, for the sake of future financial estimations/projections, how can we calculate annual/semi-annual/quarter growth rate? I've already searched...

asked Jul 25 '13 at 09:03
Blank
Omranic
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
about launching concurrent projects

yes, I have a couple of them that I do not want to give up any. Supposing they all got very positive feedback from very initial surveys, I would like to request your views on the possibility of...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 01:07
Blank
Menesa
6 points