Growth Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
6.04K Views
Affiliate network for just SaaS applications?

Is there an affiliate network like CJ or LinkShare, but just for SaaS applications?There are only a handful of SaaS startups utilizing affiliate marketing as a way to grow their customer base.After...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:10
Blank
Robert Schaffer
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.06K Views
Which CRM for a SAAS company?

We're struggling to find a CRM suitable for ourselves, a SAAS company. When customers sign up for trials, we want to be able to keep a record of their progress with prompts to call or email them...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 19:46
Blank
Igor K
106 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
15.1K Views
Best way to use $5,000 budget to grow my startup?

With the $5K that I have to work with, what is the best way I can utilize it to grow my SaaS app? The items should be measurable (so... magazine ads it out :) My app is an email marketing...

asked Feb 10 '14 at 16:04
Blank
Leigh Geyer
38 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.57K Views
Bootstrapping: should you pay yourself a salary or reinvest all profits back into the business?

Lets say you are bootstrapping your startup and generating a little revenue. Should you use that revenue to first pay yourself a salary or should all of the profits be re-invested back to fuel growth?

asked May 21 '14 at 16:42
Blank
David Thornhill
17 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
What is Amazon's strategy for continued growth?

With the size and market share that Amazon already size, their growth rate is getting smaller and smaller.What could Amazon.com's potential strategy be to continue growing their empire?

asked Apr 19 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Anh Martin
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
7.3K Views
What should a SaaS startup's target growth rate be for the first 2 years?

From researching tens of SaaS companies that have or are soon going public, it seems that the growth rate averages down to 100% YOY from the third year onwards. What should the target growth be...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 14:42
Blank
Mildred Schell
65 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.4K Views
How does a social community like Instagram start from 0 to 1K to 10K to 100K users?

What are some strategies did apps like Instagram and SnapChat use when they were completely empty upon launch? How did they grow their initial communities?

asked Mar 20 '14 at 11:26
Blank
Orlando Osborne
30 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.02K Views
My self-funded startup has nice cash flow... best way to put that money to work?

I have a small network of niche content sites and they are generate a good amount of revenue from Adsense. There is very little I can spend the money on grow the business because of the niche in...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 11:34
Blank
Ronald Kiser
60 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Which tasks should you begin to delegate as a founder when your startup starts growing?

When your startup begins to grow, what things should you start to delegate? And what things should I continue to do / monitor myself? We make mobile apps and some of them are starting to get a...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 01:03
Blank
Steven Cox
11 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
How to grow without dying?

Here is my dilemma. I have a company with a great reputation for specific dev work. This work is pretty much done by me, understood by me, and relies heavily on my skills and experience. We do...

asked Aug 15 '13 at 01:25
Blank
Daniel Williams
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
about launching concurrent projects

yes, I have a couple of them that I do not want to give up any. Supposing they all got very positive feedback from very initial surveys, I would like to request your views on the possibility of...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 01:07
Blank
Menesa
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
What is a good model to use to estimate membership growth over time for a dance video tutorial website?

I plan to make a website that has video tutorials for a specific style of dance (lets say like swing or salsa). I used: Google AdWord Keyword Tool and typed in "online dance classes" and...

asked Apr 15 '13 at 07:08
Blank
Ezperenza3410
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.22K Views
as a new company how do you answer: how big is your company?

We are a relatively new and small software company, 3 years in business with 8 employees. We have been approached by a very large multinational company wanting to use our software - one of the key...

asked Mar 2 '13 at 11:54
Blank
Slee
106 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
I've just lost my business mind, can't think straight!

Business hasn't been great lately, I've been riddled with problems of my service losing demand, employees not seeing a future and am unable to get new services launched in time because of...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 03:57
Blank
Raj
16 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
how does an existing company roll in new revenue models into existing ones?

I've got a consulting business built around my personal skills and offerings. I've picked up a few sales people to help increase work volume (currently part-time outside of a day-job). The company...

asked Jan 26 '12 at 07:23
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
Revenue / user growth projection for UGC-social-startup business plan

I have to write a business plan and I'm stuck on the revenue and business projection part. We're building a platform that is all about user-generated-content concerning a certain topic. It also...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 11:38
Blank
Beorex
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
How do you make people to spend more time on a political website

I'm part of a political website which publish analyses, news and interviews on a regular basis. It's been almost a year since our foundation, and even though our visitor count raises we still...

asked Dec 5 '11 at 13:07
Blank
Elran
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Build the team of a start up software business working on contract projects?

What is a popular way to build the team of a start up software business that takes on contract work from other companies? Additional info I founded a small company with a team of web+mobile...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 09:20
Blank
John
170 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
How does a start-up not repeat Groupon's 'mistakes"?

I was reading this article about Groupon in the CS Monitor. Which starts from the assumption that the significantly decreased proposed valuation of Groupon in their IPO to $12+/- million from $25...

asked Oct 24 '11 at 04:31
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Early stage strategies of growing your customer base for online start-up?

I wonder what do you recommend are the best strategies for growth and promotion of your online start-up in the early stages after launch? How do you get your name out there and how do you...

asked Sep 21 '11 at 02:08
Blank
Peter K.
194 points