Affiliate Marketing Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
6.07K Views
Affiliate network for just SaaS applications?

Is there an affiliate network like CJ or LinkShare, but just for SaaS applications?There are only a handful of SaaS startups utilizing affiliate marketing as a way to grow their customer base.After...

asked Jun 5 '14 at 16:10
Blank
Robert Schaffer
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.68K Views
Amazon doesn't allow affiliates in California. Is a virtual address in another state a legal work-around?

Due to the "online tax" law that some states have created, Amazon has removed affiliates residing in those states from their affiliate program.Unfortunately, Amazon accounted for most of our...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Johnnie Barrett
9 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.72K Views
Is SEO dead for thin sites that deal with affiliate marketing?

Google has made it public in their guidelines that too many affiliate links on a site effects it's rankings significantly.Does that mean sites that are completely about affiliate marketing...

asked Apr 12 '14 at 00:40
Blank
Gary Taylor
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
Way around Amazon and other merchant's policy to not work with NY based affiliate marketers due to sales tax law?

Until NY state came up with the internet sales tax law, affiliate marketing was the primary way I generated revenue from my site. Since Amazon and other companies started to stop working with NY...

asked Mar 11 '14 at 23:58
Blank
Joseph Hager
10 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Affiliate marketing on mobile platform? Or will it always remain a smaller share as compared to desktop?

I have a content site whose primary source of revenue is affiliate programs. I have yet to see a user that converted and bought something from a mobile device.Will affiliate marketing always be...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 11:54
Blank
Ruth Quinn
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Creating an affiliate program for my iPhone app. Which action should I consider a conversion?

I have a free iPhone app with in-app purchases. I'd like to create an affiliate program for it to get distribution, but not sure which variable to link as a completed action to pay...

asked Feb 28 '14 at 19:16
Blank
Jerry Phillips
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
How to track how much traffic I'm sending as an affiliate to brands?

I'm not a tech person per se. I have a content site that is monetized with affiliate links. How can I track how much traffic I'm sending to merchants without having to reinvent the wheel?Are there...

asked Feb 27 '14 at 14:09
Blank
Tommy Staples
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Etsy doesn't have an affiliate program. Why do they still have an API?

What's the point of Etsy providing an API when they don't have an affiliate program. No site will be able to monetize traffic sent to them.Or do they do deals on an individual basis with developers...

asked Feb 27 '14 at 22:08
Blank
Rafael Raber
50 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.94K Views
How do companies like VigLink and SkimLinks track which website sent the sale using their single affiliate network accounts?

They all have the same affiliate network accounts but how do they know which website sent the sale through them? I can't seem to figure this out.

asked Feb 20 '14 at 14:28
Blank
Robert
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Challenges facing the Affiliate Marketing segment?

What are some key problems facing affiliate marketing today (both networks and marketers)? Would like to see if there are any challenges that I could help solve by creating a solution.

asked Feb 18 '14 at 21:38
Blank
TimothyLewis
1 point