Planning Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.88K Views
How to negotiate exclusive deals/offers to my site's members?

I would like to have a directory of companies that have exclusive deals/offers to my site's members (based on vouchers and coupons). So, basically I would have to contact companies and ask them if...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 07:32
Blank
Rui
364 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.03K Views
What is the low hanging fruit in driving traffic to a new website?

We are a few weeks away from launching our web app and getting marketing strategy in order.What are the "low hanging fruit" ways to drive traffic to a new website which isn't known or have any...

asked Jul 26 '14 at 02:12
Blank
Fabiola Phillips
12 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.84K Views
Where do you get your product inspiration from?

For founders who already have a product, where do you get inspiration for new features and improvements to your app?The only thing I've always done is look at competitors and decide which of their...

asked Apr 20 '15 at 14:26
Blank
Matthew Bryant
19 points

28 Votes
6 Answers
14.3K Views
Ideal office space layout - open or offices?

I have worked in a variety of environments wanted to share my opinions and see what others thought on the subject of ideal office space layout. Once our lease is up (in a few years) I am thinking...

asked Nov 7 '09 at 10:19
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.13K Views
Point of Sale Solutions for a tech savy company

I am in the process of opening a retail establishment. I am personally developing a phone app and website which will interface with a mysql database to display certain relevant information about...

asked Dec 7 '13 at 18:14
Blank
Plattnum
26 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Is it bad to juggle small projects from time to time?

Coming up with ideas for entrepreneurs isn't really a problem. Execution on the other hand, as I have experienced, is by far the hardest thing to keep on top with, especially if you have to keep...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 13:11
Blank
Janharold
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Do startups generally have a specific road map in place?

This question may not belong here, for that I apologize in advance. I work with my father at his small company that he started. About 5 years ago is when he moved into his first physical location....

asked Dec 7 '12 at 06:49
Blank
Tbowman
217 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
I've just lost my business mind, can't think straight!

Business hasn't been great lately, I've been riddled with problems of my service losing demand, employees not seeing a future and am unable to get new services launched in time because of...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 03:57
Blank
Raj
16 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.72K Views
deciding on priorities for new features

we released a very limited version of our product but it misses lots of functionality. Our income will be based on retailers and there are certain functionality they will be looking for. And of...

asked Mar 7 '12 at 08:30
Blank
Altuure
103 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.3K Views
Startup Financial Plan

I need to prepare a financial/cashflow/budget plan for my startup. Can anyone offer suggestions about what items I should include or exclude? Are there any 'templates' available for preparing this...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 18:32
Blank
Ben Cornwell
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Is it a good idea to launch a start up without a marketing plan?

My friend and I have invested $40-$50 k in a website we are launching in April. We have full time jobs but put all our savings into this project. We are done with the development phase and are...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 04:55
Blank
Raj
24 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
LAN Party : How should I pitch for Sponsorship to big businesses?

We're a LAN Party organizing start-up in India and have organized a few tournaments at the local level before. Now as we plan to move to the next level, i.e., national, we wish to pitch to the...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 07:10
Blank
Ikartik90
108 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Role of Business Partner While Developer is Developing

So... in a startup... im the techie/developer of the business, my partner is the business side. While, I'm developing this elaborate application... what should he be doing? What do business people...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 10:52
Blank
Meow
56 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
When someone should focus on local market or go for the big catch?

Hello there is an old saying that says "you should better be first in your village rather second( or thirth or fourth) in your town". My question is something that a lot of people think (maybe...

asked Sep 10 '11 at 03:46
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
Major expenses of a web-based startup?

I have an idea of a social web-app and am seriously consider to have my own startup on that. So I would like to ask, what are the major expenses of running a web-site? Specifically, what are the...

asked Aug 16 '11 at 01:32
Blank
Im Chc
38 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
6.35K Views
Where do I find company information for revenue projections?

I'd like to get the information for Groupon or another web 2.0 company to see their revenue, subscriber, traffic, etc. curves for our business plan financial projections. They are a close model to...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 03:04
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Recruit Managers before Junior Execs or other way around?

Have been running a business for a couple of years now but been managing most of the areas of the business myself - web development and marketing - while I have staff who take care of customer...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 01:00
Blank
Sam
43 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.77K Views
What is the thing that all new startups neglect the most?

There are lots of business books and fields of study that provide advise on starting a new business. They do however seem to be a bit theoretical or vastly outdated. With this I am interested in...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 19:52
Blank
Salmon
181 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
3.51K Views
Where should I go with just an idea, no capital or product or partners?

I have read the FAQ and hope that I have added enough detail to my question that it will not be considered to vague or open. I have a great idea for a software product that I think could make a...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.55K Views
Head count planning for a growing start up - any processes, books, templates?

As a growing start up, we need to plan for new people in every deparment (some of these are just 1 person, but future departments). So Sales has its plan to double sales this year; meanwhile other...

asked Jun 1 '11 at 07:51
Blank
Paroon Chadha
61 points