Planning Questions

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.61K Views
Where to start with Marketing? Need better Internet reach

My company is in a niche with over 11 million potential customers, yet we have a little less than 100k customers currently. Given that we currently spend $0.00 in marketing (we focused on...

asked May 19 '11 at 10:34
Blank
John
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Which Delaware LLC package should I purchase?

If I am planning on starting an internet based LLC, which package should I purchase? Economy, Basic, or the Complete...

asked Apr 30 '11 at 02:12
Blank
Andy
81 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Shopping list of tools and services for new startup

I'm looking for good-value, top-class applications and tools to support a new software startup. What recommendations do you have in the following categories? Domain name / hosting / website /...

asked May 1 '11 at 06:03
Blank
Paperjam
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
online marketing compared

i'm with a startup looking to intensify online marketing. we want to sell a physical product over the web and are trying to figure out how to invest our time and money in online marketing. we've...

asked May 2 '11 at 01:50
Blank
B20000
126 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.77K Views
Does absence of competition put you off?

We're bootstrapping our latest business idea. Everything I've done has been boostrapped. This will be a complete stop and change direction (so could be a total distraction for a month while we...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 23:26
Blank
Matt
2,552 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
Determining Feasability of Information Product

Having just been recently laid off, I would like to give some attention to an idea that's been incubating in my mind for a while for an information-based product. This is similar to the model of...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 13:40
Blank
Ashes999
128 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.23K Views
What are the most important personal qualities to start up and succeed in new business

I am a developer, and I've launched and failed once before some time back. I am still analyzing all the reasons our start up didn't take off (we were 4 developers). I wanted to learn from the...

asked Mar 26 '11 at 10:26
Blank
Sanjeevakumar Hiremath
108 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Are there any good conference/event planning services?

does anyone know any good services that can help to plan and manage conferences and other type of events? Especially twitter/facebook oriented. I had to organize a small con recently, and couldn't...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 23:35
Blank
Riz
8 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.79K Views
How do you produce an accurate financial forecast if you have no operating history?

Our company has been asked to produce a financial forecast. Normally you would use data from similar businesses in the same industry. But, how can we do this when our business model is different...

asked Mar 10 '11 at 10:00
Blank
167 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
Online Marketing Budget & Staff

Is there a rule of thumb that can be used for staff planning in terms of how large % of an online marketing budget that should be allocated towards managing the online marketing activities?

asked Feb 24 '11 at 03:27
Blank
Karl Alfredsson
18 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Goal setting for the new year

Many of us here on the site are owners of small businesses or getting a startup up and running. I'm curious to know what goals people are setting for the new year, and whether or not you spend time...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 03:39
Blank
Elie
4,692 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
How do you structure/run your company to ensure you maintain control over the finances?

I've repeatedly heard the advice (from successful business owners) to not give up direct control over the company finances. It seems that enough founders out there have been burned by seemingly...

asked Oct 24 '10 at 08:19
Blank
Chris Hagner
881 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
How do you determine which online marketing tools/applications to use?

So you want to do marketing for your company. You've created a marketing plan and want to implement it. How do you determine which applications/vendors to use? For example, for email marketing and...

asked Sep 26 '10 at 04:11
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
How much sweat equity to financial equity? Different business activities lend to one style easier then the other love your opinions

So bootstrapping is a minimalist approach to financing a business and requires a larger amount of sweat equity compared to the money put in. So when do you find that the sweat part has gone too far...

asked Jun 17 '10 at 00:54
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
3.08K Views
Customer feedback - good or bad?

Interesting post from Mark Cuban titled "why you should NEVER listen to your customer " references an long standing Alan Kay quote "the best way to predict the future is to invent it" Cuban then...

asked Apr 7 '10 at 02:02
Blank
Jim Galley
9,952 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.14K Views
OmniPlan as a hosted app?

I'm a huge fan of OmniPlan for my development planning. It lets me set up my tasks, gantt chart them, measure resources, get a rough idea of how long things are going to take, and it's very...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 11:51
Blank
Sbwoodside
186 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
4.08K Views
What are Advantages and Disadvantages of Pricing Monthly Subscriptions?

I've recently the post on the question: Subscription Pricing Starting Strategy: start high and lower, or start low and raise?, and I also read the articles and comments for: QuickSprout: Customer...

asked Dec 22 '09 at 09:28
Blank
Matt
460 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
System/Advice for LT Goals Yet Allow for Unplanned Opportunities

With the new year approaching, I am working on my 2010 goals and priorities. In the past I used Franklin Planners and Outlook. I also have a Blackberry. I continuously look for ways to help me stay...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 05:03
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points

8 Votes
9 Answers
3.51K Views
Would you go into business with someone without an agreement in place?

Would you go into business with someone who has asked you to come on board and help to get things launched, but has not yet decided how to compensate you, or whether to give you part ownership of...

asked Dec 11 '09 at 17:07
Blank
Jz199
59 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
What's the best process for business planning?

So we're doing really well. Very exciting. Now we can start looking a little further out on our business planning and look for new markets, etc. What's your process for taking an existing product...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 12:00
Blank
Chris
4,214 points