Project Management Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.51K Views
New SAAS product: Adwords or GetApp/FindTheBest type approach for marketing?

I have a new task management app. Born out of frustration that the current models out there are lacking in a bunch of features you would think would be obvious plus I added a new feature which I...

asked May 30 '15 at 02:30
Blank
Paul Moran
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.71K Views
Any experience with Basecamp and FogBugz?

I have been looking for a Project Management system to support collaboration across three partners in two locations for our startup. I'm specifically looking for perspective on the Basecamp and...

asked Jan 18 '10 at 02:30
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

1 Votes
9 Answers
4.02K Views
What communication and project management tools work well for Startup Weekend?

With only 54 hours to build an app that's the basis for a business, a bunch of people who haven't worked together before will be doing a lot of things at once. Communications challenges minimizing...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 02:26
Blank
Jon Pincus
52 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.68K Views
Trying to formalize our contracts and policies regarding software bug fixes for clients

We are a 3-person company that provides custom web application development. One of our clients in particular floods us with random change requests every single day. There is no batching of these...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 11:33
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

9 Votes
5 Answers
2.85K Views
Should we pick a "boss" in a startup with friends?

I recently began working with two longtime friends on a startup, and we are hitting a wall when attempting to progress on anything. We all possess fairly similar skills, so we can each handle any...

asked Apr 25 '13 at 00:16
Blank
Pblock
133 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.85K Views
How to manage developers who are inconsistent (i.e., very hot and cold)

I have worked with several developers who are very "hot and cold" in terms of their motivation. Sometimes they will slack off for weeks on a project and make zero progress, and other times they go...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 09:41
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
2.34K Views
One-person startup over-organized?

I am currently doing everything for my startup, bootstrapping. Coding, design, business, marketing, etc. all by myself. My web startup is not launched yet. I have recently started using Asana to...

asked Feb 16 '13 at 14:15
Blank
Victor
593 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
best practices of managing follow up calls in cold calling?

Best practices of managing follow up calls in cold calling? Actually, I am searching for the best protocols in managing follow up calls.

asked Dec 31 '12 at 05:58
Blank
Anilkumble789
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Determining Limits of a Software Development Team

I'm currently managing 5 member (whom are also my friends) software development team for my startup and instead of looking for an angel investor I decided to finance my own product by my own. And...

asked Dec 31 '12 at 09:06
Blank
Timur Aykut Y?Ld?R?M
121 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
What are techniques to elicit requirements from customers who don't understand their needs?

Question: How do you prevent a situation where you have to produce work-product work first and get client feedback before getting on the right track to meet their needs? Are there techniques to...

asked Oct 18 '12 at 10:34
Blank
Daniel Skowro?Ski
18 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Project manager without strong programming background?

I'm thinking of hiring a project manager to lead the development of few web apps my company is doing. The guy I'm considering has considerable experience in managing projects for a large digital...

asked Jun 28 '12 at 05:00
Blank
Pvukovic
561 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
How to split revenues in software project, how to come up with easy quick agreement for small project

Hi I was wondering how to split the revenues between a team ? what methods are there in project management so that we come up with logical fair percentage for each team member. "if" there...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 00:21
Blank
Ismail Marmoush
116 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
4.13K Views
What kind of project collaboration tools are used in a lean startup

We would like to understand the kind of tools which are used by other startup(s) for maintaining their projects. Project hosting (SVN or Git) - We have finalized on using Git. Email collaboration...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 17:33
Blank
Priya
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Web-based Project Management for me and the clients?

I am developing my website to the membership area part which will enormously help me and my clients communicate through web-based channel, then I come to the dilemma whether should I hand-code...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 01:10
Blank
Modular
39 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Is Survival of a Startup possible on Freelancing through websites?

We are a team of four (and great friends) and have a good product in mind and initial RnD shows great potential (Server based application). But the problem is that we need to spend around 1 and a...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 00:40
Blank
Basit Anwer
103 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
How to Calculate a Quotation and Make a Proposal for Mobile Software

I have received an RFP from a small company to build an Android app. They have asked for a time/cost estimation together with a time chart for the given product specification (which is 25 pages +...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 22:46
Blank
Brown And Friendly
43 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Recruit Managers before Junior Execs or other way around?

Have been running a business for a couple of years now but been managing most of the areas of the business myself - web development and marketing - while I have staff who take care of customer...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 01:00
Blank
Sam
43 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.71K Views
Should I delegate tasks to be done that require knowledge I don't have, or learn it myself?

First off, I'll start by saying I read a few somewhat related posts, but I will still ask my question as my situation is slightly different and may call for different solutions. Anyway, here are...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 03:14
Blank
Drew
1 point

2 Votes
7 Answers
4.82K Views
Open-source, cloud-based project management software options?

I'm looking for a good solution for a cloud-based project management software for startups. I really like 37 Signals "Basecamp", but cannot justify the monthly fee at this moment with all the...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 23:23
Blank
User9968
229 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Web based Project management tool

I am planning on starting a Web based PM business to cater to small manufacturing plants. I know there is a small market for it and I want to use it. What are my best options: Have someone create...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 04:04
Blank
Shyam
1 point