Team Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Who manage the first devs in a small startup?

From your own startups experience, who was the one to manage the first developers hired? Why? And also was it a techy startup and how many founders you had / what their roles at the...

asked Aug 29 '17 at 14:39
Blank
Arnold Aaron
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.43K Views
Should you provide any bonuses to employees whose ideas make a significant contribution to the bottom line?

We're just getting started with scaling our business and one of the things we want to implement is a 4/1 work day. 4 days are spent working, and 1 day is for individual projects (just like Google's...

asked Jun 6 '14 at 15:27
Blank
William Green
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.84K Views
Daily goal tracking for small teams?

How do you manage tracking daily goals for your team?Our team is a distributed (all 4 of us are in different states) so currently just send a group email at the end of each day stating what was...

asked Jul 2 '14 at 19:10
Blank
Edward Haley
7 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
Should I join this guy's startup team?

Background:A guy reached out to me to join his drone company. I have been fascinated with drones for some time now, I bought my own and I have been toying with the idea of a drone business...

asked Aug 15 '14 at 17:45
Blank
JayJay
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
100% remote teams: how do you collaboration?

What tools and strategies do you recommend for 100% remote teams to collaborate? Our team of 6 is spread across the globe. Also, how can you create a company culture in such a case?

asked May 14 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Patty Balderas
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.75K Views
Most important aspects of a team that investors look for?

What are the top factors that investors look for in a team? Do they only look at the team as a whole or do they also require the CEO to have certain credentials or background?

asked May 13 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Aaron Rew
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.29K Views
Best team composition for a new startup?

What type of team composition (# of people, skill sets) would be most ideal? Both in terms of skills needed to execute and to raise money.

asked Mar 16 '14 at 01:00
Blank
Nathanial Norman
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Communication pitfalls and tips for remote teams?

Now that my startup is starting to generate revenue, I'm going to hire a designer, a rails coder, and several SEO people to work remotely. I'll likely start on ODesk and if they are good, move the...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 12:23
Blank
Melissa Gonzales
35 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
Two new "business minded" devs - Do we need a Hustler?

I am working on a hardware-software combo B2B startup in Seattle. We've only been around for 2 weeks on a part-time basis. We are two somewhat experienced software/web devs. Together we secured a...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 14:45
Blank
User2990504
21 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
How to create a process-driven culture?

We have successfully grow our company beyond the startup phase to the expansion phase. now, we're acquiring clients very fast and we need to swiftly and consistently train new members of our...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 00:43
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Laughs at the office vs Seriousness

We have two different spaces in our office. one, in front of our building, contains our call centre, in the back we have our software development team. Our call centre team seems to like a serious...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 23:42
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Is there a certain description for a person who delivers emotional support as well as brings in competence?

Founding my business included a lot of desperation and hard work. Neither do or did I have the social support that was and is necessary to endure tough times. A lot of people recommend working...

asked May 30 '13 at 17:44
Blank
Zurechtweiser
114 points

8 Votes
11 Answers
3.98K Views
Should we add "About -> The Team" when our company is only 5 people?

It's widespread among (mostly web development) non-huge companies to add a page about the team members of their company, like SE's Team page here, where they have separate page for their team, or...

asked May 7 '13 at 10:04
Blank
Tamer Shlash
144 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.85K Views
How to manage developers who are inconsistent (i.e., very hot and cold)

I have worked with several developers who are very "hot and cold" in terms of their motivation. Sometimes they will slack off for weeks on a project and make zero progress, and other times they go...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 09:41
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
Determining Limits of a Software Development Team

I'm currently managing 5 member (whom are also my friends) software development team for my startup and instead of looking for an angel investor I decided to finance my own product by my own. And...

asked Dec 31 '12 at 09:06
Blank
Timur Aykut Y?Ld?R?M
121 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
How to force people state whether they will really contribute/work to a business

I am about creating a spin-off from University. I will quit my job later even. I talked with all my colleagues and they like the idea and support it. My experience with them in academic projects is...

asked Jan 11 '13 at 17:15
Blank
Flow
114 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
How do I pull this team together again?

I'll try to keep this as brief as I can. Recently I have taken up a position within a big agency where I am responsible for an 'innovation cell'. People can voluntarily join this cell and they get...

asked Nov 12 '12 at 21:46
Blank
Maikel
18 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
Amount of time needed to allot to CEO responsibilities

Interesting story. I'm 15 years old. Im planning on launching a start up. Now obviously, there are concerns that I have, not necessarily about the performance of future employees, but my...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 10:27
Blank
soup123
43 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
8.86K Views
Does a visible sales tracking board have a positive effect on the sales team?

We are considering tracking sales in our business and within the company publicly displaying the performance of the team and each member. What are good ways to implement this and is such a...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 22:47
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.82K Views
How to share equity among early investors, CEO and product developers in a technology startup

We are planning for a software startup and following is our setup. There are 4 people who came up with idea. But these people can NOT code and build a product. These 4 people are also going to...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 21:24
Blank
John M
8 points