Team Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
Who manage the first devs in a small startup?

From your own startups experience, who was the one to manage the first developers hired? Why? And also was it a techy startup and how many founders you had / what their roles at the...

asked Aug 29 '17 at 14:39
Blank
Arnold Aaron
1 point

3 Votes
0 Answers
1.87K Views
VCs always say they invest in teams, not ideas. So should the pitch be mostly about the team's experience?

Every VC and funded startup says that venture capitalists invest in the team, not the idea.By that logic, shouldn't your pitch mostly be about the team's experience?Also, How can you highlight your...

asked May 7 '14 at 13:25
Blank
Denise Crabill
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.06K Views
Should you provide any bonuses to employees whose ideas make a significant contribution to the bottom line?

We're just getting started with scaling our business and one of the things we want to implement is a 4/1 work day. 4 days are spent working, and 1 day is for individual projects (just like Google's...

asked Jun 6 '14 at 15:27
Blank
William Green
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Daily goal tracking for small teams?

How do you manage tracking daily goals for your team?Our team is a distributed (all 4 of us are in different states) so currently just send a group email at the end of each day stating what was...

asked Jul 2 '14 at 19:10
Blank
Edward Haley
7 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
What's a reasonable "trial" project for a potential non-technical cofounder?

I have a software product which has been developed to the demo-able stage and I'm currently pitching it to potential customers. It's a B2B product, with a small number of big sales, as opposed to a...

asked Jul 18 '14 at 18:48
Blank
Ben West
111 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
Should I join this guy's startup team?

Background:A guy reached out to me to join his drone company. I have been fascinated with drones for some time now, I bought my own and I have been toying with the idea of a drone business...

asked Aug 15 '14 at 17:45
Blank
JayJay
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
What should I do first? Build team or raise fund?

I am finished product demo and preparing to raisefund. But no solid team has built up except myself (Mainly due to I relocated to a new place and remote to tech hubs)So, should I raising fund...

asked Feb 16 '15 at 20:13
Blank
Homer Quan
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
100% remote teams: how do you collaboration?

What tools and strategies do you recommend for 100% remote teams to collaborate? Our team of 6 is spread across the globe. Also, how can you create a company culture in such a case?

asked May 14 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Patty Balderas
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Most important aspects of a team that investors look for?

What are the top factors that investors look for in a team? Do they only look at the team as a whole or do they also require the CEO to have certain credentials or background?

asked May 13 '14 at 13:56
Blank
Aaron Rew
7 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.08K Views
Best team composition for a new startup?

What type of team composition (# of people, skill sets) would be most ideal? Both in terms of skills needed to execute and to raise money.

asked Mar 16 '14 at 01:00
Blank
Nathanial Norman
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Communication pitfalls and tips for remote teams?

Now that my startup is starting to generate revenue, I'm going to hire a designer, a rails coder, and several SEO people to work remotely. I'll likely start on ODesk and if they are good, move the...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 12:23
Blank
Melissa Gonzales
35 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Your best tip for hiring people?

What is your single best advice for attracting and hiring people?

asked Mar 14 '14 at 11:17
Blank
Javier Moreno
40 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
Two new "business minded" devs - Do we need a Hustler?

I am working on a hardware-software combo B2B startup in Seattle. We've only been around for 2 weeks on a part-time basis. We are two somewhat experienced software/web devs. Together we secured a...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 14:45
Blank
User2990504
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Dividing 10 Million Shares among consultants not founders

Our three founders will not really be the true founders. We realize we need to give power and control to the next team members who will become the true founders, while we will be demoted to...

3 Votes
3 Answers
How to create a process-driven culture?

We have successfully grow our company beyond the startup phase to the expansion phase. now, we're acquiring clients very fast and we need to swiftly and consistently train new members of our...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 00:43
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Startup titles co-founder or no?

I founded my startup a while back, (a year ago) built the first two versions myself. This summer i built a new version and about 50% of the way i brpught in a person to work with me. Then a month...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 02:21
Blank
William Falcon
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
Laughs at the office vs Seriousness

We have two different spaces in our office. one, in front of our building, contains our call centre, in the back we have our software development team. Our call centre team seems to like a serious...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 23:42
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
Is there a certain description for a person who delivers emotional support as well as brings in competence?

Founding my business included a lot of desperation and hard work. Neither do or did I have the social support that was and is necessary to endure tough times. A lot of people recommend working...

asked May 30 '13 at 17:44
Blank
Zurechtweiser
114 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How big of a team is too big for a start up?

The project I'm working on requires hardware and software, and especially a very solid business plan. I have no real experience in project management (only engineering school project management),...

asked May 31 '13 at 19:50
Blank
Chris R
108 points

8 Votes
11 Answers
1.33K Views
Should we add "About -> The Team" when our company is only 5 people?

It's widespread among (mostly web development) non-huge companies to add a page about the team members of their company, like SE's Team page here, where they have separate page for their team, or...

asked May 7 '13 at 10:04
Blank
Tamer Shlash
144 points