Communication Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
Easy to understand volume discount rule? (roughly: base*users^0.75)

We sell support for enterprise software. Price for 1 user is BASE.For volume discounts we usually roughly calculate BASE*(nb of users)^0.75 Before we were saying "Contact us for volume...

asked Oct 17 '14 at 10:42
Blank
Lumen
6 points

2 Votes
0 Answers
1.15K Views
Hiring sales people on just commission for a B2B SaaS product?

Is it possible to hire sales people for a B2B SaaS company that work solely on commissions? If we were to offer them 50% of sales (which is a gigantic amount considering most companies offer 2% to...

asked Jun 16 '14 at 15:13
Blank
Joseph Key
12 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Quickest way to develop trust with a stranger?

What is the quickest and most effective way to develop rapport with a stranger you just met? Considering you are not a well known person in your niche, a skill like this could really come in handy.

asked Apr 29 '14 at 14:26
Blank
Alex Lonon
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
Communication pitfalls and tips for remote teams?

Now that my startup is starting to generate revenue, I'm going to hire a designer, a rails coder, and several SEO people to work remotely. I'll likely start on ODesk and if they are good, move the...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 12:23
Blank
Melissa Gonzales
35 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
How do you recover from a disastrous introduction?

Through some networking, I met someone, John, who said he would introduce me to a friend of his for a prospective sale. I knew the person he was talking about and I really wanted to meet her and...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:48
Blank
Ray023
198 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
How should I reply to important people for my company if they write their emails unprofessionally?

I have received and email from a potentially important person for my company. I don't mean the daily spam. I mean verified bigger company CEO. And this email is written in a style you would expect...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 19:59
Blank
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
How to write an intrigued invitation mail to event organizers, to list their events?

I have created a simple-clever search engine for events, however I would like to make the website known to event organizers, so instead of me adding the events found in other websites, they will...

asked Aug 3 '13 at 07:12
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Do ads ruin user experience?

I'm developing some school communication/information software for mobile and browser and I have a question about ads. I was going to have a resources section where people can post useful links and...

asked Jul 5 '13 at 18:11
Blank
Jason
41 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
My one-man startup has been invited in a startup showcase event of a prestigious university. How to go about it?

It seems, my one-man startup has been doing well, and has been noticed by a prestigious university. They recently sent me a letter inviting me to their annual Technology- Management Fest, where...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 03:13
Blank
Vaivhav
32 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Investor Relations for Startups

Our company appears to be close to getting our first investment -- term sheet but no cash delivered -- and we know we need to get in the habit of keeping this investor and any future ones up to...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 03:22
Blank
Dmoore
46 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
What do you do if the actual costs or working hours are well over your previous estimate which is agreed upon by both parties

If you offer a service or a product(make-to-order), a prospective client asks you for a quote.You quote a price for your product or service based on your estimate. Your client agrees on your quote...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 12:16
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
4 Answers
How to approach a corporate client

I have someone's name, address and number. However, I have never met or spoke with him, and he has no idea who I am. I know he has a need for a specific kind of software, which I can provide. How...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 23:48
Blank
Amar
26 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
1.18K Views
One man company, good idea to be honest or not?

So currently I am the sole author of my software product. Should I reveal that this is a one man army? Such as creating facebook pages, linked-in which shows that this is a one personell...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 15:06
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
Recommend a good cloud based telephone system

I'm involved in a pre-startup situation, with a small company about to start real operations. Initially they will have one dedicated office with dedicated telephone lines, one office admin person,...

asked Oct 25 '11 at 04:08
Blank
Jim In Texas
218 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Marketing my niche web application

I'm a web developer by trade but I work for a graphic design agency. I've written a subscription service (I own the code) that allows design studios to track jobs, allocate them to staff and track...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 18:52
Blank
Jim Blizz
1 point

7 Votes
4 Answers
How to get through to decision makers?

There are a few software titles (all games) that have been officially retired and are no longer supported. I have designed a business model for recovering these end of lifed titles, but am having...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 09:06
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
Speaking corporate lingo

Are there resources out there on the etiquette and 'lingo' used when talking/contact companies? Working with small companies it's all quite easy-going, but I don't want to give away in 5s to to a...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 21:10
Blank
John
173 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Is it possible to startup a web hosting / development company that only communicates via email

Is it possible to start up a web hosting / development company that only communicates via email?

asked May 16 '11 at 02:36
Blank
Cssss
6 points

14 Votes
5 Answers
1.56K Views
When to drop a co-founder?

There are some excellent posts on how to select a co-founder and what qualities you should look for. I firmly believe in 'try it out', and have been for about 5 months. In that time I've also come...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 10:51
Blank
Rsg
313 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Looking for a solution/methodology to optimize communication & organization between sales and tech-support/development teams

Before I get into the question, I’d like to mention that this is my first venture where I am a decision maker, it's been great but as you will see below, due to some inexperience, I am stumped as...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 13:50
Blank
Danny
113 points