Networking Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
How to raise money if you don't have a network or went to an ivy league school?

It turns out that most new founders that get seed funded usually get their foot in the VC door via: Recommended by someone Worked at a well known company like Google or FB Went to an ivy league...

asked May 19 '15 at 21:14
Blank
Juan Bourg
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.69K Views
How to find your first consulting clients?

If you don't have a network which you can get referrals from, how do you find your first consulting clients for a one-person development firm?

asked May 12 '14 at 17:55
Blank
Robert Sheehan
7 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Any networks for female founders in Silicon Valley? We're a minority.

Are there any events or networking opportunities specifically for female founders in the bay area?

asked Feb 26 '14 at 18:47
Blank
Nichole Willhite
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Startup networking events in Boston / Cambridge area?

Looking to mingle with people with similar interests, what are the most popular networking events for technologists and entrepreneurs?

asked Feb 22 '14 at 21:09
Blank
Lauren Ferranti
30 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Rating potential business partners or co-founders for building the right network

I have the problem that i always meet the wrong people. Most of the people i know on the one hand don't want to be self employed or on the other hand want to found a business but are to optimistic...

asked Oct 19 '12 at 20:14
Blank
Zoidbergi
111 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
My one-man startup has been invited in a startup showcase event of a prestigious university. How to go about it?

It seems, my one-man startup has been doing well, and has been noticed by a prestigious university. They recently sent me a letter inviting me to their annual Technology- Management Fest, where...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 03:13
Blank
Vaivhav
32 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Importance of Business Networking in a Tech Company

Everybody seems to think the opposite, but does it really matters how well you are connected with others entrepreneurs, developers or VCs when you own a tech company? It seems obvious that it...

asked May 30 '12 at 23:08
Blank
Hartator
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
How a "want"repreneur network with entrepreneurs?

The fundamental problem that most "want"repreneurs like me face is switching from the non-creative, boring, non-entrepreneurial world of 9-5 job to the world of enthusiasm and creativity, filled...

asked May 10 '12 at 06:34
Blank
Saurabh Patil
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
What should my business card say

I am a systems architect by profession, and I have decided to give my entrepreneurial aspirations a try. I will be going to expos and meet ups and networking with people over the next few months....

asked Jan 16 '12 at 14:13
Blank
Vwagh
66 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Extending my social network into new city while retaining my current network

In the next few years I might want to move to a new city with my wife. However there are two problems here: 1) I have developed a pretty decent social network here in my current city and I don't...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 23:45
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.74K Views
Venues to reach/hire freelancers cross-country

I'm a design agency who does client-work through freelancers, and I'm looking to hire/partner with people in other states and work with them remotely to expand my reach to cross-country. Think...

asked Nov 17 '11 at 00:09
Blank
Vic Goldfeld
111 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.37K Views
How do I choose what "business networking group" to join?

Rotary, Masons, Elks, BNI, LinkedIn Groups, Meetup Groups, Company of Friends, Cooltea, EYPN, NetParty, PowerMingle, Jaycees, First Tuesdays, Knowmentum . . .. I don't have time to become and...

asked Oct 29 '11 at 08:39
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.36K Views
Where are the best places to meet other programmers? (Minnesota)

This question is probably crap but I find myself scratching my head. I'd love to meet other programmers to bounce ideas off of and maybe somewhere down to line work on a startup. (currently, my...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 23:25
Blank
System Se7en
3 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.6K Views
Is it wise to leave out your mobile phone number from your business card?

Previously I used to get lots of prank calls/mobile calls after I give out my business cards at conferences. I've recently gotten a new phone and a new number and I'm seriously considering whether...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 21:36
Blank
David C
123 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
Searching For RFPs

I am in the IT industry and recently started an LLC. I have mostly been freelancing by myself on projects, but am looking to get into RFPs for bigger projects with a bigger team I plan to take...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 02:48
Blank
Skaz
254 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
How To Find Contracting Work

I have a full-time job and do some contracting work on the side but am looking to quit and do full-time contracting work. Historically, my contracting work has come through my personal network, but...

asked Aug 22 '11 at 23:47
Blank
Skaz
254 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Sales tools when selling one-to-one

As for many startups, my primary sales channel is via personal network. I am therefore looking for any new or non-traditional equipment or tools to use when the chance for selling suddenly arises....

asked Aug 25 '11 at 18:05
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Importance of a Conference and Networking

I've recently started a start-up in the poker sector and will be launching a product we've been working on for around 8 months this coming week. I am going to be contacting bloggers, and other...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 00:42
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.35K Views
Resources for young entrepreneurs in Toronto

I'm going to be finishing my master's degree in computer science soon, and am interested in pursuing entrepreneurship. I'm currently based in Montreal, but for personal reasons, am considering...

asked Jul 10 '11 at 12:29
Blank
Jbeard4
121 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Choosing who to contact at a giant corporation

I have a small startup and what I want to push right now means my potential clients are big corps. If I identify the president/CEO/senior VP of the department I'm interested in, they could be...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 06:46
Blank
John
173 points