Networking Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.55K Views
How to keep up with comments left on different forums/sites?

I have been participating on a lot of forums and communities to promote our new app. Not all those forums support centralized commenting system like disqus.com. I am sure this is a common...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 00:00
Blank
Birender Saini
271 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.58K Views
First-time meeting with a VC and Angel Investor

Just to give some background, I'm building a software as a service offering which is almost in private beta and I have a few customers lined up to start using it at launch. Its a solo gig so far,...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 14:15
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
2.79K Views
Lots of ideas, but no clue how to get started

I am an entrepreneur wannabe. I have an engineering background. I have very broad albeit shallow skill set in various areas (web, mobile, GIS, general programming, math etc.). And I have a...

asked Oct 13 '10 at 03:53
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
"Like" clone idea

I am adding new section to my site where students or alumni of a particular film schools can be associated with their schools. Facebook did something similar in the early days and later they went...

asked Sep 28 '10 at 01:19
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Is it a good idea to contact investors using Twitter?

I know its easier to get backed up by investors if you know someone, but how can I talk to such people? They must be so busy with what they are doing. Example: Dharmesh. Sometimes there is...

asked Aug 15 '10 at 02:29
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.4K Views
Are there any startup networking opportunities in the UK?

Are there any networking opportunities for startups (primarily internet entrepreneurs) in the UK - or more specifically, London? Since we are mostly bootstrapping and therefore need to keep costs...

asked Jun 18 '10 at 22:16
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Do you go for the Quality or Quantity approach in your social media activities?

How many social network profiles should I have and in how many groups should I participate? What is your approach?

asked May 19 '10 at 20:29
Blank
Tatiana Andrushko
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How to approach potential advisors? (who are famous)

I have a couple of people I would just love to have as startup advisors, but not sure how to approach them. One in particular has greatly impacted my startup and gave tons of solid ideas on how to...

asked May 19 '10 at 21:22
Blank
Griftastic
127 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
When startup people get together to work on their startups, they become motivated. How do we get more events like these happening?

One large problem for a lot of entrepreneurs, regardless of whether it's their first startup or their eighth, is motivation. We slowly become less motivated due to delays, or thinking about how...

asked May 12 '10 at 09:13
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.17K Views
Opinion: Finders fee or not?

Through a business networking group "business friend of a business friend", you are introduced to a prospect who is interested in your services. The person who introduced you has never met you, but...

asked Jan 29 '10 at 14:13
Blank
User2396
6 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
What kind of startup gathering to host?

I'm in a town with a relatively young startup community and I'm looking to start having some kind of gatherings. It is a university town, and there is a quasi-state-run startup accelerator here,...

asked Jan 30 '10 at 01:10
Blank
Frederick Cook
301 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
1.97K Views
Discussion starters

I'm planning a company conference where we will bring all our developers, applications engineers and sales people to one place for 3 days to do training and socializing. This is not a huge group...

asked Dec 6 '09 at 11:57
Blank
Dane
1,866 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Best way to get assistance from someone in an industry you aren't familar with?

I created a social networking site that connects models with talent. It has 1,500 members and growing. The problem: I know NO ONE in the talent/model industry, and I believe it is a great product....

asked Dec 9 '09 at 14:35
Blank
Robbie
40 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.02K Views
Finding people with the entrepreneurial virus

I'm a software engineer with lots of experience in web app. development and would like to meet smart people that share my passion about startups and innovation. The problem is that although I do...

asked Dec 17 '09 at 22:25
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

4 Votes
8 Answers
3.25K Views
What are some simple methods to remember peoples names while networking?

I want to get better at remembering names while networking. Are there any simple methods to remember all of those names during networking events?

asked Dec 2 '09 at 04:29
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.67K Views
What can I learn about internet business from these charts?

Out of curiosity I compared traffic of various social networks and top portals, got two interesting charts...

asked Nov 8 '09 at 19:33
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
2.77K Views
How to become friends with High-Achieving, Smart enterpreneurs?

How can i become friends people who have already created something as since i havent even started and why will they want to be my friend when i havent acheived anything. You go to any business...

asked Oct 16 '09 at 02:40
Blank
Syed
445 points

13 Votes
4 Answers
4.11K Views
What's the best way to put together a board of advisors or mentors?

I'd really like to assemble a Board of Advisors, but I'm not sure how to start. I've found that being kept accountable to someone or a group of people can really serve to meet business goals....

asked Oct 10 '09 at 07:18
Blank
Danpickett
263 points