Mentor Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
How to find the right advisors?

As our product development goes along, we are looking for more advisors to form an advisory board - we need well considered input from people who have already proven themselves in the tech / IoT...

asked Jun 28 '15 at 12:01
Blank
Alexander Hill
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Lessons learnt while mentoring startups?

If you've done your own startup before and now mentor other startups on the side, what are some things you've learnt (in the process of mentoring them)?

asked Mar 24 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Orlando Osborne
30 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.11K Views
How to find mentors and advisors for your startup?

How do you get advisors for your new startup if your personal network is limited?Do you just contact people for a meeting to get advice and then just ask them to become an advisor? What's the...

asked Feb 15 '14 at 13:41
Blank
User30135
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
How do you get sophisticated feedback at each development milestone. Do you use a peer group?

Looking for a place/process to co-audit recent work. Like I just created or updated this certain feature on my website in the last 2 weeks, and I'd like to do walk-throughs or get reviews with...

asked Sep 30 '13 at 00:39
Blank
Efficient Leader
37 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
Becoming an Effective Mentor

At 39, I am not a young entrant into entrepreneurship. The majority of my career has been spent as an engineer in a subordinate position. I have only light undergraduate business training as a CIS...

asked Dec 25 '11 at 06:28
Blank
Laramie
192 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Where to find mentors/advisors for garage stage startup company?

I have an idea related to healthcare communications and am trying to find mentors/advisors who would be willing to guide my partner and I towards success. I live in Silicon Valley. I was...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 06:10
Blank
Saif Akhtar
53 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
Do you have mentors ? How do you find them?

I just wondering, do you have mentors when doing startup? And how do you find them? I read a book titled "One Minute Entrepreneurship", it said that a person won't offer to be our mentor, but we...

asked Jul 2 '11 at 00:08
Blank
Jazar
123 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
What are some good venues to look for sales & bizdev partner for R&D team located in a remote place?

We're a small team in Ukraine with technical chops hungry for success. Finding a lucrative market niche and attracting real paying customers is a challenge, especially given our remote...

asked Mar 15 '11 at 18:24
Blank
Maxua
155 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
What advisors should a startup have?

Besides a Lawyer and an accountant what other advisors should I have to build a startup? Where can I find advice with things like creating a marketing plan and finding investment?

asked Feb 15 '11 at 15:43
Blank
Zachary K
208 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
Seeking Wisdom from experienced business owners

Does anybody here understand the basics of online businesses (online billing- client relations management software, etc) and other aspects like hiring and working with outsourced help and Sales...

asked Dec 31 '10 at 17:49
Blank
Sergio Alvarez
46 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.19K Views
OEM VS Reseller how do I build the business case for it?

So here's the dilemna. I have a software product that is a value add to ERP system for mid to large organizations. I found a reseller and we sold to a large customer our product customer as an add...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 06:16
Blank
Stacey
484 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
In need of strategic advice

Some days I feel that I need someone experienced to have a top-level discussion of my next business steps. I don't necessarily feel that approaching investors is the right move for that -- I'm not...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 12:28
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
1.97K Views
How do you find and convince an experienced entrepreneur to be your mentor?

I always hear that having a mentor is critical to achieve success in your startup, how do you find them, approach them and convince them to be your mentor when you are a nobody.

asked Sep 12 '10 at 13:15
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Coaching - software company

I am interested in connecting with individuals who offer coaching services. The criteria I am looking to evaluate are: Individual has lengthy experience in developing 1 or more web-based software...

asked Jul 14 '10 at 09:49
Blank
Danny
113 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.47K Views
Getting coaching at the beginning of your business?

I have a software product that is a complex sale. I need someone to help me sell this product or coach me on how to make sure I am aiming at the right target and closing deals. Would you pay a...

asked Apr 23 '10 at 23:14
Blank
Stacey
484 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.33K Views
Online startup mentor?

Does it make sense to find a mentor who can help you out in your startup, online? He's not going to be physically present, of course. And you run the risk of him running away with your idea. But...

asked Apr 25 '10 at 05:53
Blank
Startup Struggler
77 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
What are your criteria for choosing a mentor?

And how do you initiate if you don't yet have a close relationship with the person?

asked May 3 '10 at 12:19
Blank
G Rex
683 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
How to get an opportunity to meet an angel investor or business mentor for free?

How? Is there a smart or efficient way?

asked Jan 12 '10 at 22:32
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
Switching from Full Time to Contract.. finding a business mentor

So it looks like I'm making the switch from full time employee to self-employed contractor due to the job market -- there's just not a lot of work in my area for C++ programmers. I'm working for...

asked Dec 21 '09 at 14:07
Blank
Jeff Paquette
161 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.89K Views
Approaching A Professor For Help With Your Startup?

Has anyone ever approached a college professor to help give advice and provide introductions to people who might want to invest in your startup? I'm going to do this, but wanted to gain some...

asked Nov 23 '09 at 06:04
Blank
Drew Little
41 points