Data Request Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Why some websites give access to their data through REST APIs?

Quite a lot of websites (glassdoor for example) give access to data about jobs, salaries, etc. through a REST API. So basically I can make an API call, get results and show the data on my website....

asked Oct 14 '13 at 04:54
Blank
Victor
137 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.83K Views
Datacenter internet UK? (Where to get 1GBPS?)

I'm planning to have one good server computer (Intel Xeon processor) running some linux server distro handling all the files for my file hosting website. I can buy it plenty of space (I assume I...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 17:44
Blank
User9331
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Seeking Wisdom from experienced business owners

Does anybody here understand the basics of online businesses (online billing- client relations management software, etc) and other aspects like hiring and working with outsourced help and Sales...

asked Dec 31 '10 at 17:49
Blank
Sergio Alvarez
46 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
Looking for current data on realistic ad revenue for a user generated content web site

We're launching a user generated content web site in late 2Q. I'm looking to get a realistic view of revenue opportunities from impressions and per click ads. The site will serve members across...

asked Mar 6 '10 at 12:28
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

13 Votes
6 Answers
4.51K Views
Which is better, Google adwords or Facebook ads?

I'm about to experiment with Facebook ads and I'm wondering which performs better in terms of ROI: Facebook or Google? I've had some success with Google, so I'm looking forward to comparing. I'd...

asked Mar 3 '10 at 05:09
Blank
Greg Digneo
86 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
What is a good benchmark for a "download conversion rate"?

What is a good benchmark for a download conversion rate? In other words, what % of my website traffic can I expect to click "Sign Up Now" button to start a plug-in download (examples: xobni.com and...

asked Nov 19 '09 at 14:42
Blank
Dean Wright
86 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Where can i get my hands on internet data, usage patterns etc?

Basically for purposes of marketing and product research we need access to data about the internet: what are people talking about, number of users in India, demographic patterns, conversations...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 18:38
Blank
Sid6376
6 points