Organization Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.64K Views
How to organize your hiring pipeline?

How should a small startup organize their hiring pipeline? We're a team of 8 so don't have a dedicated HR person. Way too early for that. So we keep an excel file to manage candidates we interview....

asked Jun 11 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Michael Brown
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
How do you set up your inside sales team?

I'm wondering if anyone has tips setting up an inside sales room. We have about 7 to 10 people making phone calls all day in a pretty narrow, smaller room. We've done a lot of acoustic reduction...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 12:22
Blank
John O
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
How to create a process-driven culture?

We have successfully grow our company beyond the startup phase to the expansion phase. now, we're acquiring clients very fast and we need to swiftly and consistently train new members of our...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 00:43
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Turning a hackathon organization into a registered entity

I'm organizing a hackathon this summer and my team and I have had a lot of fun bootstrapping the whole process. In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we tossed around the idea of making the...

asked Jul 19 '13 at 08:01
Blank
Max Mackie
166 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Setting up a Group/Organization

I currently host an online group that meets once a month for dinner. We recently began hosting small private events that required a minimal cover charge at the door to cover the rental fee of the...

asked Mar 11 '13 at 13:20
Blank
Juli
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
LLC with 2 members vs Corp to Corp

I am considering forming an LLC, developing a B2B service platform. I am an independent consultant/developer, and have been working with another individual for several years. Over this time, we...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 03:18
Blank
Conrad
108 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Split main website and core application

I have question about some organizational issue. Is a good idea to split my main information website (home, about, contact, ...) and my core application service to domain and subdomain? For...

asked Sep 14 '12 at 08:42
Blank
Grzegorz
144 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Starting a paperless startup

We are looking into best-practices to make our startup paperless from the get go. We are using dropbox of course, but what kind of tools would you recommend to scan, archive and share documents,...

asked Mar 8 '12 at 00:11
Blank
J7nn7k
108 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.92K Views
Starting an Incubator, in a stagnant area?

For a couple of months now, myself and a couple of contacts of mine have been pondering ways to develop an incubator to bridge the entrepreneurial resources of NYC (Silicon Alley) with Long Island...

asked Aug 21 '11 at 04:24
Blank
Theonlylos
397 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
What are good books on management and organization to excel as a startup COO?

Preferably specifically targeted for startups in Tech/IT. I seem to find a lot about large corporations, but very little good literature about scaling from a small/midsize into a large...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 23:05
Blank
John Sjölander
2,082 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
What form of business should I start?

My friend and I are starting an online business to sell environmentally friendly diapers. We are both middle aged women. She has kids, I don't and our husbands work for the city. We have some...

asked Jun 18 '11 at 00:04
Blank
Janice
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
Start-up team organization, shares and duties. Advice needed

We are a group of 5 people working on an idea for a start-up. The aim is to find an investor that would allow us to develop the project fully. Now we're just at the idea and presentation stage. 3...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 22:49
Blank
Giovanni
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
What's the best way to prioritize everything?

When you're working on a startup it sometimes feels like there are hundreds of things to do. What techniques have you tried to organizing your todo items/ideas/tasks that worked? What did you try...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 11:09
Blank
Alex Cook
641 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.98K Views
What is a good structure/organization of a reliable marketing and sales team?

I am a co-founder of a startup company. We sell market data and analysis reports to manufacturers. Our reports have fairly high value, ranging from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands...

asked Jun 9 '11 at 01:23
Blank
Tong Wang
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Looking for a solution/methodology to optimize communication & organization between sales and tech-support/development teams

Before I get into the question, I’d like to mention that this is my first venture where I am a decision maker, it's been great but as you will see below, due to some inexperience, I am stumped as...

asked Mar 11 '11 at 13:50
Blank
Danny
113 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.75K Views
Software Idea but Non IT background

I am an entreprenuer, who has always been keen on IT, but having no background of programming. I have several ideas which i would like to implement one at a time. These involve combination of...

asked Jan 29 '11 at 15:37
Blank
Kartik
21 points

3 Votes
12 Answers
3.79K Views
A platform for private brainstorming and capturing all of my ideas

I suffer from having too many ideas and am constantly bombarded by my own subconscious that drops stuff on me unexpectedly... My problem is that I need to capture all these ideas very quickly and...

asked Oct 29 '10 at 06:27
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.72K Views
Operations - Developing Processes for a startup

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend, a book, a blog, a document, heck even a contact who has some solid experience in developing business processes. Our company is pretty small, we are 6...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 10:58
Blank
Danny
113 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
4.14K Views
Organization structure for startup

I've heard that it is almost impossible to build a startup among friends because a command structure or organization structure is hard to solidify. Everybody wants to be a commander but you cannot...

asked Sep 28 '10 at 14:19
Blank
Ludwi
128 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Do large companies just work as tax-free zones with lower accounting standards?

Large companies are often organized into business units (GM is supposted to be a primer on this). These units essentially function like smaller companies. The only difference is that the accounting...

asked Jun 13 '10 at 06:20
Blank
David
1,567 points