Operations Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
What is the correct way to self-fund the expenses of a one-man company?

After having registered a company with a certain share capital, how do I fund the company for the day-to-day operating expenses? Do I:Transfer cash to the company's account and issue more shares to...

asked Mar 22 '14 at 03:12
Blank
Wayne
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How do you set up your inside sales team?

I'm wondering if anyone has tips setting up an inside sales room. We have about 7 to 10 people making phone calls all day in a pretty narrow, smaller room. We've done a lot of acoustic reduction...

asked Dec 2 '13 at 12:22
Blank
John O
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
Operational email policy

We've recently launched a platform and we start aquiring emails from users, partly from facebook and partly on their own merit. We want to start sending operational emails to our users, for...

asked May 4 '13 at 21:45
Blank
Itai Sagi
337 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.78K Views
What Should I do as Founder

Hope you can help me out with little advice here. I recently founded a website and I have no technical programming. Perhaps I was lucky that I found a rich partner who can't work full time. But he...

asked Feb 23 '13 at 22:35
Blank
Trana
24 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
1.89K Views
How do I avoid becoming a bottleneck in my small business

I have been running a small IT services company for 2 years. I personally maintain close relationship with our clients. However, with increasing work and client base, I feel that I have become a...

asked Dec 14 '12 at 06:07
Blank
Vikram
36 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Built a company? When did you realize you needed a COO (or ops exec)?

I am in the midst of writing a follow-up article to one I have written to address some myths about startups and operations executives. In 15 years I have been through 9 startups (co-founder in 2...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 12:48
Blank
Apollo Sinkevicius
3,323 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Buy or Rent/Lease

Assuming a venture-backed startup with seed financing that plans to raise further rounds: does it make sense to buy things or should it go for renting/leasing? "Renting" something (office...

asked May 31 '12 at 23:28
Blank
Sascha Konietzke
118 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.6K Views
Operational Improvements for Tech Company

I'm looking for the magic trifecta of good/quick/cheap, what are some options for improving operational capabilities around... Support - Clients email a support email, this opens a ticket,...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 03:30
Blank
Mr. Graves
3 points

2 Votes
8 Answers
2.75K Views
Simple Document Management System

I'm looking for a simple document management system we can host on a corporate network. We should be able to upload files and organize them, and have the ability to access a file by a direct...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 04:11
Blank
Cade Roux
196 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.32K Views
Home office or real office?

When do I move my business from my laptop in my bedroom to rented office space? Is there any problem in doing business out of my living room, bedroom, or dorm room when I'm starting up?

asked Nov 21 '10 at 09:24
Blank
Moshe
409 points