Large Companies Questions

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
how to say no to a project for start up a company?

We wanted to start a little startup, but things changed after a big company asked us to do some modules, and after being in talks, we thought now that it will be best to start with the small that...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 01:29
Blank
Tyoc213
41 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.9K Views
Does going Public make the CEO lose his "full control" over the company?

I could not understand why does a company (hint: Facebook) not want to go public. I can understand that it is important for a CEO to have full control of a company, but if the company hands off...

asked Sep 22 '11 at 13:45
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.51K Views
competing with Amazon, how to, the smart approach

For a number of months I have been thinking how to create an e-commerce solution that competes with Amazon. I came up with an idea that is probably lame, but i'd like to understand why it will not...

asked Aug 5 '11 at 23:31
Blank
Somid3
195 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
What is the best way to share essential employees between two sister companies?

Details: I have one up and running Home healthcare (we'll call it Agency A)which provides skilled and non skilled services. I have another start up agency which is only certified for...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 04:07
Blank
Faisal Ali
11 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.83K Views
Leaving an awesome startup for Big Co. Am I crazy?

I love working for my current company. The work is challenging and fun, the people are amazing, I've been given lots of opportunity, and it's just an overall great work environment. The...

asked Jun 25 '11 at 12:28
Blank
Dragoon
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
'active affiliate' program for direct sales

I would like to hear people opinion about outsourcing direct sales to affiliates. We expect our affiliates to do cold calls to prospects and close deals, we will do the actual delivery and provide...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 03:40
Blank
Shai Ben Yehuda
81 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Could the following be a good way to manage a large business?

As a consultant for large corporations my startup is considering recommending the following: Imagine that you have a large business with several thousand employees. Usually such a business has...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 21:14
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Any examples of large companies measuring profits and cashflow instead of making traditional cost/revenue budgets?

The following is a copy and paste from this discussion with Pierre 303: Let us take an example where I believe that it is clear that there are no reasons for budget. Imagine a company, which has...

asked Jan 6 '11 at 19:30
Blank
David
1,567 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
How do I pitch to a potential partner?

A group of us want to work with a rather large company on a specific project. I was able to contact the person in the department i wanted and on the initial email she forward me to 4 colleagues...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 23:43
Blank
Frank B.
111 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
4.88K Views
How to find the right person to speak to at a company?

I am following up on How do I pitch to a potential partner? I found the project manager who in the department of the company i wish to work with but however she forward me to 5 managers in smaller...

asked Nov 12 '10 at 17:04
Blank
Frank B.
111 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Do large companies just work as tax-free zones with lower accounting standards?

Large companies are often organized into business units (GM is supposted to be a primer on this). These units essentially function like smaller companies. The only difference is that the accounting...

asked Jun 13 '10 at 06:20
Blank
David
1,567 points