Founders Agreement Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Do I need my own lawyer on a partnership agreement modification

Back story: I'm the majority equity and voting power holder in a multi-member LLC (Three members, I will call partnership). A year ago we had a partner's wife, who is a corporate lawyer, create a...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 03:07
Blank
Dragonman
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.15K Views
Should I stand firm to be CEO?

Between me and my 5 other co-founders, we are deciding who will hold the CEO position. It has come down to me and another founder. I was told from one of my other founders that they thought I...

asked Sep 19 '14 at 19:25
Blank
User34135
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4K Views
Equity split for advisors, part-time and full-time founders?

I am a part of a software startup that includes the following six founders. We are about to seek VC and we need to make sure that we split the equity in a fair/correct manner. Based on the...

asked Sep 23 '14 at 23:35
Blank
User34135
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.26K Views
Founder Stock Split in a startup (Full-time vs. Part-time founders)?

A & B have started a company a few months back. Both of them have built the product together and are equally enthusiastic about its success. However, Mr. A has been involved full time (in the...

asked Sep 1 '13 at 03:58
Blank
Andysax
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.21K Views
having both shotgun and put/call option on shareholder agreement

Is it possible on the Shareholders Agreement to have both a shotgun clause and a put/call option clause? Thank you for any advice.

asked Aug 23 '13 at 06:59
Blank
Dave
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.73K Views
Different vesting schedules among founders

I'm the technical co-founder at a startup. We have soft-circled nearly 50% of our seed round, are participating in an accelerator this summer, are rapidly acquiring new users, and have been in...

asked Jul 25 '13 at 00:28
Blank
Sohan Jain
6 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
How can I protect my future position in a startup?

I took part alone in a 4 months acceleration program for startups, during which I worked on the idea, I did market and customer research and all the usual things needed before start a new company....

asked Jun 10 '13 at 06:51
Blank
Andrea
26 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.01K Views
pre money startup equity for founding partner who now will become a silent partner

my business partner and i recently decided to terminate our partnership. primarily my decision, but he reluctantly has agreed. we have one concept (a web consumer service/app) that we spent 6...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 23:53
Blank
User732013
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Removing a bad partner?

Two month ago I've joined with two friends to build a startup. I came with the idea and we started working. Two weeks ago, the first partner left the project due to lack of time. The second partner...

asked Apr 23 '13 at 20:17
Blank
Thedp
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Equity split 50/50 and past contributions

I've checked other questions but none cover the topic of past contributions. I'm wondering how much weight does time spent before incorporating matter. Do Founder A earlier contributions have...

asked Feb 23 '13 at 00:12
Blank
Jean Pierre
48 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Revoking a Partner's Equity

I am involved in a startup and one of our minority partners (owns 15%, vested 25% of that 15% with the rest over the next two years) is not meeting his side of the agreement. I think we have the...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 06:04
Blank
Steve
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.45K Views
I might be leaving a startup I co-founded. What are my options?

I co-founded a startup and have been with them for almost a year now. I own around 40 percent of the company, which is to be vested over 3 years. So far, about 1/3 of it has been vested. On top of...

asked Aug 20 '12 at 15:40
Blank
Anonymous
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
Partner is leaving, is there any common legal agreement that will allow him to return?

We have a company that has three business partners (all of us are liable for whatever happens in the company). One of the partners is temporarily leaving the company as he can't fulfill his duties...

asked Aug 29 '12 at 18:37
Blank
Kraken
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Primary founder has conflict of interest but wants to retain equity position without quitting day job?

I am the primary founder of my start up. We have just received our first influx of capital. My current employer feels working on this would be a conflict. The start up has a management team in...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 07:53
Blank
Dan
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
How to share equity among early investors, CEO and product developers in a technology startup

We are planning for a software startup and following is our setup. There are 4 people who came up with idea. But these people can NOT code and build a product. These 4 people are also going to...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 21:24
Blank
John M
8 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.52K Views
If I write code with someone just together, are they entitled to equity in my startup?

If a friend casually wanted to hack with me and we wrote something that took off, are they entitled to equity in my company?

asked Jun 24 '12 at 06:04
Blank
User18524
31 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.32K Views
Co-Founder or First Employee ? How much equity?

Joined together to create a new venture with my ex-boss, we shared a great work dynamics and gelled well together, had complimentary skills & liked the idea and hence I decided to start...

asked Mar 31 '12 at 04:30
Blank
Roby
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
Is it legal or even common to require business partners to sign a prenup in the event they get married?

I'm considering starting a company with a few friends. Each of us are single guys. We're wondering, is it legal or common for a company to require other owners to sign a prenup in the event they...

asked Jan 28 '12 at 13:58
Blank
Dave
124 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.48K Views
I'm a part-time founder working with two full time partners. What is an appropriate equity share?

This is an update to a question I posted a few weeks ago. Help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a co-founder of a new startup with two other partners. We are just hammering out terms (equity...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 11:22
Blank
Local79
21 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.55K Views
Need to form company now, but want to make ownership / equity distribution decisions later

(background - few startups, business side) This is a situation that I've encountered a few times before. Seems not uncommon among startups. You're kicking around an idea - let's say there are 2-3...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 06:25
Blank
Jeff Townsend
21 points