Titles Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.15K Views
Should I stand firm to be CEO?

Between me and my 5 other co-founders, we are deciding who will hold the CEO position. It has come down to me and another founder. I was told from one of my other founders that they thought I...

asked Sep 19 '14 at 19:25
Blank
User34135
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.91K Views
What's a good job title for the CTO's right hand person?

I'm currently the de facto right hand person of the CTO of a small company. Our tasks include: Working on important projects and towards important deadlines (we're the most technical/experienced...

asked Dec 11 '13 at 03:35
Blank
Futlib
111 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
4.69K Views
Can you put CEO as title in your LinkedIn while working full time?

I am working full time as a Software Developer and I am making my startup go live this September 2013. My question is that, should I/Not put CEO/Founder Title in my LinkedIn profile while working...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 23:22
Blank
Rg 3
136 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Does a 'Director' need to be an Officer (UK)?

In the UK, are there any obligations (legal or otherwise) for someone with 'Director' in their job title to also be an officer of the company (i.e. registered as a director at Companies...

asked Jan 1 '13 at 20:39
Blank
Harunahi
148 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Need to pick a title as the first technical employee of a startup

I will be the first technical employee of an early-stage startup. I don't have a ton of experience (so something like CTO would look bad and misrepresent me) but I will be doing all the software...

asked Dec 20 '12 at 06:33
Blank
Robamaton
143 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
17.6K Views
Where are C-level titles for marketing and sales?

I very often see these C-level titles: CEO, COO, CTO, CFO. But what about marketing and sales? Are there any C-level titles for those roles? I searched on Wikipedia and I found: CBDO (Chief...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 04:31
Blank
Dan
49 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Why did the convention "Co-founder" get started in startups rather than just saying "Founder"?

The United States is known for having its Founding Fathers, not its Co-founding Fathers. The term Founder doesn't imply exclusivity, rather the use of "The" vs. "A" makes that distinction - someone...

asked Jul 14 '12 at 02:15
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
What title should I use and should I require D&O?

I have been a startup advisor for a colleague of mine for several years. He is primed to go from incubatory stage to launch and has some excellent blue-chip customers lined up. He is having...

asked Mar 18 '12 at 00:40
Blank
Francesca
6 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.17K Views
What title to use for the manager of graphical development?

The lead of technical development is also known as CTO. What's the counterpart that leads the graphical development? Does this position have a commonly-used title or not?

asked Feb 19 '12 at 01:07
Blank
Lmaome
16 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.83K Views
How should I describe my job title?

I'm the co-founder of a two-person startup, but I'm having a hard time coming up with an accurate description of my job for things like LinkedIn and business cards. I handle all technical aspects...

asked Dec 6 '11 at 09:52
Blank
Bill
198 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
16.2K Views
What is the difference between a VP R&D and a CTO?

Is there a difference in responsibilities? What is a VP R&D usually responsible for? Are these different names for the same position?

asked Oct 25 '11 at 16:38
Blank
Ita
81 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.54K Views
Are we correct with our startup titles?

we are a team of 6 persons and currently working on a startup. The three of us are invited in a meeting so we need to address our selves. Since we are a startup we avoided titles like CEO, CTO...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 04:06
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
What title to give to a non-founder first person in company

This question is a follow up to another question but it stands as a question by itself so i decided to ask it separately.. i am a single-founder starting a company and hence looking for...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 23:09
Blank
Achshar
125 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.74K Views
Title dilemma, should I give the "Co-Founder" title when he's technically not a co-founder?

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. First off, we're not technically a startup but have been around for a few years. We're a small software company, 7 people including myself. I started the company by...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 00:36
Blank
Jan F. Jaeger
28 points