CEO Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.13K Views
Should I stand firm to be CEO?

Between me and my 5 other co-founders, we are deciding who will hold the CEO position. It has come down to me and another founder. I was told from one of my other founders that they thought I...

asked Sep 19 '14 at 19:25
Blank
User34135
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
What role does a founder play after they a hire a CEO to lead the ship?

What kind of roles does a founder fit into after they are replaced by a more experienced CEO?While a lot of companies we read about still have the original founder as the CEO, in most cases the...

asked Apr 1 '14 at 22:44
Blank
James Middleton
14 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
Self funded startup with traction: how to begin hunt for a CEO?

How does a self-funded startup with traction hunt for a good CEO who can help grow it to the next level? VC-funded startups have an advantage since it's the VC who actively sends potential...

asked Mar 22 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Edgar Ellison
35 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
Can CEO work from home?

I would like to know if a CEO can work from home. The question is weird, but I would just like to know the answer. When there were company board meetings, he needs to attend and that is OK. He...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:22
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
How to remain control of your company while issuing equity to cofounders and investors?

I have two other cofounders for my startup and I'm trying to figure out the equity split situation. My question revolves more around if I give out too much equity, how can I remain in control as...

asked Jul 5 '13 at 11:03
Blank
User26898
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Business Developer Role

I've got a fairly good business, producing a profit and revenues of half what I need to live. I'm an idea man and nurture lots of great ideas over time. I'm looking to have someone else run with...

asked Apr 19 '13 at 23:44
Blank
Ron
21 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
How to structure a deal with a new CEO?

I'm a CEO, and I'm wondering how to structure a deal for my first other CEO? The purpose I need another CEO is because I've got my hands full with my own line of products, but I'm an idea guy and...

asked Apr 22 '13 at 18:34
Blank
Ron
21 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
Asked to be CEO -- what should I ask for?

I have been appoached by a private equity firm that has an idea -- a good one -- and $5M. They've asked me to be CEO and make it happen. They requested I make the opening bid for compensation and...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 13:44
Blank
User23925
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Can a person have the title of CEO if their company is unlicensed?

Just the question. I have a "company" which is basically just an online identity and is completely unlicensed (for the time being). Can I actually call myself the "CEO" of the company if it is...

asked Sep 15 '12 at 17:40
Blank
Abluescarab
103 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
Amount of time needed to allot to CEO responsibilities

Interesting story. I'm 15 years old. Im planning on launching a start up. Now obviously, there are concerns that I have, not necessarily about the performance of future employees, but my...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 10:27
Blank
soup123
43 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.18K Views
Do I need a technical cofounder?

I am in the very early stages of my first startup. I am not technical so I was wondering if getting a technical cofounder should be my first step or if I can go it alone with just my idea at first?...

asked Jul 29 '12 at 06:23
Blank
Peter
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Is this a fair CEO offer for an experienced CFO/COO

My question/story is this: two years ago I broke ground on a startup. We planned and planned, raised some funds and broke ground writing code. Two years later we put $250k into the business, have...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 15:39
Blank
Webwrks
131 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
A day in the life of a CEO

Does anyone know of a book that details the typical day to day routine of a CEO of a company? We all know the high level duties that a CEO must perform, but then I have yet to find good...

asked Feb 19 '12 at 16:04
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.03K Views
What equity should I claim as a founder CEO?

Some people I know came up with a idea of a startup. They will provide also the seed investment (50k) and contacts for future investment rounds. I will be in charge of the start up of the company...

asked Jan 26 '12 at 04:28
Blank
Thomas
6 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.94K Views
what am I giving up by letting someone else become the CEO?

My software based LLC is on the verge of explosive growth... I don't want to be the one managing the people and dealing with all the politics, negotiations, marketing etc. I want to continue doing...

asked Jan 10 '12 at 02:39
Blank
Bill The Ape
133 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
What is the value of my IP (in terms of equity)

Here is the scenario: I am the ceo/founder of a company that will be launching a website/application. The amount of cash I have invested thus far is less than 3,000. I am currently seeking...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 13:50
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
CEO equity when new investor comes along

I'm the co-founder and Managing Director of a start up backed by angel money. There are three partners. I run the day to day business and moved it from launch to major player in the market in a...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 01:46
Blank
Michael Canfield
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
What would be a reasonable equity when you execute on some one else's basic idea for less than market salary?

I am in some what a unique situation. I work for a friend owned software services company which has only 1 share holder - Founder & CEO. I joined them to execute on a product idea that the...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 09:22
Blank
Bsk
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.54K Views
Is formal business education important for startups?

I see a startup in my future, either the business or the tech side. I am a Computer Science major, what I want to know is if it is worth minoring in Entrepreneurship (or some other business minor)...

asked May 5 '11 at 01:01
Blank
Yoel
116 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
19.4K Views
Can You Be A Partner Without Putting Up Money?

I'm running a LLC that is a spin off of another LLC. I was working for the original LLC for a year when the 2 partners decided to start the spin off LLC. I let the partners know I wanted to be...

asked Jul 21 '10 at 05:26
Blank
Anthony O
51 points