Negotiation Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Helping an established company double or triple their worth

Assume Bob is looking for a job. Bob has the skills to develop something that within a few months may possibly double or triple the worth of a well established company. The company is aware of...

asked Sep 30 '13 at 02:22
Blank
Mi Gusta
120 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Negotiation without offending

I've been surveying for suppliers for a company that I'm starting. I have a little experience in the field, and know some existing good ones, but decided to check and see if I could find some...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 22:45
Blank
D. Sanders
4 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Sale commission for someone who brings a big fish (SaaS model)

I was wondering what is a reasonable/fare commission for someone (call him an agent) who can introduce us to a potential big client. I estimate the client can generate at minimum 400K-600K a year...

asked May 2 '13 at 08:47
Blank
Adhg
250 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
If someone is investing money as terms of a partnership is that money to be repaid as a loan?

My brother had an idea for a business and asked me to be his partner. His idea was for me to have 20% ownership and he has 80%. He is going to fund the business (at most $20,000) and believes that...

asked Apr 10 '13 at 23:32
Blank
Dina
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
How to structure a deal with a new CEO?

I'm a CEO, and I'm wondering how to structure a deal for my first other CEO? The purpose I need another CEO is because I've got my hands full with my own line of products, but I'm an idea guy and...

asked Apr 22 '13 at 18:34
Blank
Ron
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Acquiring a domain name that claims to be under construction

I am planning to launch a new SaaS product that nicely fits a catchy word. it would make a perfect brand name, but the domain name is already taken. the site claims to be under construction for at...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 00:22
Blank
Jani Kovacs
75 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.43K Views
How to negotiate for equity when joining a startup as one of the first employees?

I am looking to work at an early stage startup, and I am currently negotiating with founders of several such startups. All of these startups have just raised their first funding, and for each of...

asked Feb 26 '13 at 06:23
Blank
Joe
108 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
Asked to be CEO -- what should I ask for?

I have been appoached by a private equity firm that has an idea -- a good one -- and $5M. They've asked me to be CEO and make it happen. They requested I make the opening bid for compensation and...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 13:44
Blank
User23925
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.35K Views
Profitable existing business with Single owner - offering me Partnership & Equity to help it grow - My negotiation should be?

The owner has an online business which brings in a high $xx,xxx in profits (nearing 6 figures) with minimal costs (hosting, etc). Owner is looking to start fresh with an LLC setup and a partnership...

asked Jan 3 '13 at 17:49
Blank
Elliott
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Determining the pricing of a cloud service intended for businesses

We will soon be meeting for the first time with several of our potential customers which are chain-stores to which we will be selling our service. I don't want to uncover too much information...

asked Dec 25 '12 at 03:29
Blank
Orchestrator
149 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
What's typical in terms of royalties?

I'm a developer negotiating compensation for a commercialized version of some data analysis software I wrote (see my profile if you like). This is a completely new experience for me. I want...

asked Dec 14 '12 at 05:23
Blank
Matt Phillips
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Alternative to expensive legal contract review?

I have a partnership agreement I'd like a second opinion on, but I can't afford a lawyer right now. What other resources are out there? I've found a web-based contract review site that uses...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 04:13
Blank
Jim
4 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.06K Views
Non-technical founder asking for a larger stake in the company

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? I'm in a position where a colleague has offered me a percentage of a startup that is just getting off the...

asked Sep 3 '12 at 02:49
Blank
User19467
16 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
Partner (he's a Friend) Wishes to Resign from Startup Prematurely

I am seeking help in how to handle an underperforming partner / friend that is resigning from an early phase of a startup. Two friends and I began an equal partnership startup with the following...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 23:40
Blank
Daniel Moravec
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How do I make an angel investor move faster on a deal?

The investor is very excited but he seems very slow on the deal. We've been in communication for 3 weeks. I recently gave him access to the invesment package. But There was A tech issue on a...

asked Jul 25 '12 at 04:49
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
What will the angel talk about next during phone conference?

We been going back and forth on emails and spoke on phone once. He lives outside of USA. The Angel said he loves the deal, but he won't take the deal seriously unless he has the full scope of the...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 09:21
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
What should I offer a startup advisor?

I've searching for advisors in NYC area.I have no idea what kind of deals are being offered to advisors. I need someone to help me to clear it up for me. I don't want to offer a deal that maybe...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 13:54
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.43K Views
Starting out, what should co-founders focus on more, structure or results?

Roughly only 30% of the potential co-founders I chat with for 5-mins or more believe that getting meaningful results in the real world is less important than first reaching agreements about who...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 02:20
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
What should be our commission/expectation if we can help a big company to stop losing money?

Short background: we are 3 developers who formed a small startup for a very niche market. We do mostly programing but recently we started to provide consultancy as well. We've been working with a...

asked Mar 23 '12 at 11:23
Blank
Adhg
250 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Asking a company to be a tech partner

I have been on a fruitless search for a technical partner to help me build a web startup. In the meantime, I went ahead and had the MVP built by an offshore company. They've done a pretty good job,...

asked Dec 29 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points