Negotiation Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
How to negotiate as a technical co-founder?

A few people have asked me recently to start a business with them. In each case, the other person tells me that he's got this awesome idea for a mobile app / website / software that I should...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 01:18
Blank
Siamii
195 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Keypoints on how to negotiate. Is there a recommended "cheat sheet" or handbook?

I'm looking for bullet points on how to negotiate. I know there are entire tomes written on this. But I also know that the essence of negotiation can be boiled down to a few essential points - that...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 01:31
Blank
Voidstar
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
Unsure of fair equity % in "startup"

I have been working for the past few years as a consultant doing mostly design/development. A good chunk of that time was spent upgrading and/or building out a product for a company that I will...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 01:25
Blank
Old Startup
6 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Renegotiations with my co-founders: how big a stake?

Three sentence history: I was brought in on an opportunity by the original "idea" person. After trying out a few others, there ended up being a total of three of us. The initial project was going...

asked Jan 14 '11 at 10:34
Blank
Matt
180 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How to deal with a contract for a job that is over-due and out-of-scope?

I executed a contract at the end of May for a relatively small web application. It listed 3 main features/requirements and a due date of July 15th. It is October 8th and it is still on-going. I...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 03:43
Blank
Fosco
113 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.42K Views
Advice on buying a domain that's already registered?

I am interested in purchasing a good domain name that is currently being offered at $7K. Can anyone provide me any guidance on how to negotiate these deals and things to consider, lookout for, in...

asked Oct 14 '10 at 02:31
Blank
Gesco
71 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.55K Views
Negotiation with potential large customer

I am looking for some feedback regarding this situation. We provide software in the form of SaaS. Now, we have been working with this 1 company for over 3 years. They have 1200 employees, of...

asked Aug 28 '10 at 02:14
Blank
Danny
113 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
Semi Start-Up - Pricing Negotiation

I'd love to get your feedback on the following: After several months of talking with the directors of this firm, I am near to closing the deal. Overall, they love our solution and want to move...

asked Jun 21 '10 at 10:03
Blank
Danny
113 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
How to deal with this sensitive situation (reputation management)?

Both I and a close friend are involved in separate startups. I'll cut to the chase. I am essentially a geek, and don't like "beating about the bush", or unnecessary "hyperbole" or "hype". I know my...

asked May 19 '10 at 01:16
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
7.87K Views
How to thank a vendor, while turning them down?

We've been soliciting bids from a few vendors, and one in particular went the extra mile to accommodate our needs, learn what our project really was about, and to work out a good solution....

asked Mar 30 '10 at 00:17
Blank
Michael
250 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.94K Views
How do I broach the idea of me owning the rights to software when a company is paying me to write it

I am working on a web application that is going into beta test next week for safety engineers, but the company that is paying for it is safety engineers. Ideally, if I had the ownership of the code...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 16:53
Blank
James Black
2,642 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.09K Views
General Negotiation Tips and Advice

Throughout the life of a business negotiation is a key skill for the founders and strategists working on it. Often, however, having no business experience, founders fall into traps put by the...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 17:53
Blank
Slavo
316 points