Vendors Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.23K Views
Signing contacts with overseas vendor: which country's laws would govern the contract?

I'm confused on how contracts with overseas vendors would work in the event there is a dispute.Lets assume I'm working with a development vendor in India. We have a contract and they decide to not...

asked Apr 8 '14 at 22:57
Blank
Gordon Hughes
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
How to get vendors to be on a coupon site

I'm woking on a startup where we will put coupon codes on our website and in return we will get 3% of the net revenue of that sale. My question is how could I get vendors on this website? I don't...

asked Jan 10 '12 at 11:49
Blank
Ben Thomson
140 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
9.69K Views
Should I let a potential vendor know which of his competitors I'm also considering?

So this is a "how much information should I reveal when making a deal" type of question. Obviously when one requires a service, one shops around to all of the different vendors that offer that...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 06:19
Blank
N Reilingh
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Vendor's License E-commerce site

I am creating an ecommerce site that sells products all across the country. I am based in Ohio and so is the company. I want to know what vendor's licenses that I need to acquire to start selling...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 06:16
Blank
User889115
13 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
How can I deal with unexpected charges from a vendor?

So here's the situation... looking for advice: 2 years ago, I signed up as a reseller for a hosted service and sold it to a customer A couple months ago, service started having problems,...

asked May 6 '11 at 23:41
Blank
Route Npingme
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
What are good sites for finding CMS data entry sub-contractors?

I prefer to do work on my own sites, but I occasionally take one-off small business website jobs where I work with a designer, who owns the client relationship. Most of these sites are content...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 09:00
Blank
Pat James
138 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
How to assess wanting to support local, but running into slightly to unmanageably higher costs?

What kind of cost/benefit metrics should be considered when trying to support one's local vendors. Mostly I am looking into the printing end of things, but what general metrics should I be...

asked Nov 15 '10 at 13:01
Blank
Mfg
246 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Can anyone suggest a good cart/printing solution for high quality prints?

I have been looking into creating a site that incorporates multiple area artists' work into a centralized shopping experience. Basically, there would be an option to purchase the original and an...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 22:27
Blank
Mfg
246 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
How to find a raw material supplier?

We have just started a company which produces polypropylene pipes and fitings for water supply and heating. Thus we are searching for a reliable raw material supplier (i.e. polypropylene...

asked Sep 25 '10 at 08:13
Blank
Alexey Kalmykov
111 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
7.86K Views
How to thank a vendor, while turning them down?

We've been soliciting bids from a few vendors, and one in particular went the extra mile to accommodate our needs, learn what our project really was about, and to work out a good solution....

asked Mar 30 '10 at 00:17
Blank
Michael
250 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
How to navigate vendors during tough cash flow stretches

Many startups at one point or another get into situations where they need to stretch vendor payments a bit to handle cash flow issues. We're in one of those situations right now and I'm trying to...

asked Dec 17 '09 at 05:48
Blank
Tommy Maddox
156 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
4.4K Views
What's the Best Credit Card for a Start-up?

I've been using our debit/bank card to make purchases, and I'm not entirely comfortable putting that out there. I'd also like to potentially be earning points for things, although I don't want to...

asked Nov 21 '09 at 00:36
Blank
Josh Sam Bob
1,578 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.26K Views
What is the best web site chat provider to use?

I want to add a chat capability to my web site. Wondering recommendations from folks. Looking for something relatively inexpensive and relatively easy to implement but want it to be functional....

asked Nov 25 '09 at 00:59
Blank
Chris
4,214 points