Localization Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Managing multi-lingual website when you don't know the language

Internationalization and localization are some ways to test the water in various regions, to see which market you fit in best. I wonder if any of you has any experience in a multi-lingual web...

asked May 25 '12 at 14:33
Blank
Victor
593 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
2.82K Views
Do we really need to translate our app in order to release it to other countries?

If we want to release our iPhone based (free) app to countries like Germany, France, Japan, Korea, Spain, Singapore, do we really need to translate them to local languages? Our app provides...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 07:11
Blank
Tom
197 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Should we target large customers with our software localization platform?

For the last 15 months we've been working hard to build a cloud-based platform that helps companies localize the software they build (named Amanuens ). It all started from our own needs and we...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 21:24
Blank
Deleted
655 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.09K Views
Why incorporate in the US? What about Bermuda and other tax-advantageous countries?

Basically, why should one incorporate in the US? I'm interested in three cases: 1 - Most of the revenue and employees are in the US. 2 - Most of the employees are in the US, but the revenues...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 02:41
Blank
J Delage
277 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Working on localizing my iPhone app's content, but how do I handle customer support?

Although my iPhone app is currently written in English, I see a lot of purchases from non-English speaking countries. These purchases would almost certainly go up if the app was available in other...

asked Dec 25 '10 at 08:31
Blank
Bill
198 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
How to assess wanting to support local, but running into slightly to unmanageably higher costs?

What kind of cost/benefit metrics should be considered when trying to support one's local vendors. Mostly I am looking into the printing end of things, but what general metrics should I be...

asked Nov 15 '10 at 13:01
Blank
Mfg
246 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.04K Views
Computers distribution and Localization of software

I am interested in knowing what languages are good to choose for localization of my photo image editing software. There are some obvious choices and some not so obvious ones. Today I was reading...

asked Feb 27 '10 at 03:32
Blank
Ross
2,288 points