Royalties Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
Can a royalty agreement be made for an FMCG product idea instead of it being bought from you?

I am the ideator that's put together the idea and packaging for an FMCG product. I'd prefer to have royalties paid to me instead of the idea and patent being purchased from me (by a company)...

asked Oct 20 '13 at 03:59
Blank
Warren Van Rooyen
34 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
What's typical in terms of royalties?

I'm a developer negotiating compensation for a commercialized version of some data analysis software I wrote (see my profile if you like). This is a completely new experience for me. I want...

asked Dec 14 '12 at 05:23
Blank
Matt Phillips
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.92K Views
Incubator Equity and Royalty?

I'm considering applying to a local incubator, and wanted some quick feedback regarding the following terms (assuming I get in). I've started by bootstrapping, and feel as though I need to dedicate...

asked Sep 26 '12 at 03:20
Blank
User464180
159 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Should I take royalties or a stake in a startup in return for writing software for them?

This is my first visit here, so hi. I have been asked to write some software for a startup which has an exciting plan. All options are open and in the first instance about 6 months of work is...

asked Jun 26 '12 at 10:38
Blank
Sam Jolly
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.95K Views
Product equity rather than company equity - any examples?

We're all familiar with the traditional shared equity arrangements in a startup; Some contribution = Some % of shares (thus equity) in the company, which may or may not payoff down the road at...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 12:18
Blank
Inator
106 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
9.92K Views
How do Royalty payments work?

I have been asked by another company to build them some software to operate some machinery. The company sells this machinery to their own customers and wants to provide the software I write along...

asked Mar 25 '12 at 05:37
Blank
7wp
275 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.52K Views
Gross profit royalties vs non-voting equity

I began work with a small startup last year, working as a consultant. Consulting didn't last long because I saw great potential in the company and made it clear I wanted to be a part of it. I...

asked May 15 '11 at 13:38
Blank
Schneider
116 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Computing Valuation of Custom Software

I've recently been approached by a potential partner to buy a piece of custom software that I have written, and I'm struggling with a way to value the software. They would like to buy the source...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 10:11
Blank
Matthew Dorian
292 points