Stocks Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.88K Views
Equity buyback program as a vc round

One of the companies that I am a partner in is raising capital. We are considering offering shares with a repurchase program. We have calculated a CAGR that tracks projected YOY revenue growth and...

asked Sep 4 '18 at 22:20
Blank
Alex Notov
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Failing to file 83(b) election

I worked for a start up for a year and I had 1/4 of my stock options vested. I decided to exercise the options and purchased it on 8/15. I gave them the check but it was not until last week (10/12)...

asked Oct 23 '13 at 07:21
Blank
Denniss
116 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Splitting common stock between founders and investors - How can a founder ensure that he does not lose control of his company?

View: It seems to me that the only sure way for the founder of a company to ensure, with absolute certainty, that he will not lose control of his company is for him to retain 50.1% of his company's...

asked Oct 28 '13 at 09:36
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
4.53K Views
Is a 50/50 equity split without 50/50 control a doable and wise thing?

I've found a great partner for my second tech startup, and want to structure this one better than the first, which made money but eventually got ugly due to poor choices my younger self made along...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 02:45
Blank
Smarterthistime
31 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Best way to commercialize a software

My associates and I own a services business. To improve efficiency we started to developed own software two years ago. The software we developed seems to be very effective and time-saving for us...

asked Apr 3 '13 at 22:57
Blank
Gauthier
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.66K Views
Working @ Startup. Need help reading their most recent SEC Filing

Our Company just raised another round of funding (5MM). I took a peak at the SEC filing and it was confusing. See below: Total Offering Amount $18,500,000 USD Total Amount Sold $9,777,138 USD...

asked Aug 28 '12 at 03:49
Blank
User19426
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Format or terms and condition of Preferred Stocks Angels ask for

I read several blogs and interview of several Angel investors. My understanding is they are mostly asking for Preferred Stocks. What are most common terms and conditions they lay down in Preferred...

asked Aug 29 '12 at 07:51
Blank
Gaurav Agarwal
107 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
How dividends work when you have common & preferred stockholders?

This may not be a very common question since most tech startups don't really pay dividends, but maybe someone can help me. I want to start a lifestyle business (Maybe one day it will be sold, but...

asked Jul 31 '12 at 03:53
Blank
Manuelflara
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Am I a cofounder and how many equity shares should I take?

An engineer creates a product with most fundamental functions and is almost ready to establish a new company. He wants me to be in charge of the marketing for the new company/product. For now, only...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 00:53
Blank
Thomas Jackson
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.95K Views
Product equity rather than company equity - any examples?

We're all familiar with the traditional shared equity arrangements in a startup; Some contribution = Some % of shares (thus equity) in the company, which may or may not payoff down the road at...

asked Apr 16 '12 at 12:18
Blank
Inator
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
If i open a branch in a secondary country, Will it have its own shares?

So let's take this as a scenario: I have shares in a company in Australia, The company decided to get into the US and do the same service but it'll target US customers. Will the new company have...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 13:00
Blank
Ryan
139 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Stock equivalent options if the company is self funded and does not intend to go public

I run a company that’s self funded and does not intend to go public (this might change due to the nature of the business). I have started to experience scale and traction, which means that I will...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 00:01
Blank
Quintin
101 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.91K Views
Considering an offer from a startup, two different compensation packages. Advice?

A bit of background: The two founders are guys I used to work with before our previous employer (a SaaS company) was aquired back in 2010. One of the founders was a senior sales exec and the other...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 00:46
Blank
Kronprinz
113 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
Diluting stock of a company

How would one go about Diluting stock in company and what are the most common situations where dilution occurs?

asked Sep 23 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
What are the requirements for raising capital for IPO through private placement?

Well I am trying to raise capital for upcoming IPO's.I would appreciate for the answer of these questions. 1.What are the requirements for raising capital by Private placement memorandum...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 21:29
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Can the total number of stocks in a company change?

I was discussing doing some work for shares in a startup when the owner mentioned something interesting. Basically I would be given X shares for my work and with the current number of stock that...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 00:13
Blank
Abe Miessler
264 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
How to raise funds from Asset Management Compnay for Stock Markets?

Firstly I would say that I was wrong about raising funds from Venture Capital,Private Equity,Business Incubator or Angel Investors for Stock Market.Subsequently I came to know about Asset...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 23:38
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Selling Company Stock

I am an employee who has been granted common stock (note: actual stock, not just options) in the privately held company I work for. To my knowledge, the stock is not traded anywhere and it does not...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 13:30
Blank
Stock Owner
31 points