Fundraising Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
How long is the process for an IPO through an Investment Bank?

I am a novice in Finance,and is trying to raise capital for upcoming IPO. As I am a non-accredited investor I would like to know how much time does it take for an investor to raise capital through...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.92K Views
Is this style of fund-raising doable?

Scenario Give investors the option to have 50% of their equity returned as cash in the event that the cash value will equal their original investment amount. The idea is to make this a LOW RISK...

asked Nov 12 '18 at 20:19
Blank
Jackson Rollins
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Is it possible to raising funds from funding platforms before registering a company?

I'm trying to build an eCommerce company. Company registration is not yet completed, but is under process. Now I'm planning to raise capital to begin operations as soon as the company gets...

asked Jun 26 '14 at 11:15
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.92K Views
I have an idea and made the MVP! How can I get fund and commercialize it?

I have an idea and made a working proof of concept (MVP). Its a solution for organizing data and could be used in from Enterprise Digital Assets Management systems to home computers.I am looking...

asked Aug 9 '14 at 10:18
Blank
Shahab
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.72K Views
How can I get fund for my new software? I have MVP!

I am an experienced computer developer, I was enjoying making computer programs since I was just 10, back to 1994. And since 2001, I started to create computer software as my part time and later...

asked Aug 18 '14 at 10:45
Blank
Shahab
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
Using personal credit cards to fund a new startup?

Has anyone risked using credit cards to fund their startup in the beginning? I have looked at other options like angel funding, bank loan, etc. But none of those channels is something that I can...

asked Sep 16 '14 at 16:45
Blank
Benita Mc Dermott
4 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Tips and hacks for crowdfunding a startup on KickStarter or Indiegogo?

What are some tips to garner attention for your project on crowdfunding platforms like Indiegogo and Kickstarter?From browsing the most funded campaigns, the common elements seem to be: Great promo...

asked May 28 '14 at 20:29
Blank
Toby Hardage
12 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Reasons to raise money from investors?

For what reasons do most startups raise money? What are the most common items startups that raise $1M+ spend it on?

asked Mar 19 '14 at 16:29
Blank
Kimberly Deleon
30 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Minimum traction before approaching investors?

For a company that doesn't monetize yet, how many registered users should it have before starting to approach investors to raise a seed round?

asked Feb 27 '14 at 23:55
Blank
Freddie Henry
95 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
How can nonprofit startups raise capital?

Investors invest for one thing and one thing only, return on their investment. How can a nonprofit startup that is trying to give back to the community raise any funds? All existing funding...

asked Feb 6 '14 at 20:19
Blank
Sondra
11 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Traction for seed funding: free or paying users?

This topic was touched on in a fairly general abstract way in another post, but I'd like to put the question based on these specifics. Here is the business: Consumer internet web app Freemium...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 19:00
Blank
Seven Dials
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
How to estimate a competitor's ballpark income?

I imagine this is a very tricky question but hopefully I can get a few insights here. I am currently wrapping up a personal project (SaaS) that is aimed at a fairly new niche market. There is a...

asked Aug 17 '13 at 17:30
Blank
Silk Admin
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
How to set convertible note cap fairly?

We're a software startup and are raising a convertible note seed round. The investors insist on having both a discount and a cap. I have a pretty good understanding of how the discount works but...

asked Jun 22 '13 at 08:05
Blank
Steve
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.7K Views
quickest way to raise funds (partially)

If the round is 500k but we need 50k today What's the best way to structure this? (get some money transferred to our bank account/doesn't have to be the entire amount) Equity or convertible notes?...

asked Mar 17 '13 at 04:02
Blank
Tim
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How common is it to raise money for a company that will provide a variety of unrelated products?

My partner and I have come up with a unique technology that can provide a solution to many small scale problems. We've been working on the technology full-time for the past 5 months and now we are...

asked Feb 20 '13 at 19:57
Blank
Daniel
18 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.28K Views
How should I pre-sell software that right now is in development and looks ugly?

We're almost finished developing our first test build of an iPad app for small businesses wholesale companies. It is black and white, no style, design or anything. It basically does the core...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 14:29
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Do startups need to incorporate to receive funding?

If a startup is going to take venture capital, is it necessary to incorporate so shares can be exchanged to the VC firm? Is it the same with angel or individual investors?

asked Jan 19 '13 at 14:02
Blank
4th Space
125 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
Talking to investors whose portfolio company is a competitor

We're trying to decide whether or not to talk to an investor who has invested in a lot of companies, and one of them has some overlap with our product but has a different business model (b2b vs...

asked Jan 5 '13 at 08:13
Blank
User22400
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Can I use crowd-funding to switch to an open-source model?

I am the technical founder of a 4-years-old startup. After two rounds of funding with small European VCs, some very good customers (government agencies, big retail customer, ...), a unique product...

asked Dec 13 '12 at 07:34
Blank
Math
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Evaluating an online venture on the basis of user acquisition and traffic

How can I evaluate my online venture on the basis of traffic and user acquisition to estimate the value of my company and do financial projections. Say, an online venture has 1000 registered users...

asked Sep 19 '12 at 03:42
Blank
Sourabh
288 points