Fundraising Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Different stages of funding for a new startup?

What are the different stages that a seed-stage startup goes through while getting funded? i.e. things like: Connect with junior associates at VCs Pitch to VC partner Pitch to all partners at the...

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.13K Views
When to start seeking funding from angel investors?

I'm currently bootstrapping my startup with about $25,000 of my own savings. We've validated the idea by talking to potential customers well before we even started developing the product.We're...

0 Votes
0 Answers
How to prepare to raise money from VCs?

What are the most likely questions that VCs ask startup founders? And what questions should I be asking myself before even getting started with raising our seed round?

0 Votes
1 Answers
Is it possible to raising funds from funding platforms before registering a company?

I'm trying to build an eCommerce company. Company registration is not yet completed, but is under process. Now I'm planning to raise capital to begin operations as soon as the company gets...

asked Jun 26 '14 at 11:15
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Is it possible to raise a small amount of money on AngelList if you don't have the product built yet?

I am a non-technical founder who has been using my own savings to create an MVP. Due to the type of product I'm building, it turned out to require more capital than expected to finish building the...

1 Votes
0 Answers
What should a good executive summary include for VCs?

What type of content should an executive summary have when a venture capitalist requests one?Any tips on things to avoid and include in an executive summary? Things like length of the summary,...

1 Votes
1 Answers
How can a pre-revenue startup raise a series A?

Without having raised a seed round or existing revenue stream, what are the variables that would allow a startup to raise a Series A?We have some decent traction on the free users end (20k users)....

asked Jul 25 '14 at 15:14
Blank
Terry Lo
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Key points for successful and quick funding?

I'm about to go for our seed funding round. Before jumping into this, I would like to get some advice from the experienced entrepreneurs. I'm starting in an eCommerce company. What are steps should...

asked Jul 29 '14 at 09:55
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
I have an idea and made the MVP! How can I get fund and commercialize it?

I have an idea and made a working proof of concept (MVP). Its a solution for organizing data and could be used in from Enterprise Digital Assets Management systems to home computers.I am looking...

asked Aug 9 '14 at 10:18
Blank
Shahab
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How can I get fund for my new software? I have MVP!

I am an experienced computer developer, I was enjoying making computer programs since I was just 10, back to 1994. And since 2001, I started to create computer software as my part time and later...

asked Aug 18 '14 at 10:45
Blank
Shahab
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Using personal credit cards to fund a new startup?

Has anyone risked using credit cards to fund their startup in the beginning? I have looked at other options like angel funding, bank loan, etc. But none of those channels is something that I can...

2 Votes
2 Answers
Tips and hacks for crowdfunding a startup on KickStarter or Indiegogo?

What are some tips to garner attention for your project on crowdfunding platforms like Indiegogo and Kickstarter?From browsing the most funded campaigns, the common elements seem to be: Great promo...

asked May 28 '14 at 20:29
Blank
Toby Hardage
12 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
Reasons to raise money from investors?

For what reasons do most startups raise money? What are the most common items startups that raise $1M+ spend it on?

asked Mar 19 '14 at 16:29
Blank
Kimberly Deleon
30 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
If you raise money from friends & family, how should you give them equity so that it doesn't effect future rounds?

How should I distribute equity to friends & family who invest money in my startup? I want to ensure that it doesn't effect any future rounds that I raise. I would like to issue them shares that...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 05:26
Blank
Harriet Delaney
65 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Minimum traction before approaching investors?

For a company that doesn't monetize yet, how many registered users should it have before starting to approach investors to raise a seed round?

asked Feb 27 '14 at 23:55
Blank
Freddie Henry
95 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How time consuming is the fund raising process?

If I'm the CEO of a 3-person company and my day to day tasks are instrumental to the company's success, how much time should I allocate to try to raise a seed round? The entire process of raising...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 15:28
Blank
Eric E.
16 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How can nonprofit startups raise capital?

Investors invest for one thing and one thing only, return on their investment. How can a nonprofit startup that is trying to give back to the community raise any funds? All existing funding...

asked Feb 6 '14 at 20:19
Blank
Sondra
11 points

-2 Votes
0 Answers
Seeking part funding through selling shares for a sartup

We are establishing a company in India with around $10 mill investment. We are planning to get $2 mill by selling shares (non promoters). would like to know how to evaluate the company, for how...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 11:38
Blank
Reg King
1 point

4 Votes
2 Answers
Traction for seed funding: free or paying users?

This topic was touched on in a fairly general abstract way in another post, but I'd like to put the question based on these specifics. Here is the business: Consumer internet web app Freemium...

asked Oct 22 '13 at 19:00
Blank
Seven Dials
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How to estimate a competitor's ballpark income?

I imagine this is a very tricky question but hopefully I can get a few insights here. I am currently wrapping up a personal project (SaaS) that is aimed at a fairly new niche market. There is a...

asked Aug 17 '13 at 17:30
Blank
Silk Admin
106 points