Angellist Questions

5 Votes
1 Answers
3.02K Views
Should you try to raise capital for a lifestyle business?

It is worth trying to raise a small amount of capital (for less than 10% equity) from angel investors for a startup that is meant to be a lifestyle business?I know that VCs would be out of the...

asked Apr 16 '14 at 20:56
Blank
Bruce Schwartz
767 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.39K Views
Has AngelList killed early-stage VCs?

Is there a point to trying to outreach to early-stage VCs when AngelList is far more convenient for startups?

asked Mar 2 '14 at 03:39
Blank
Janet Johnson
55 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
Difference between raising money on Kickstarter vs. AngelList?

What are the differences and pros / cons for each platform?Why should someone go with a Kickstarter campaign vs seeking out angel investors on platforms like AngelList?

asked Mar 25 '14 at 14:29
Blank
Lisa Yamaguchi
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.6K Views
Can you still invest in startups on AngelList if you're not an accredited investor?

My net worth doesn't reach the minimum needed to be considered an "accredited investor" by the IRS.Is there a way I can still invest in startups on AngelList?I'm not sure why they have this...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 20:15
Blank
Michael Espinoza
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Actual paperwork process when an angel wants to invest?

Once I get angel investors who'd like to invest in my startup: What are things that are required of me to have? Do I need an S-Corp or C-corp, etc? What is the exact process that happens?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 14:30
Blank
Carl Church
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Minimum traction before approaching investors?

For a company that doesn't monetize yet, how many registered users should it have before starting to approach investors to raise a seed round?

asked Feb 27 '14 at 23:55
Blank
Freddie Henry
95 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Few large investors or many small investors? Which is better?

Is trying hard to get many large VCs to invest in your company or using something like AngelList to get many smaller angel investors? What are the pros and cons of each approach?

asked Feb 4 '14 at 15:18
Blank
Rebena
17 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
What does 'Reserve' investment means on AngelList.

I have seen reserve button on AngelList while making any investment in start ups. What does it means? Are such online investments safe? Does all the investors (small/big) get share for their...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 20:09
Blank
Sandiip Patil
35 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
Is it legal to link on your web page to your startups's AngelList profile?

US-incorporated companies are prevented by the SEC from soliciting investments in exchange for private securities. How legal is it to link to your startup's profile on AngelList, for instance?

asked Feb 22 '12 at 15:13
Blank
Dan Dascalescu
168 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Wrong assumption about AngelList?

I want to figure out if what I've noticed about AngelList is correct or not. So, I have a startup, for which profile is created and populated. It's bootstrapped, and doesn't have any investors yet....

asked Jan 21 '12 at 08:15
Blank
Dmitry Grinberg
44 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Potential network on AngelList

If you have a start-up profile on AngelList you might have noticed a few "roles", or buckets that you can use to add other folks or institutions to your company's profile. Some of them are quite...

asked Aug 28 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
How to run a party angel round without a lead investor?

I have been able to get significant interest from a good number of well suited angels for my business, after many months of looking for folks who grok my industry. But now, it's the middle of the...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 15:20
Blank
Britta Riley
11 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.33K Views
Invisible start-up profiles on AngelList

I'm still trying to figure out what influences which start-up is visible and which is not on AngelList. Partially, I think it has to do with the personal preferences of the folks at the AngelList,...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 02:18
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.4K Views
How to find and approach Angel investors when you have no substantial connection to them

My network of people around me is almost nil. I am currently developing a software application. My partner and I are looking to find funding to hire a couple developers to finish our product and...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 06:32
Blank
Aaron
124 points

23 Votes
8 Answers
5.67K Views
Any experience with AngelList as startup?

AngelList sends almost hourly Tweets about Angels joining in, however I never heard anything about start-ups. Has anyone given it a shot or thought? How long does the application process takes?...

asked Nov 17 '10 at 04:33
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points