Angellist Questions

1 Votes
0 Answers
Assets needed to provide angel investors?

Apart from a pitch deck, what assets should I have ready to send to investors on AngelList?Since all the deals on AngelList are done remotely (unless the investor is local to you and you meet them...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:59
Blank
Kris Vesey
7 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Warning signs of a bad investor when using AngelList?

What are somethings that signal an bad fit with an investor when trying to raise money on AngelList?

asked Jun 11 '14 at 17:56
Blank
William Blair
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Finding angel investors outside of AngelList?

What are some ways to reach angel investors outside of platforms like AngelList? How did angel deals happen before it even existed?Would it be fair to say that most deals now only happen on their...

asked Jun 17 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Charles Wilson
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Is it possible to raise a small amount of money on AngelList if you don't have the product built yet?

I am a non-technical founder who has been using my own savings to create an MVP. Due to the type of product I'm building, it turned out to require more capital than expected to finish building the...

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to figure out the best angel investors for you on AngelList?

Not all investors are alike. So how do you filter out the bad ones on platforms like AngelList?We are looking to raise $250K on their platform. Attracting popular names likes Dave Mclure is tough...

asked Jun 30 '14 at 23:13
Blank
Charles Savoy
9 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
How often do you have to "report" to VCs after you take seed funding from them?

If we raise a small seed round on AngelList (less than $300K), at what intervals do we have to give status updates to the investors?Also, what kind of stuff should we update them on? Here is what I...

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.2K Views
Should you try to raise capital for a lifestyle business?

It is worth trying to raise a small amount of capital (for less than 10% equity) from angel investors for a startup that is meant to be a lifestyle business?I know that VCs would be out of the...

asked Apr 16 '14 at 20:56
Blank
Bruce Schwartz
767 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.22K Views
Has AngelList killed early-stage VCs?

Is there a point to trying to outreach to early-stage VCs when AngelList is far more convenient for startups?

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.56K Views
Difference between raising money on Kickstarter vs. AngelList?

What are the differences and pros / cons for each platform?Why should someone go with a Kickstarter campaign vs seeking out angel investors on platforms like AngelList?

asked Mar 25 '14 at 14:29
Blank
Lisa Yamaguchi
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.18K Views
Best alternative to AngelList?

Which are the best alternatives to AngelList to raise seed-stage money from angel investors?

asked Mar 25 '14 at 16:29
Blank
Jeffery Young
20 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How do angel investors verify traction numbers?

If you're raising money on AngelList, how does an investor verify your claims of traction (it could be paid customers for a saas company or just traffic).

asked Mar 16 '14 at 22:56
Blank
Harvey Nash
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.37K Views
Can you still invest in startups on AngelList if you're not an accredited investor?

My net worth doesn't reach the minimum needed to be considered an "accredited investor" by the IRS.Is there a way I can still invest in startups on AngelList?I'm not sure why they have this...

asked Mar 15 '14 at 20:15
Blank
Michael Espinoza
15 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
Actual paperwork process when an angel wants to invest?

Once I get angel investors who'd like to invest in my startup: What are things that are required of me to have? Do I need an S-Corp or C-corp, etc? What is the exact process that happens?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 14:30
Blank
Carl Church
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.31K Views
Angel List doesn't allow deleting your account?

Due to a legal issue we need to delete our AngelList profile, but can't find any option to delete.Is there a way? I can't understand why they won't let you delete yourself from their system. Kind...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 11:32
Blank
Jeffrey O'neill
25 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Minimum traction before approaching investors?

For a company that doesn't monetize yet, how many registered users should it have before starting to approach investors to raise a seed round?

asked Feb 27 '14 at 23:55
Blank
Freddie Henry
95 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How many startups in total have raised money using AngelList?

Are there any statistics on how many total startups have used AngelList till date to successfully raise money?Would you say there is room for another service like AngelList?

asked Feb 26 '14 at 14:58
Blank
Joyce Paulson
45 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Is it possible to get funded by angel investors in the US if my startup is located abroad?

We're an app development startup in India with a few apps that have received a little bit of usage. Is it possible for an international company to be listed on AngelList and get funding remotely?...

asked Feb 19 '14 at 02:58
Blank
Rajeev
16 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to stand out on AngelList and attract attention?

With so many startups listed on AngelList, how do you stand out from the crowd to put your company in front of potential angels? I feel it's getting harder and harder to make AngelList work for...

asked Feb 13 '14 at 20:18
Blank
Sebastian
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Few large investors or many small investors? Which is better?

Is trying hard to get many large VCs to invest in your company or using something like AngelList to get many smaller angel investors? What are the pros and cons of each approach?

asked Feb 4 '14 at 15:18
Blank
Rebena
17 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
What does 'Reserve' investment means on AngelList.

I have seen reserve button on AngelList while making any investment in start ups. What does it means? Are such online investments safe? Does all the investors (small/big) get share for their...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 20:09
Blank
Sandiip Patil
35 points