Investing Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.37K Views
I want to start angel investing with revenue I'm generating from my business: how do I find good startups to invest in?

I have a B2B application that is starting to generate a good amount of profit. Since I don't have any investors and reinvesting as much as I can already to grow my business, I want to start...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Joy Joy
24 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
VCs that thought Bitcoin is the next big thing: why invest in Bitcoin related startups instead of just directly buying Bitcoins?

So many Bitcoin related startups have landed money from popular VCs. Who all claim that it's the next biggest thing.If that's the case, why not just buy the actual currency where you're likely have...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 13:42
Blank
Darla Page
40 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
I have $50,000 that I want to invest in startups? Where do I start?

I want to begin using $50K of my savings to invest in other seed-stage startups. How do I get started?What are some strategies for picking startups with the best odds of a positive ROI?

asked Mar 19 '14 at 19:43
Blank
Brandon Nicholson
145 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.02K Views
My self-funded startup has nice cash flow... best way to put that money to work?

I have a small network of niche content sites and they are generate a good amount of revenue from Adsense. There is very little I can spend the money on grow the business because of the niche in...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 11:34
Blank
Ronald Kiser
60 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.21K Views
Providing startup capital: liquidate rental property or take a personal loan?

A friend of mine is starting his own company based off my proof of concept and we have arrived at two alternatives for me to help him out financially in this endeavor in regards to rental property...

asked Nov 27 '13 at 10:25
Blank
F1 Student In Us
141 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Meeting with "right" folks?

I have developed a brand new product that meets all the financial (cost / price / marketetr size, etc.) hurdles, as well as the operational constraints (size, weight, strength, portability,...

asked Mar 11 '13 at 12:03
Blank
Charlie
1 point

6 Votes
2 Answers
3.27K Views
Someone wants to invest money in my company to startup carpet cleaning business?

So I own a Commercial & Residential cleaning service. So far my company is pretty small and our work load is not tremendous right now. I do a lot of move in and move out cleaning and often...

asked Sep 19 '12 at 18:58
Blank
Stuart
31 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Impact Investment/Tax Questions

I want to take some of the revenue that I generate with the for-profit business I'm starting, and use it to provide start-up social enterprises that I think are interesting with some funding to...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 06:57
Blank
P.R. Pelrain
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
How long does it take a company similiar to ebay to get investing

My Company is looking to get angel investing for a startup in order to provide more resources/time to various aspects of our business. How long does it take to sway an angel to invest? I know this...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 09:58
Blank
Meow
137 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.79K Views
How much of this company should I as -and angel investor own?

I current own my own business and make quite a bit of profit. Well I am looking into other things and found some friends that have a good idea that I am interested in. These friends only have the...

asked Oct 24 '11 at 04:46
Blank
Cappy
26 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
How are investment funding valued when invested in a company before it goes public?

Is there are particular method for banks or individuals when their capital is invested in the company before going public. To make it more clear how was Facebook Inc. and Goldman Sachs deal valued...

asked Oct 10 '11 at 21:11
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Assessing the value of startup company for investment

We are a start up company set up 14 months ago. We were building few products which we could not finish yet. we plan to finish it in another 6 months. Since our initial budget were very low. We had...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 10:57
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Approach Investor without business plan but you are building what he said he would invest in?

I was just watching some interview of an investor. I was shocked to hear when he described the idea he would invest in is very similar if not exact thing to what we are developing. He said send me...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 15:28
Blank
Gagan
150 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.19K Views
Does it make sense, if someone invest $100k on me and I'd only require $90k, I take $10k and invest it back on some other people?

Does it make sense, if someone invest $100k on me and I'd only require $90k, I take $10k and invest it back on some other people?

asked Sep 1 '11 at 18:20
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

9 Votes
5 Answers
2.52K Views
Looking for investment while still working full-time

I had it in my head (since I need my salary to pay my bills) that I would continue working full-time until either a) the business earned enough that I could quite or more likely b) we secured seed...

asked May 14 '11 at 00:10
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.94K Views
Term sheet for family member?

When getting funding from family and friends, are term sheets necessary? The family member I've approached is more interested in becoming an investor, rather than owning convertible debt. Every...

asked May 3 '11 at 00:05
Blank
Shaun
71 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.4K Views
How to find and approach Angel investors when you have no substantial connection to them

My network of people around me is almost nil. I am currently developing a software application. My partner and I are looking to find funding to hire a couple developers to finish our product and...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 06:32
Blank
Aaron
124 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Should we use "trigger event" investment milestones for additional rounds of capital?

One of our advisors recently suggested we consider using "trigger events" for our second round of capital. Along the lines of "I'll commit $50K now and if you get to 25K registered users by 6/30,...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 03:32
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
3.75K Views
Where to invest $ 5000?

Is it possible to start some startup with this money? If someone have some success stories to share with us it would be more than welcome.

asked Oct 11 '09 at 02:55
Blank
Vaske
121 points