Angel Investors Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.25K Views
When to start seeking funding from angel investors?

I'm currently bootstrapping my startup with about $25,000 of my own savings. We've validated the idea by talking to potential customers well before we even started developing the product.We're...

1 Votes
0 Answers
Assets needed to provide angel investors?

Apart from a pitch deck, what assets should I have ready to send to investors on AngelList?Since all the deals on AngelList are done remotely (unless the investor is local to you and you meet them...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:59
Blank
Kris Vesey
7 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Warning signs of a bad investor when using AngelList?

What are somethings that signal an bad fit with an investor when trying to raise money on AngelList?

asked Jun 11 '14 at 17:56
Blank
William Blair
9 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
Raised $500K from angel investors: if startup doesn't work, can we start a new company with those funds?

I guess the common term for this in the valley would be to pivot.If we raised money from angel investors, and it turned out the startup isn't going to succeed, could we pivot the company to a...

asked Jun 15 '14 at 19:13
Blank
Kent Campbell
17 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Finding angel investors outside of AngelList?

What are some ways to reach angel investors outside of platforms like AngelList? How did angel deals happen before it even existed?Would it be fair to say that most deals now only happen on their...

asked Jun 17 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Charles Wilson
9 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Is it possible to raise a small amount of money on AngelList if you don't have the product built yet?

I am a non-technical founder who has been using my own savings to create an MVP. Due to the type of product I'm building, it turned out to require more capital than expected to finish building the...

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to figure out the best angel investors for you on AngelList?

Not all investors are alike. So how do you filter out the bad ones on platforms like AngelList?We are looking to raise $250K on their platform. Attracting popular names likes Dave Mclure is tough...

asked Jun 30 '14 at 23:13
Blank
Charles Savoy
9 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
I want to start angel investing with revenue I'm generating from my business: how do I find good startups to invest in?

I have a B2B application that is starting to generate a good amount of profit. Since I don't have any investors and reinvesting as much as I can already to grow my business, I want to start...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Joy Joy
24 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Early stage startup acqui-hire: will it hurt being able to raise funding in future?

If an early stage startup, that has raised a seed round from angels, decided to get acqui-hired by another company. Will that hurt the founders' ability to raise money for a future venture?In an...

2 Votes
1 Answers
Should I allow well wishers to participate as investors?

I have raised seed money from institutional investors. While I am going through the final documentation stage, three of my business well wishers are requesting to participate in this round as angel...

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.18K Views
Figuring out how much equity to give to angel investors for seed capital?

My startup is in the very early stages. We have a very raw prototype and haven't launched yet and so have no revenue either.Two angel investors are interested in putting $20,000 each in our startup...

asked May 30 '15 at 13:41
Blank
Darlene Vera
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.21K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.55K Views
How likely is it for solo founders to raise seed-stage capital from top angels and VCs?

Are the odds against me for raising money unless I get a co-founder first? I'm a non-technical founder who is building a product similar to ThemeForst (a marketplace for designs).If two startups...

asked Apr 17 '14 at 13:12
Blank
Mark Martel
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
How do new entrepreneurs successfully approach angel investors?

As a recent entrepreneur, what is the best way to approach investors in order to raise a seed round for my startup? I don't have any contacts that can introduce me to investors they know.

asked Sep 11 '14 at 19:29
Blank
Michael Ridgway
7 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
How often do you have to "report" to VCs after you take seed funding from them?

If we raise a small seed round on AngelList (less than $300K), at what intervals do we have to give status updates to the investors?Also, what kind of stuff should we update them on? Here is what I...

1 Votes
0 Answers
Doing background check of a VC before accepting their money?

How should one perform a thorough background check / due diligence of a VC or angel investor? Not everyone offering your money is going to be good for your startup, so how do you weed out the bad...

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.37K Views
Average salary of a seed stage funded founder?

Assuming a startup raised a round smaller than $500K, what should the founder's salary be? The startup is located in San Francisco, so the cost of living is pretty high. Would angel investors be...

asked May 22 '14 at 12:57
Blank
Sylvia Rubio
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Do you need financial projections when raising seed-stage capital from angel investors?

What kind of future financial projections do angel investors want to see for a early stage startup? I've seem companies provide projections when they are raising a Series A round or higher, but is...

asked May 22 '14 at 15:00
Blank
Vernon Hampton
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
How should I structure borrowed money from friends & family before raising money from investors?

If I raised $10K from friends & family to build my startup, and then later on try to get funding from angel investors, how do I structure the initial loan?I would ideally want to pay back my...

asked May 20 '14 at 19:10
Blank
Opal Robinson
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
Do you have to get all expenses approved by investors?

We will soon be raising a seed-stage round of financing from angel investors. Do startups have to get expenditures approved by investors if they will hold controlling interest in the business? What...

asked May 16 '14 at 12:55
Blank
Tonya Latham
9 points