Deck Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Can a pitch deck be used for things other than raising money?

We have spent a lot of time creating variations of pitch decks for our business and closed a small angel round. Could we continue to use the decks for other purposes now that funding is over?What...

asked May 13 '14 at 14:13
Blank
Leann Dement
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.61K Views
What should be in a seed-round pitch deck for investors?

What data do angel investors want to see in a pitch deck? Better yet, are there any public successful pitch decks that people have used to raise over $500K from angels?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 13:36
Blank
Robert Collins
160 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
Pitch Deck - Financial Projections for an Internet Startup

I'm building a pitch deck for an internet startup. I've read other financial projections and pro-formas which have quite irrelevant accounting. Our main expenses are simply server costs --...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 10:53
Blank
Delos Chang
101 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Will a VC review a printed copy of my deck?

I am using PowerPoint to create our deck. I believe I can make use of a few advanced PowerPoint features (like animations) to provide a more robust presentation. However, if the VC reviews a...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 06:24
Blank
Steve Jones
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
How important is a budget when seeking early stage investment?

Once we launch our product, we intended to raise our first round of funding. The preparation has already started, including the budget. I feel that the budget should be highly detailed, realistic...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 19:40
Blank
Stu Thompson
173 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
5.81K Views
Building Pitch Deck - Financial Projections and Metrics

I'm trying to understand how much info about projections I need to put on the pitch deck. I'm assuming investors don't want all the detail... just the high level numbers (revenue, profit, growth)....

asked Apr 6 '11 at 11:23
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Is it ok to present a different pitch deck than I emailed?

I just finished a pitch deck (11 slides, with 25 slide appendix), knowing that I'll often be emailing the deck to investors to read. So it's mostly text. I'm pretty sure that if I present at a live...

asked Apr 7 '11 at 10:28
Blank
Ryan B
86 points