Fundraising Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Raise and use money on kickstarter or indiegogo

I'm interested in projects like Indiegogo and Kickstarter. Basically they are doing the same thing - helps to get money from the people who likes your idea. So when I'm raising money and asking...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 16:45
Blank
Ignas B.
103 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.22K Views
Should i give 3% equity to this Incubator?

I have recently submitted an application to receive a government grant for funding. There is a requirement, that is to be submit via an incubator. I contacted an incubator and they are ok with...

asked Aug 6 '12 at 22:59
Blank
Slay
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Just went live and need funding- what do I need to prove?

I just launched an online platform that allows inidividuals to video chat based on their interests. Unfortunately, Sean Parker launched a similar concept last week but it just means we are both on...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 13:01
Blank
Kumar
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Seek advices: Raise Money or not?

I've $100,000 from my personal money for a new company. I was thinking about going to Austin, TX, as I've heard Silicon Valley is more to raise money than to actually develop apps. Viewing all the...

asked May 25 '12 at 23:55
Blank
Hartator
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Starting a donations fund through a website and drop boxes

I am in the process of starting a website to raise funds for school supplies to be donated to local grammar school aged children and want to contact some local business about using them as a drop...

asked May 4 '12 at 07:59
Blank
Renae
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
How to divide equity among 6 founders when you desire to also get VC funding

I am looking to create a company with 6 founders. Reason being...I need them all and they are all genius. Because they are all already highly compensated at great companies, equity will be my only...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 10:02
Blank
Dustin
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.98K Views
How did Twitter/Quora persuade investors as they didnt/dont have a business model?

I wonder, how did Quora persuaded their investors as they don't make revenue and even they don't have any revenue model as far as I know. The question is same again for twitter ( I know they sell...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 15:54
Blank
To Rr0t
69 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.87K Views
How effective are crowdsourcing sites like Techmoola.com and Kickstarter.com to raise seed money for tech companies?

I recently started a medical tech company in Chicago and want to know what would be some common dos and don’ts when approaching crowdsourcing and group funding? Although I read more and more in the...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 07:33
Blank
Tom
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
How detached is Shark Tank (Dragon's Den) TV?

There is a chance we will be entering our first round of VC meetings soon, and I am mildly addicted to the show Shark Tank and its predecessor Dragon's Den (UK). There is a similar thread on this...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 11:03
Blank
Laramie
192 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
1.94K Views
idea with 7 months of development by my own. what can I do from here?

I have got an idea which is new in concept and is based on the cellular market. I am a programmer, an animator and I can do graphics and presentations. I am definitely NOT a business man, and for...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 21:51
Blank
Ted
118 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.28K Views
Whats next step? Am starting a Dropshipping company in India. I'll start with say 200 to 1000 shirts

I believe this will work here in India since there are more and more people willing to earn extra sitting right at their home. This gives a scope for future in dropshipping business. As am being in...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 20:07
Blank
Karthic
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.69K Views
What are the requirements for raising capital for IPO through private placement?

Well I am trying to raise capital for upcoming IPO's.I would appreciate for the answer of these questions. 1.What are the requirements for raising capital by Private placement memorandum...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 21:29
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
Resources for raising funds in NY

I need to start fund raising so I can hire developers to finish completion of my product and start selling it and actually making some money. At the moment I have a presentation and a partly...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 16:17
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points