Culture Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.62K Views
Actionable ways to create a company culture where everyone believes more in the idea than getting a paycheck?

What are some actionable things a founder does to create a company culture where people are motivated by the vision, and not just getting paid?Also, what are some resources you'd recommend reading...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 19:25
Blank
Bernard Childs
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
Should you judge a candidate on cultural fit if they wear a suit to the interview?

For startups, if a potential candidate comes for an interview wearing a suit, is that a flag that they might not be a cultural fit?

asked May 30 '14 at 22:45
Blank
Ellen Davenport
7 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
100% remote teams: how do you collaboration?

What tools and strategies do you recommend for 100% remote teams to collaborate? Our team of 6 is spread across the globe. Also, how can you create a company culture in such a case?

asked May 14 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Patty Balderas
14 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4K Views
Tried and tested startup ideas that can be done in developing countries?

Which successful startup ideas that cross cultural barriers can be started in developing countries where there is little to no competition (and the market is up for grabs)?

asked Mar 21 '14 at 17:28
Blank
Jackie Davis
55 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
We have a suit & tie kind of culture: how do we attract designers to hire?

We're an enterprise services company and while there are no rules, everyone just automatically prefers to be dressed "old school".This has created a problem for us to attract designers in the bay...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 17:32
Blank
Michael Nall
30 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Doubtful about going to a startup week-end

A couple of time I heard about people quite interesting by entrepreneurship, but not sure of themselves. They have no strong design or technical backgrounds and they don't necessarily feel skilled...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 03:56
Blank
As Te R
115 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Do Open Finances and Wages Build Trust in a Company?

Please only answer if you have personal experience with this topic. I've been hearing of more and more companies that choose to openly display their finances and/or employee wages to all employees...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 02:25
Blank
Jeremiah Prummer
441 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
How to convince employees of small business to make a difference in the world?

I am owner of a small start up web+mobile development company. We are 2 full time programmers (including myself) and 4 part time programmers. I asked my team a question: Do you think it's important...

asked Sep 4 '11 at 14:07
Blank
John
170 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.17K Views
What is more important for people to create startups? Money, ideas, passions?

What makes some people so brave not to join a "regular" company but to create their own? I mean, if we got some good ideas or money, or like to say, big passions, are enough for opening the startups?

asked May 12 '11 at 00:24
Blank
Vance
33 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
What did you do to make your marketing material appropriate for entering a new cultural market?

What did you do to make your marketing material appropriate for entering a new cultural market? Have you gone through the process of translating and customizing the material of your website to work...

asked Apr 1 '11 at 13:52
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.52K Views
Advice/Resources on Performance Reviews for Employees

We're getting ready to formalize our processes around employee reviews and I wondered if anyone had some great advice and/or links to articles/resources that are valuable on the subject. I've never...

asked Nov 25 '09 at 04:30
Blank
Randfish
1,001 points

14 Votes
17 Answers
4.59K Views
Best guiding principle for establishing a startup culture where employees "bleed the company's colors"?

We've all heard tips & tricks for establishing great work cultures, but executing on it isn't easy. If you could only give one tip, what would be the thing that would rally the entire team...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 10:59
Blank
Craig Daniel
223 points