Team Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Is it necessary to have a Co-founder and team and then go to VC

I have single-handedly written all code needed for an alpha/beta till date. Now i want to go beta and hire marketing professionals and a developer. For that i need money and VC funds. Shall i...

asked Apr 13 '12 at 23:02
Blank
aditya tiwari
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
How much equity should an active investor get in an early stage of a startup?

I'm the only executive, I have 100% of the shares, I have 4 employees.I built the prototype on my own and I'm almost launching. This person has intense experience in tech but not as an investor....

asked Mar 24 '12 at 16:26
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Startup Equity Distribution / Investor Equity

Thanks for taking time to read my post and sorry for the loaded questions -- please read patiently to help me. Here is the scenario: Founder has the startup idea vetted 3.5 years ago -- but never...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 17:55
Blank
Sandra Mistry
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Dealing with uncooperative co-founders

Just Started a business with some co-founders. How do I set up a system so that: When a co-founder is unwilling to work/cooperate with the rest of the team He/she is removed Thanks

asked Mar 7 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Tommy T
11 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.02K Views
Can/Do different departments work together?

Or are they isolated, where developers keep to themselves and sales people keep to themselves? Is there a need for developers to even collaborate with sales or marketing people, for example? Im...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 22:00
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
research resources for starting a sports team/franchise

I'm thinking of starting up a minor sports team in the world of e-sports and I'd like to model it after the more well-known models in hockey and football. I've tried going to the official websites...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 06:39
Blank
Patrickgamer
234 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
At what point should we apply to an incubator?

General Question: Given that incubators are focused on early-stage companies, how far along should a startup be before it applies for consideration by an incubator? How strong must the team (and...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Caligirl
204 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.4K Views
How to find a good team member online?

So, I started working on a project, and I have a shortage of good team members. The project is kind of secret and I would not like to share details about the project. I could advertise on the web...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 04:44
Blank
C0da
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.91K Views
Splitting up revenue among development team members on Apple's app store

A friend and I have started developing an app to put on Apple's app store. Development is going fine, but thinking ahead, we're trying to come up with an easy way to share any revenue coming from...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 12:17
Blank
Itai Ferber
123 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Price, cost, profit, on-demand software by enterprise to "us"

we are 2 developers that have been working for a consultancy doing a mobile app for about a year, now we are ending our contracts. The enterprise that has contracted our actual/anterior...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Tyoc213
41 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Build the team of a start up software business working on contract projects?

What is a popular way to build the team of a start up software business that takes on contract work from other companies? Additional info I founded a small company with a team of web+mobile...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 09:20
Blank
John
170 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Employee Payment - From an Investor's Prospective

In the development stage of launching a start up. I am initially outsourcing the development as I am not located in a place where there is an abundance of programmers. The dev timeline is 6 weeks....

asked Jul 5 '11 at 12:41
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
When a startup should hire a sys admin?

The startup is growing and you have now 5 full-time devs on your team. You have an older application which is up and running in production and a new web application almost ready to be released. You...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 18:49
Blank
Dervlap
28 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.04K Views
Code Review & System (Re)Architecture

I've recently been brought on with a small startup to serve as their technical advisor to a group of developers offshore. The product is an ASP .NET WebForms application. One of my first tasks was...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 01:24
Blank
Yuck
257 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.57K Views
Does it make sense for a SaaS company to also do consulting work?

As a SaaS company we have an entire team in place to do web and application development. Effectively, we have one client: ourselves. Would it make sense for us to take on consulting clients as an...

asked May 16 '11 at 12:27
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3K Views
How do you hire your first people to your startup?

I really wonder how do you hire your first employees if you were working on an internet startup alone. I really wonder if there are experienced people which started their startup alone and expand...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 14:08
Blank
To Rr0t
69 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Project In A Week / development bootcamp

Our team is thinking of doing a "Project In A Week" (bootcamp), and I'm interested to know if anyone else has experience of doing this or has any advice? The idea behind it is to get away from the...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 02:21
Blank
Tim S
111 points

14 Votes
5 Answers
3.38K Views
When to drop a co-founder?

There are some excellent posts on how to select a co-founder and what qualities you should look for. I firmly believe in 'try it out', and have been for about 5 months. In that time I've also come...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 10:51
Blank
Rsg
313 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
2.69K Views
Creating camaraderie among people who never see each other

I have a team of people scattered across time zones and the world. Most of these people have never been face-to-face with even one of their colleagues. Most have never heard anyone else's voice. We...

asked Feb 27 '11 at 08:08
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How to answer "How Did You and Your Cofounders Meet?"

At tech events and when talking with investors I'm often asked where myself and my cofounder know each other from. Beyond the obvious, what kind of information are people looking get a better...

asked Feb 11 '11 at 08:37
Blank
Derek Dahmer
306 points