Apple Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
How to submit iOS apps to Apple as a company, instead of an individual developer?

I have a developer account already that I pay $99/year for. How can I (and should I) submit apps as my LLC instead?Does that offer any benefits apart from users seeing a company that made the app?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 00:26
Blank
George Lopez
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.05K Views
Objective-C or the new Swift for developing iOS apps?

Apple released Swift yesterday at WWDC. It's a high level programming language that is going to make developing iOS apps much easier for new programmers.I know neither Objective-C or Swift at the...

asked Jun 4 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Theresa Darrell
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
iOS App Store models: Paid or Free with in-app purchases?

I'm in the process of hiring someone on ODesk to create a first version of an iOS app idea I have. In your experience, which type of model generates more revenue? A paid app from the get-go or a...

asked Feb 5 '14 at 21:54
Blank
Chrissie Gray
1,107 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
What recourse do you have if Apple or Google bans your popular app?

I have a fairly popular app on iOS and launching the Android version soon. I read news to today about a developer whose really popular app was banned by Google just because they allowed their users...

asked Feb 3 '14 at 13:32
Blank
Bryant Valdez
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.94K Views
Can I publish my game in iTunes with a name different from that in my credit card?

I would like to purchase an iOS developer account from apple. My credit card name is: ABCD. And I am going to purchase the developer account with the same credit card as an Individual account(since...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:42
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.2K Views
Is it is legal to work for personal use/in another company, while working in another private firm?

I'm working as an iOS application developer for the past 2 plus years. Now I would like to register my own developer account to iTunes for uploading my private apps. If I create an iOS...

asked Nov 24 '13 at 01:53
Blank
Thampuran
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
Is it legal to publish user apps from my account on iPhone App store?

I am an app developer, thinking of releasing an app development service, where I can charge my customers monthly or annually and release their apps from my account on app store. Will this violate...

asked Aug 12 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Happyhardik
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
iphone app revenue statistics

Does anyone know if there is any way possible to find revenue statistics for iPhone apps? I am aware of how secretive Apple is with the App Store but is there any way even if its not very...

asked May 13 '13 at 05:43
Blank
Dimitris
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
What if there is a similar named iPhone app already in the app store?

I am about to submit my first app to the Apple app store. Let's say that it is called "GreatClock". There is already an app on the market called "great clock". There is some variable spelling,...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 14:05
Blank
User35610
13 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Why is selling in the Apple Appstore less profitable in Europe than in the US?

As you can see here, Apple appstore application sales in Europe are not as profitable for developers. To talk precisely, if you sell an app: in USA for 3.99 USD, you earn 2.80 USD in Europe for...

asked Sep 27 '12 at 20:05
Blank
Noway
192 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Selling ebooks on iTunes - not US resident

I decided to sell my ebook on iTunes and searched for it. I read official faq and found out that I needed a US Tax ID (EIN, I think). Then, I searched for it and found out that I needed an ITIN...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 21:23
Blank
Noway
192 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
15.8K Views
Who handles sales tax on apps (android on google play, ios on appstore, android on amazon app store)?

Ok, I am a one person developer and I have an android app on the google app store I also have it published on the amazon app store. I plan on eventually publishing a version on the apple store as...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 05:11
Blank
S.A.Jay
20 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
How to pivot to mobile app from website

During the last year I've been creating a niche review site and though the traffic is not quite where I want it to be yet, I believe that I will be the leader in this space pretty soon. My...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 22:56
Blank
Sam
509 points

8 Votes
7 Answers
7.48K Views
Apple Developer Program. What level of DUNS service do we need?

We are a startup and trying to register for the Apple Developer Program. Apple requires a DUNS number for it, and the Apple Developer website says that we can get one for FREE from D and B. We...

asked Jul 10 '12 at 02:12
Blank
Royal1122
252 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.07K Views
Developing an app, android or ios first?

These days most apps support both ios and android. But which one would be the best to get done first? What are the pros and cons of either way? We want to launch a closed beta and get as many users...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 09:29
Blank
Mugetsu
143 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.04K Views
Revenue from iOS apps with Apple's iAds

I have a free iOS app with about 2000 daily active users. I just submitted an app update that includes Apple's iAds. Now I'm curious about how much revenue I can generate with this user count. I...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 13:16
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
steps required to receive payments from app store as a non-US resident

I'm a non-US citizen and have a couple of free iOS applications in the app store. Now, i want to create non-free versions, but i'm trying to gather what are the requirements that i would need in...

asked May 21 '12 at 00:29
Blank
Lurscher
101 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.13K Views
How much Apple will cut my revenue from selling items (e.g. shirts) in an iPhone app?

I'm developing a "free" iphone app for selling shirts based in an Asian country. The payment method is by credit cards or wire transfer, not by Apple's in-app purchases. Does Apple allow this kind...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 18:19
Blank
Killua
68 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.85K Views
Splitting up revenue among development team members on Apple's app store

A friend and I have started developing an app to put on Apple's app store. Development is going fine, but thinking ahead, we're trying to come up with an easy way to share any revenue coming from...

asked Nov 22 '11 at 12:17
Blank
Itai Ferber
123 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
Does Apple allow me to sell a free iPad App that accesses content paid for separately (not thru Apple)?

We have an app on Mac and PC and are considering an iPad version. I'd like to have a free iPad version that users get but can only access the content if they bought the PC or Mac version. (This...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 03:43
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points