Publicity Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
How to nudge journalists to link to your site when they mention it in their articles?

Would it be inappropriate to directly ask journalists to link any mention of your site in their articles?There are occasions where I've spoken to writers and provided feedback as a source, and the...

asked Jul 7 '14 at 18:52
Blank
Nishank Khanna
4,253 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
Marketing strategy for a niche social network?

I am developing a social network for writers and readers, which focuses on creating tools to write and manage your books, as well as funding them until I have managed to make some contacts with...

asked Jul 11 '14 at 14:32
Blank
Odilio Noronha
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.53K Views
What is the low hanging fruit in driving traffic to a new website?

We are a few weeks away from launching our web app and getting marketing strategy in order.What are the "low hanging fruit" ways to drive traffic to a new website which isn't known or have any...

asked Jul 26 '14 at 02:12
Blank
Fabiola Phillips
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Best way to convert media exposure into site traffic?

What are some strategies to maximize any media exposure that my site gets?Things like how can I use it to get even more exposure, converting that traffic, etc.

asked Feb 26 '14 at 22:17
Blank
Eric Rodriguez
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Is any press good press for a startup?

If a startup were to get some questionable press in the media, would it still be considered a good marketing strategy? Granted that negative press might tarnish a large company's brand. But...

2 Votes
1 Answers
Are PR distribution services worth the money?

I'm thinking of doing a press release (with a unique spin on it, not just announcing the launch of the startup) with a PR distribution service like PRWeb. Is the worth the money? If you've used it...

asked Apr 3 '14 at 09:55
Blank
John Grant
11 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
9.28K Views
How to get PR / publicity for your startup?

For someone who is not in a popular incubator like YC or 500Startups, how could you get journalists or blogs to write an article about you? It seems for those startups it's very easy as the...

asked Jan 31 '14 at 18:46
Blank
Tim
670 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Removing or pushing down negative press articles?

Is it possible to get negative publicity about your startup buried in the search results by buying thousands of low quality links to it?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 20:45
Blank
Belinda Harris
60 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Should you contact a journalist by alternative methods right after sending email?

Since journalists get so many emails, would it make sense to try to reach them via alternative methods right after sending the email. Maybe via Twitter, Facebook, calling them if a number is...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 11:17
Blank
Jordan Mayhugh
155 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
How to start relationship with journalists?

How do you get started with creating relationships with journalists and bloggers that cover your niche? Almost everyone mentions creating one-on-one relationships to grow your business, but I...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 04:06
Blank
Melany Brawley
140 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Average cost of hiring a PR firm?

We have a mobile app and thinking about hiring a PR agency to help promote it.How much does a decent PR firm charge?What types of pricing structures would you recommend using with a PR firm?

asked Mar 4 '14 at 09:22
Blank
Mai Latshaw
45 points