Clients Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Creating a business from a customized application solution?

I have been working on a medium sized web application for a large client, on site, for 3 years. I work as a contractor on the project, handling most of the coding, but the application itself and...

asked Jul 19 '12 at 02:01
Blank
User357320
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Employees working for other companies?

Our company is a small, Eastern European outsourcing firm, focusing on PHP, .NET, and mobile development projects). As our company is trying to get off the ground, and since we don't have much...

asked May 27 '12 at 18:51
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
How to take on a bankrupt client?

If a company is already in bankruptcy, but wants to engage my services or buy my product, what should I be aware of? Is that just a completely dumb idea? What can I do to protect myself?

asked Apr 12 '12 at 01:17
Blank
Larsenal
106 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.06K Views
How to tell a client that we're currently ALSO working with other clients without them getting upset

We haven't missed any deadlines, but the person is sending an email asking "How are things progressing?" every 4 hours or so. Sometimes though, we're working on another project and in the last 4...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 00:19
Blank
Mirov
384 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Is it alright to ask for payment for a website when it is done, but before client supplies text/images

We make websites and have frequently been in a situation where a site is finished, but the development is dragged on for another month because the client can't find the time to provide the site...

asked Nov 10 '11 at 23:40
Blank
Mirov
384 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
Taxes on freelance/consulting work

I am not sure how I should be paying taxes for freelance/consulting work. With some of my clients I just signed a consulting agreement, and an NDA and then I invoice them. They pay me via credit...

asked Oct 20 '11 at 15:56
Blank
Sheehan Alam
194 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Where and how to find customers for a starting business?

I have recently (two months ago) started up a new business in the webdesign industry/Freelance industry. Everything is going well, I am creating a lot of modules which I can re-use for every client...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 17:15
Blank
Michiel Standaert
108 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
5.41K Views
How to tell a client they are too far away for an in-person meeting?

We're students, and we don't have a car. A client would like to meet up, but at a location that isn't far to get to by car, but is a pain by subway/taxi. It would be awesome if we could handle the...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Mirov
384 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.45K Views
My foreign client requested me to send him a copy of my passport page

I am a business translator/interpreter in Hangzhou, China. A British client said that he is going to China and he will hire me as his interpreter when he is in China. He asked my bank information...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 19:48
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
5 Answers
4.35K Views
What are use-cases?

The startup I work for got asked by some potential clients to send them use cases. We are in the process of making one and I would like to ask the following questions about use-cases in general:...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 15:05
Blank
Sriram
174 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.06K Views
How to approach a client via social media, website or email?

Let's say, the web project is done, and I also have the presentation to my project. Now, how should I explain my project to my potential customer? Can I just write them on Facebook or email and...

asked Jul 16 '11 at 11:15
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
How much is a client worth?

One feature of my new web app is the evaluation and ranking of clients (it's aimed at small service providers). At the moment I have the following criteria: Size of billing Payment speed Amount...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 06:16
Blank
Steve French
621 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
Do entrepreneurs need to know how to golf?

I've heard that many entrepreneurs golf with their clients. What is the purpose of these golf outings? Is it important for an entrepreneur to know how to golf? Are there any common alternatives?

asked Jun 5 '11 at 08:49
Blank
M. Dudley
138 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
What kind of problems are people having with clients paying / how to find people who are having problems with bad debts?

I'm interested in setting up a business to help people (I'm thinking mostly self-employed professionals) deal with clients who don't pay. The plan is to have two strands: (1) buying bad debt of...

asked Apr 5 '11 at 09:41
Blank
Marcin
526 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
What are the two most effective things you've done with Twitter to drive growth for your start up?

Twitter can be a great tool to help a start up get noticed and build relationships with prospects and clients. What are the two best things you've done for your start up that leverage Twitter...

asked Mar 20 '11 at 03:48
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
E-mail marketing to prospective clients / users?

Don't laugh, but I'm working on a website idea that isn't novel in any particular way. It doesn't do anything new except service a niche industry in my world view of "better". I very well...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 05:14
Blank
John
126 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.11K Views
How do you ask a client to write a testimonial?

Any tips to collect testimonials? I have some clients. They seemed to be satisfied with my services, but they were reluctant to write a written testimonial. Please advise.

asked Feb 27 '11 at 23:42
Blank
Steven
1 point