Service Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
How to start a new ISP in a small city?

Does anyone have any insight on what it takes to start a new ISP (like Comcast, but at a smaller scale)?Do you need a significant amount of money to even get going and lay your own infrastructure?...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 14:02
Blank
Leslie Patterson
17 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.04K Views
How do offline services exchange marketplaces like AirBnB and TaskRabbit prevent users from dealing directly?

What stops users from using a platform (like AirBnB, TaskRabbit, or even eBay) just to connect, but transact directly? And thus cutting out the platform's commission from the picture?If I were to...

asked Aug 2 '14 at 17:57
Blank
Donald Barnes
17 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Inbound telephone call handling service in Australia

I am struggling to find a suitable inbound telephone call handling service in Australia that can do exactly what we want. I have researched various companies and so have two of my assistants but I...

asked Aug 5 '14 at 03:29
Blank
Garysvpa
53 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
Best ways to create value in service based businesses?

I provide design and UX consulting for startups. What are some ways to provide value so that the clients keep coming back with more business?My work is of high quality -- I'm looking for secondary...

asked Apr 28 '14 at 14:27
Blank

1 Votes
0 Answers
How to sell a service based business?

How would one go about selling a service based business where you are the core asset? For example: a medical practice, or a mobile development consultancy?

asked Mar 15 '14 at 18:05
Blank
Selena Rael
55 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Your favorite freemium services that are helpful to startups?

What are some of your top tools and services that are available for free (or have a limited free plan available)?Some examples of categories (but shouldn't be limited to these): A/B split...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 19:10
Blank
Harvey Robison
15 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
Is there such a thing as an initial equity picture evaluation service?

I am wondering if there is such a thing as a neutral, 3rd party service that provides an outside assessment to help a founding team that is ready to incorporate come to a decision on equity...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 21:32
Blank
Dan Newman
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Is "airbag" a registered trademark?

I want use the word "airbag" in combination with another word for my future online service, is this word a registered trademark ?

asked Nov 27 '13 at 23:43
Blank
Elsadek
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
Protecting the customer after using our service and avoiding system abuse?

would really appreciate some help on some difficulties I am facing: We are developing a service which connects customers with service providers on an agreed price. The customer puts up a price...

asked Oct 11 '13 at 03:58
Blank
Chuck
113 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
How much protection can the terms of service actually provide?

Context: (based in the USA) I am building an online marketplace for services and am wondering on how much protection I can get from my terms of service. I am thinking of starting this business...

asked Aug 27 '13 at 11:03
Blank
Train
23 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
launching startup: locally vs international

I have a site I am launching within the next couple of weeks. The site will be providing a service to connect people locally within there region (city,state etc..). The question is, should I...

asked Jul 6 '13 at 00:12
Blank
Justin
50 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
How do I create a service charge table

I'm planning on changing the pricing model of my company from an hourly rate to a fixed rate. If that's not clear enough here's an example: My current model is: customer asks us to install a power...

asked Nov 27 '12 at 19:46
Blank
Jared
13 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
Selling an idea in the public sector

Me and my partner are working on an idea for a text (SMS) service that we intend to pitch to the National Health Service in the UK as it could potentially save them a lot of money. However, minus...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 16:57
Blank
Sebastian
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
Paid Market Testing

I am planning at a new startup and would like to a-b-test several elements (such as the brand name / logo / sales pitch) before the actual product launch. Ideally, I would love to pay a service...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 12:01
Blank
0x90
106 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
How best to manage charge backs and returns in 3rd party aggregation model?

My partners and I are working on a startup and part of our model is acting as a 3rd party aggregator of certain services, similar to a travel agent, meaning customers pay us and we pay the service...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 19:05
Blank
Dmoore
46 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.63K Views
Fair commission for sales agent

My start-up is going to provide B2B custom software development services on a project by project basis. I have been talking to a prospective sales agent, who would take over the following...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 21:31
Blank
Phil
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
What are the various IT consulting models and the benefits and drawbacks of each?

I am pursuing an opportunity as an outside consultant to an established company, but don't really know how to package my services. Here are a couple of models I have come across: Charge a...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 06:33
Blank
J.Rightly
106 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
Phone Service for startups similar to skype number?

I was able to get a skype number for clients to call from US, but there isn't anything listed for Canada. I would like to be able to have a separate number for people to call from Canada, but...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 12:09
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
Content Filling Services

I'm making a content-driven webapp and I was wondering it there are any "Content filling" services that any of you now of? Basically these services would be used to fill the site with some nice...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 20:05
Blank
User744319
94 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
how to describe and market web applications creation service to Internet newbies

I am a web applications programmer and having created web applications for education, health and private investigations industries and seeing the value in doing this, I feel I am ready to start my...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 22:15
Blank
Angus
5 points