User Interface Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.55K Views
Should you have a dedicated "Home" link on your website or just linking the logo enough?

Is it mainstream knowledge that clicking on the logo will take you to the homepage? Or is having a dedicated link / button called "Home" better from a user experience standpoint?

asked Jul 8 '14 at 21:43
Blank
Richard Cary
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
What to do if a competitor copies your design?

We have a small B2B application and have poured a lot of energy and resources into designing a great user experience. Our closest competitor just "overhauled" their own UX and it's a blatant rip...

asked May 11 '14 at 18:25
Blank
Sheryl Garcia
2 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.3K Views
how important is user interface for a web startup

I am writing a new website. The functionality works fine but the user-interface is decent but nothing catchy (as my design and css skills are poor) It is quite clear than even an average web...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 19:37
Blank
Arahant
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Creating a one-page online review intake form

Is this something we could do ourselves quickly, perhaps with an off the shelf solution? We have no programming experience. Otherwise what language would we need to learn to do it? This does not...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 00:03
Blank
D Moore
174 points

12 Votes
5 Answers
8.73K Views
What is the secret of Dropbox's success?

Why is Dropbox so much more successful than many other sites that offer/offered essentially the same service?

asked Mar 11 '11 at 23:05
Blank
Zippy
871 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Free event and action dashboard for startups - Is this is a useful idea?

This post/question is little long but could be useful for startups so I decided to write it here. I have been using an internal dashboard to track my application events and user actions in a php...

asked Feb 12 '11 at 01:33
Blank
Nilesh
420 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
What information to gather when registering users

We all know that it's really important for an impatient SaaS user to not make them spend too much time filling forms. Having said that there maybe some important fields that needs to be gathered...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 13:13
Blank
User3462
345 points

11 Votes
9 Answers
4.18K Views
User Registration forms - user name or email address?

I would like as simple as possible a registration and login process. Should I use a username or an email address as the key identifier during the login? (Presumably the user db might also a user...

asked Oct 28 '10 at 19:12
Blank
J Delage
277 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
What tech expertise do I need to accomplish my goal?

I have a business plan & money to hire a developer - the essentials involve simple online games for children (played via traditional computer over the internet) such that their scores are...

asked May 11 '10 at 01:26
Blank
Quatnerion
16 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
4.46K Views
Anyone have experience with usertesting.com? Remote user testing services?

We are looking to do some usability testing on our site. Any experiences with either usertesting.com specifically or other similar services? You pay them to have users test your site, record their...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 07:20
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
3.44K Views
What constitutes a good dashboard?

Dashboards are the 1st screen to welcome users for the 1st time or everytime they use your web app. What are examples of web apps with good dashboard? What do you want in a dashboard? Do you guys...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 20:52
Blank
Eric
352 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.17K Views
Login Systems and User signups

Our web app deal with social networks and different login systems fit with the app. MY question is which login frontend do you prefer. a. a username / password text field form with submit...

asked Jan 17 '10 at 01:42
Blank
Eric
352 points

10 Votes
3 Answers
12K Views
Is it legal to copy a user interface?

Is it a copyright infringement to copy a user interface? I'm not talking about the specific graphics, but the layout and the way users interact with the application. For example, Blippy 's UI...

asked Dec 16 '09 at 02:31
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.53K Views
Elements of a good web app/site design

I am trying to summarize elements of a good web application and web site design. This question was asked earlier in various forms and my intent is get some must haves, good practices and definitely...

asked Dec 16 '09 at 23:07
Blank
Aka Ak
165 points