TOS Questions

23 Votes
1 Answers
20.8K Views
Is there a Terms of Service (TOS) template that I can use for my SaaS product? Please help, I am a geek and this is new to me

I am at a point where I need to have a Terms of Service (TOS) page ready before I launch my SaaS product. Is there a template somewhere that I can use, or is this something that only a lawyer can...

asked Oct 18 '10 at 02:33
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
How much protection can the terms of service actually provide?

Context: (based in the USA) I am building an online marketplace for services and am wondering on how much protection I can get from my terms of service. I am thinking of starting this business...

asked Aug 27 '13 at 11:03
Blank
Train
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Image uploading app - Terms of service

I'm currently working on a simple image uploading app that lets you upload images to services like Flickr and Facebook. Do I need a terms of service or some other kind of disclaimer for an app like...

asked Apr 5 '12 at 23:15
Blank
James
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2K Views
What's the best way to get a legit TOS that will hold up?

We're looking for a TOS. We have some options, but I want to make sure it's done right.

asked Jan 18 '12 at 15:48
Blank
Andrew
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Liability Release in ToS?

I own a small business IT consulting firm, and on the web site we have our ToS listed. In our ToS is the following line: [Business Name], or anyone working at the request of [Business Name], may...

asked Oct 29 '11 at 15:44
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
Is "Public Offer" synonym of ToS?

My company provides fee-based online services in addition to a free basic online service and product. We have not bothered until now much with ToS before but with increase of fee-based clients...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 14:57
Blank
Gennady Vanin Novosibirsk
133 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
20.3K Views
What's the difference between customer, client, user and consumer?

My company sells fee-based online services in addition to a free basic online service and product. How would one call an entity subscribed for a free service and distinguishably name another that...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 15:20
Blank
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
What is the difference between ToS and terms-and-conditions?

I see in this board the two tags: ToS (which I understood as "The Terms of Service") terms-and-conditions The same I see for on-line services. Some companies, providing on-line services, have...

asked Mar 5 '11 at 15:50
Blank
133 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.65K Views
Do terms of service and privacy policy need to be drafted by a lawyer?

I am trying to do a startup web app and I need a terms of service and privacy policy. Is there any way to do it without a lawyer? Why I ask is because I don't have that much money.

asked Nov 30 '10 at 09:46
Blank
Chromedude
202 points