Statistics Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
Can Alexa and Compete traffic stats be faked? How to verify stats before buying a site?

We all know that Google Analytics stats can easily be faked with bots and proxy servers. Which makes objectively finding good sites to buy Flippa very tough.But what about Compete.com and Alexa...

asked Sep 4 '14 at 00:57
Blank
Carmen Unger
7 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
How can I figure out why 'Refuse' Google Statistics is so high?

I have an educational application, and it gains some little traffic from Chrome Web Store and Facebook App listing. But Google Analytic says, that 'refuse' is extremely high - 70%-90%. Refuse -...

asked Jul 27 '13 at 23:47
Blank
Joe Half Face
188 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Comparison of sites that force email activation vs. ones that accept any email

I'm looking for a comparison of SaaS websites that force email activation versus ones that do not. Similar to how some websites review a checkout process across multiple domains.

asked Oct 23 '12 at 20:33
Blank
Anagio
293 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.7K Views
Is there a reliable way to predict customer churn rate?

Recently, I heard about the concept of being able to predict customer churn as a way to avoid losing customers. Is there a reliable way to predict customer churn rate?

asked Oct 24 '12 at 07:39
Blank
Mohammad Ali Akbari
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.59K Views
How to calculate avg account lifetime in SaaS model?

I wish I had taken a stats class, but I didn't so I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. We sell a product with a recurring monthly fee. I'd like to be able to figure out how long the...

asked Sep 19 '12 at 10:35
Blank
Jim
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Are there any good statistics out there not just on the failure % of startups, but the reasons associated with those failures?

There's a lot of rhetoric, on both sides, about why businesses succeed and fail, but I've seen really no good numbers backing up the claims of either major political party. (in the US) Sure,...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 16:51
Blank
Splinter Reality
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Customer Discovery: How much data is sufficient?

I am doing a Customer Discovery phase (as per Customer Development model by Steven G. Blank). In this step I need to have to identify the following: The customer has a problem. The customer...

asked May 15 '12 at 08:05
Blank
Mvbl Fst
144 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Is there such a thing as "legal insurance" available to startups?

As some kind of a follow-up of my previous question about trademark, I am curious to know about legal risks and protection options, particularly in Europe. As far as I can see, one of the greatest...

asked Apr 23 '12 at 17:18
Blank
Yoav Aner
318 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.4K Views
Selling a small project that got big

I have a possible opportunity to sell a small web application that started as a personal project and got a significant amount of press. The company that may buy it would benefit from owning the...

asked Feb 1 '12 at 11:42
Blank
Fred
23 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.98K Views
When should I start worrying about the number of signups I have on my landing page?

I just launched my landing page a few days ago,and I'm already fearful that I won't succeed, which may be unrealistic considering how early I am in the process. I've started working through The...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 22:16
Blank
Levi Campbell
118 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
IT statistics for Apple, android, etc - how widely used are they

what resources do you use for statistics on things like: how many people have iphones, how many ipads, android , etc and split by countries if possible. Do you know any site to offer such statistics?

asked Oct 9 '11 at 02:29
Blank
Ryan
147 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.07K Views
Where to find Market Data?

Is there a particular place with, or a particular technique to use for finding different kinds of market data? For instance, I want to look up what research has been done on internal...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 20:52
Blank
Roy Dictus
343 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
using website stats as metrics

I've been running a small open-source software project for number of years, and a couple years ago I started saving website statistics. Here is a sample: April 2011 -- 26426 page views April 2010...

asked May 5 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
How to find statistics for a sales pitch?

We have developed a system that lets small businesses issue membership cards to their clients which can then be used as payment cards. The clients either preload the card with money or link it with...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.87K Views
How do you use web data with heuristics to group customers

I've read a few blogs on identifying a customer type from how they get onto your page. I'm not familar with these techniques but the implications I find intriguing and would like to incorporate...

asked Nov 4 '10 at 12:40
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.22K Views
App usage statistics

If I want to start a new website, the first thing I do is check out the competition to see both what they are doing and how much traffic they are generating. I would normally use a site like...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 11:04
Blank
Doug
118 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.09K Views
Browser Statistics

How I can find the Browser Statistics for a specific country? So how many Firefox users, how many Chrome users, etc.

asked Dec 24 '09 at 21:32
Blank
Dror Engel
13 points

14 Votes
10 Answers
6K Views
Is there evidence of better results with a free version vs. free trial?

Some companies opt for a free version in hopes of converting to paid. Others offer a free trial. I can see merit in both, but I'm curious what your thoughts are around which is preferred and why....

asked Dec 3 '09 at 16:47
Blank
Justyn
892 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.13K Views
What is the statistic on number of startups that have made it?

I know that the term "making it" might be a very subjective term but I think we all have a sense for what it means. At some point in time having an actual revenue was considered "making it" but...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 12:41
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points