Failure Questions

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.46K Views
What's the worst failure you had in business and what did you learn from it?

What's the biggest failure you had while building a startup and what was the take away?

asked Jun 16 '14 at 21:25
Blank
Verdell Smith
22 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.69K Views
Both cofounders quit. Rebrand?

So me and 2 other cofounders spent a year building a product together, however it got no traction. We have a ery expensive buyout price however, but I don't think it makes sense to buy them out. So...

asked Oct 22 '14 at 21:10
Blank
User34175
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.88K Views
Post launch: when should we pivot or call it quits if our startup isn't getting many users?

It always happens when I launch new apps. A month or two into marketing it, there is very little growth or paid customers. Which leads to me losing interest or getting pessimistic about the app...

asked May 22 '15 at 11:43
Blank
Robert Miller
14 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
3.97K Views
Build a career or do a start up?

I have been working for the past 2 years on my start up product as it stands: 1) I have the mobile application built and ready for launch 2) The backend is all done3) We have conducted beta...

asked Oct 3 '15 at 00:35
Blank
User34199
46 points

15 Votes
11 Answers
4.12K Views
My startup is failing

I'm currently 25 years old. About 2 years ago (at the age of 23), I quit my job and started a company with two friends. I dedicated a lot of time and hard work to it. I used to code 12 - 15 hours...

asked Nov 18 '13 at 06:49
Blank
Sticox
79 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.69K Views
Getting a job after failing at entrepreneurship?

What are some hurdles you'll come across while hunting for a job after trying to build your own startups (unsuccessfully for 5+ years)?I'm a software engineer. I'm a generalist who does many other...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 19:13
Blank
Mike Steve
40 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Biggest mistake you made early on in your startup?

What was the biggest mistake you made during the first few months of your startup?

asked Mar 14 '14 at 22:01
Blank
John Aquino
55 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
How to convince co-founder that we need to shutdown our company?

My co-founder and I have been working on a bunch of different apps for Android that just aren't going anywhere.While we both hold full time jobs and do this on the side, how do I break it to him...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 22:36
Blank
Susan Wagner
60 points

-4 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
Failed startup right after MBA. Is my career in jeopardy?

I completed my MBA in 2012 and then worked for 6 months as an analyst, but quit my job to work on a startup. I am not a technical person so I hired a company to develop the website and we ran...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 20:06
Blank
Kriti
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Trying to figure out the right lessons from a failed consumer web product

I created a web application that allowed users to share their ideas using a twitter like interface with some decent capabilities like location,search,voting and (ideas as response) , response...

asked Aug 26 '13 at 20:10
Blank
Arko D
101 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
What is the best way to take most out of a failed startup?

In the case that startup I'm working on for several years is going to fail, what is the best way to get most experience out of it? I see the following options: Try to continue in the same...

asked Aug 26 '13 at 06:47
Blank
Jhexp
105 points

9 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
What to say to testers and leads after your startup fails?

I recently decided to end my startup project. I've been working with a few testers and communicating with many potential customers via email blasts. They are expecting us to release a production...

asked May 28 '13 at 13:34
Blank
Sguptaet
242 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
About facing setbacks

So I develop further and further on a web project. I put in some considerable amount of money. But the more I develop the less I enjoy doing it, I hate it, doing it all on my own. All the time new...

asked Dec 11 '12 at 14:48
Blank
User1505034
31 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
Getting new solution for stalled startup

I have been working on an education services startup for about 1 Year. At this stage the whole product must be completed, but I still have ~30% remaining. Following is my case: We are a group of...

asked Jul 20 '12 at 16:56
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Are there any good statistics out there not just on the failure % of startups, but the reasons associated with those failures?

There's a lot of rhetoric, on both sides, about why businesses succeed and fail, but I've seen really no good numbers backing up the claims of either major political party. (in the US) Sure,...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 16:51
Blank
Splinter Reality
106 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
How do prevent a prior startup failure from discouraging you to start another?

In the mid-90s I was involved with a partner for two years in a non-internet related tech startup (I know, stupid). The OP provided money and the business end. It was a 50/50 deal. I was a...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 10:13
Blank
Len
376 points

17 Votes
5 Answers
3.29K Views
When to kill a startup?

I've been working on a side project for several months, and it's doing ok. I've done a lot of testing and talking to customers, and I'm very confident that this could be a viable small business...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 02:24
Blank
Nick Budden
129 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
What kind of mental situations one faces, when his/her start up fails after leaving a good job?

I often want to leave my ongoing lucrative & comfortable job and start something of my own. But then I get stopped by the thought that, what if it fails? What kind of mental trauma / setback...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 01:04
Blank
Iammilind
182 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Start with: generic product, client product, or freelancing?

We started freelancing. However, most of our projects have failed because we had to do what we are not experienced with. For example, say our expertise is ASP, but we can't wait for ASP projects to...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 13:17
Blank
D Shan
68 points

20 Votes
12 Answers
8.49K Views
How do I get a job back after a failed startup?

About 1 year ago, I quit my job to work on my startup. It required a lot of hard work and consumed countless nights. My wife was very involved in this decision. The target was to participate in a...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 20:01
Blank
Leadgy
222 points