Failure Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
What do you do when your Angel turns out to be a Devil?

Investor are in it for one thing, profit. That's okay if both the founders and the investors profit. What do you do when the "Angels" who have been funding your work kick out the founders and the...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 06:38
Blank
Busted Flatt
16 points

11 Votes
3 Answers
6.53K Views
How to structure a resume after startup failure?

I'm in the frustrating position of looking for a job after spending two years building a start-up that has faced terminal challenges. My problem is that my start-up had little to do with my prior...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 03:13
Blank
Howard
56 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.07K Views
Are there Internet startups that became successful without enormous time commitment from employees?

The software and Internet startup companies I've worked for required 60, 80, or more hours a week of their employees (not just founders), for extended periods of time, up to a year. Are there...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 08:19
Blank
Meva
26 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.81K Views
Interviewing to re-enter the corporate world after start up "fail"

I'm following on this question regarding my start-up experience in my resume. Over a year ago I quit my consulting job to start-up a service company, and after 13 months we (my partners and...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 09:37
Blank
Saitam
36 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
What happens if a startup fails in California?

What happens if a startup fails in California and has VC funding? I read in a previous question that companies incorporated in New York State, employee payroll liabilities of the business extend...

asked Apr 13 '10 at 15:03
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.15K Views
Examples of failed products/startups?

I would like to hear the stories of startups that created a software product of any category that didn't take off for the simple reason that no one wanted it. One of the examples could be Microsoft...

asked Mar 6 '10 at 06:24
Blank
Alex Radzie
40 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.15K Views
Does shutting a start-up down affect your ability to do future start-ups?

I have a friend who is contemplating shutting his start-up down. Because he has more liabilities on the books than assets he would have to file for some form of bankruptcy (I think). My question is...

asked Jan 28 '10 at 09:57
Blank
Tommy Maddox
156 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.73K Views
What happens when a start-up fails?

It seems like there isn't very much information on the web about wind-down processes in a start-up, largely because probably don't want to admit publicly when their company didn't pan out. However,...

asked Jan 12 '10 at 08:19
Blank
Tommy Maddox
156 points

6 Votes
8 Answers
7.33K Views
What companies failed because they released too early?

Most bloggers are saying you should release early, iterate often, and fail fast. But some companies are notorious for releasing early, but then getting a bad reputation which led to their failure....

asked Dec 19 '09 at 05:41
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

12 Votes
9 Answers
3.45K Views
Anyone found or work for a startup that was a complete failure?

When we think about startups we always think about the success stories like Google, Twitter, and YouTube. You never hear about failed startups unless there was some sort of high profile founder or...

asked Nov 15 '09 at 04:38
Blank
Joe A
1,196 points