Office Questions

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.34K Views
Home office or real office?

When do I move my business from my laptop in my bedroom to rented office space? Is there any problem in doing business out of my living room, bedroom, or dorm room when I'm starting up?

asked Nov 21 '10 at 09:24
Blank
Moshe
409 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Small office "support" server- hardware and software?

So I am in the process of launching a new venture. The new company will be a niche consulting company centered around some complex simulation tools that have been developed, are the company will...

asked Oct 15 '10 at 03:57
Blank
Mark D
113 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
Office Lease Problem

I am in the process of moving out of my home office and renting commercial space. I found a place nearby that I really like. It's clean, well-kept, and has plenty of room for myself and two...

asked Jul 24 '10 at 00:32
Blank
Steampunk
166 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.42K Views
Macs or PCs for employees?

When I started my company I bought myself a Mac because that is what I wanted. I have since purchased Macs for each new employee. I like having a standard platform and I thought that working with a...

asked Jul 28 '10 at 23:16
Blank
Jason Cianchette
511 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.44K Views
Startup Office Space in the UK (or should we just work from home?!)

Does anyone have much experience with finding office space for a small startup (less than five people) in the UK? There are more and more places out there offering eBuisness or Start-up...

asked May 11 '10 at 01:10
Blank
Alistair Collins
181 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
11.6K Views
Should I pay some of my employees parking expense?

We just rented a new office in downtown Portland Maine. It will be a fun location for the employees and everyone is excited about the move. Unfortunately, there is little public parking near the...

asked Apr 7 '10 at 17:29
Blank
Jason Cianchette
511 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
Coworking - the right place for early stage startups?

We're two founders planning a web startup together. And because we don't want to work from home, we're currently evaluating coworking spaces. How is your experience with coworking? Is it usable...

asked Apr 16 '10 at 23:47
Blank
Roland
33 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
5.46K Views
How do I set up a mailing address /virtual office presence in the USA

My company needs to have a US address for getting insurance and other services from US providers, despite us being based abroad (in Canada). Can anyone suggest a good provider of an inbound...

asked Feb 19 '10 at 03:08
Blank
Michael
250 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
4.18K Views
What tips do you have for a new co-working space?

A few of us in Waterloo are planning to launch a new co-working space, and we've done a lot of the ground work, but I'm looking for any non-obvious tips and suggestions from veterans. If you have...

asked Dec 22 '09 at 04:54
Blank
Joseph Fung
1,542 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.88K Views
Best way to navigate getting out of an office lease

We signed a lease on office space but recently hit a tough stretch funding-wise and are trying to figure out a way to get out of lease as quickly as possible. Any suggestions for this? I guess if...

asked Dec 9 '09 at 06:08
Blank
Tommy Maddox
156 points

9 Votes
1 Answers
7.49K Views
How much does nice office space cost in New York City?

How much does office space for startups cost in New York City? What are the options?

asked Dec 14 '09 at 11:30
Blank
Joel Spolsky
13,482 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
7.06K Views
How much does nice office space cost in the Bay Area?

How much does office space for startups cost in the Bay Area? What are the options? I'm thinking of startup-friendly places, including SoMa, Silicon Valley, and places in the east bay like...

asked Dec 14 '09 at 11:40
Blank
Joel Spolsky
13,482 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.81K Views
Managing growth in a "private office culture" startup

This question is related to another one, "Ideal office space layout - open or offices?", but I think it's worth a question of its own. There are many voices advocating that developers have to be...

asked Nov 7 '09 at 20:14
Blank
Artur Soler
206 points