Computers Questions

2 Votes
0 Answers
3.8K Views
What is the key to securing a large investment in a project? How much should I offer the investor in return for his risk?

Let's say all of the following conditions are true: I have the connections needed to get audience with multiple multi-millionaires, although I, myself, am not one. I have, in concept, designed a...

asked Oct 27 '13 at 03:01
Blank
Jonathan Todd
28 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.76K Views
What Are My Restrictions With "Non-commercial Use" Software?

Basically I want to start a company. I realize you cannot use this software for commercial purposes; hence the name. Basically I have lots of "Non-commercial" software installed on my main...

asked Feb 1 '13 at 09:33
Blank
Annonomus Person
204 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.06K Views
Is it illegal to sell a software template created at work but duplicated and augmented at home?

I am an employee at a large company and I created a worksheet using my work computer. The worksheet helps me organize my info such as passwords and time-off records. I replicated it and then...

asked Feb 28 '12 at 11:36
Blank
Es Developer
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
What's the best tool for keeping track of inventory

I have all one-of-a-kind inventory, and I am struggling to keep track of it. I currently use an excel spread sheet, and have long descriptions of each item and I have about 300 items. Once I expand...

asked Jun 25 '11 at 04:34
Blank
User11503
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Selling computer games under legal age?

I was wondering if anybody knows what has to be done in Belgium if I want to sell computer games under the legal age (18). Which means I am to young to start a business legally. Thanks in...

asked May 19 '11 at 04:37
Blank
Simon Verbeke
108 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Using freeware in my business

I'm planning to start a local business where I would repair and tune up customer's computer's for a flat rate of, say, $60. I wouldn't hire any employees, I'd just be me. If I used freeware (open...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 16:47
Blank
Ratz
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Small office "support" server- hardware and software?

So I am in the process of launching a new venture. The new company will be a niche consulting company centered around some complex simulation tools that have been developed, are the company will...

asked Oct 15 '10 at 03:57
Blank
Mark D
113 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.42K Views
Macs or PCs for employees?

When I started my company I bought myself a Mac because that is what I wanted. I have since purchased Macs for each new employee. I like having a standard platform and I thought that working with a...

asked Jul 28 '10 at 23:16
Blank
Jason Cianchette
511 points