Domain registration in the US for foreign domain


As is obvious I am located in the US but my customers are in the former Soviet Republics. So I am looking to register a domain localized for them.

For example most web hosting providers in the US will register or or .tv or .co for me, however, most if not all will not register or .ru Are there any providers that will do such registrations for me?

Domain Registration

asked Feb 13 '13 at 01:13
1,779 points

2 Answers


Quick Google search reveals but I have no idea if they are any good.

answered Feb 13 '13 at 01:50
Steve Jones
3,239 points
  • Will need to check. – Karlson 11 years ago


I would separate the hosting from the registration process. Much easier to repoint the nameservers to another hosting company vs. attempting to get a combination hosting + registrar.

Check the list of accredited .ru registrars and .ua registrars. there are different requirements to register - for example, .ua allows only trademark holders to register domains similar to the name of the trademark.

Wikipedia has some additional info on .ua and .ru TLDs that may be of interest.

answered Feb 13 '13 at 01:57
Jim Galley
9,952 points

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

Domain Registration